PCR Test and fit to fly in the UK ?

8 hours ago, Greghuntleyuk said:

Does anyone know if you can use the NHS test? Although it would be a risk pushing it for a turn around in 72 hours.

I've read reports of several people (ab)using NHS tests for this, an issue may be if you only get results by SMS which is possible, as this may not be accepted.

Fit to Fly from your GP for a price.

• Like 1

You can get a home test kit from Randox and test at home, then have the swab couriered to their nomated lab, or visit either of their clinics ( liverpool or london). I did mine in London £120, results in less than 24 hours. Book your kit or appointment online.

I did an online consultation with "Dr Dan", yes his real name £55 for thr online consultation and fit to fly. Book your medical on line.

Very easy process.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

You can get a home test kit from Randox and test at home, then have the swab couriered to their nomated lab, or visit either of their clinics ( liverpool or london). I did mine in London £120, results in less than 24 hours. Book your kit or appointment online.

I did an online consultation with "Dr Dan", yes his real name £55 for thr online consultation and fit to fly. Book your medical on line.

Very easy process.

I was going to post the same recommendation. To the OP, this is the way to go, many people on the facebook help groups have done this. Dr Dan is from Freedom Health.

Edited by jimn

Major problem for me if I wanted to go back on a Repatriation Flight, I live in the N.E. and have googled many times for Clinics in the area but all appear to be in the London area. My G.P. doesn’t do Fit to Fly Certs and obviously Covid Tests, NHS ones are not in writing.
I would need the Fit to Fly for my Partner and our son, I have looked into it intensely but have made the decision to ride it out until such time restrictions ease and flights resume from the Newcastle. I have applied to extend my partners Visa and our son is now attending school here. I think the Thai Embassy assume everything ody lives in the vicinity of London and can just arrange everything around there.

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you not have to go to an airport near London anyway?

I think given your circumstances, waiting it out makes good sense. 

If living in the N.E. it’s a 400 kilometre journey by public transport, stay in a hotel increasing the risk of contracting the virus plus the added expense of travelling and staying in a hotel. 

1 hour ago, treetops said:

I've read reports of several people (ab)using NHS tests for this, an issue may be if you only get results by SMS which is possible, as this may not be accepted.

Fit to Fly from your GP for a price.

A Fit to Fly certificate does not exist in UK NHS system. The OP will have to go private.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Major problem for me if I wanted to go back on a Repatriation Flight, I live in the N.E. and have googled many times for Clinics in the area but all appear to be in the London area. My G.P. doesn’t do Fit to Fly Certs and obviously Covid Tests, NHS ones are not in writing.
I would need the Fit to Fly for my Partner and our son, I have looked into it intensely but have made the decision to ride it out until such time restrictions ease and flights resume from the Newcastle. I have applied to extend my partners Visa and our son is now attending school here. I think the Thai Embassy assume everything ody lives in the vicinity of London and can just arrange everything around there.

No. They have no idea that a 'fit to fly' does not really exist in many countries especially those with public health systems. There is a Harley street type area in Manchester 

19 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Fit to Fly seems to be addressed in the post above yours and some NHS tests have the result emailed - you could try it out to see what your area does if you hadn't decided to stay on.

You can download a fit-to-fly certificate and  should be able to take it to a clinic an pay then to do it, 

Many of the "urgent-care" facilities do it in the US. 

Clearly people are getting them in the UK as they have repatriation flights.

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Very easy process.

Just spoke to Randox. They said they need you to come into clinic directly. Then send it to Northern Irealand !!! <deleted>

I have got the rite company randoxhealth.com ?

Getting this test and results back and not being anywhere near London is very stressful.

Can anyone clarify what the 'fit to fly' certificate should be? One clinic i spoke to said, they it was simply a certificate to say you didn't have Covid, and this was sufficient for airlines.

But surely i think it would be a little more than just covid related?

I'm in a similar boat to yourself, except that I'm in the North of Scotland. I've already accepted that I'll need to spend at least a couple of nights in London prior to my flight (which is on the 20th). The Randox suggestion from Aussieroaming is v helpful; I called them a moment ago (on the 0800 number) & spoke with someone who took my details & arranged for me to get a call from another person in London. I've now booked an appointment for Thurs to go into their office in Central London & get the sample taken, & I'll get the result within 48hrs. I was told that they'll date the test the date of the flight; all seems quite good, & price £120 is OK (binger's suggestion sounds good but is a bit pricey at £250). As far as fit-to-fly goes, Dr. Dan's price is better than most I've found online - my wife had her's done on the phone recently for £80 (gogodoc - one of those recommended by the Thai Embassy), & she just had to answer "no" to a few questions, all done in about 30 seconds!

www.better2know.com
I did my home test through this company, they send you the test kit and you post it back through a Royal Mail priority post box in the pre paid envelope they give you in the kit.

i got my certificate emailed back within 36 hours.

The test costs 125 GBP but you can also pay for the FTY at the same time you order the kit.

Good luck

1 hour ago, georgey said:

I'm in a similar boat to yourself, except that I'm in the North of Scotland. I've already accepted that I'll need to spend at least a couple of nights in London prior to my flight (which is on the 20th). The Randox suggestion from Aussieroaming is v helpful; I called them a moment ago (on the 0800 number) & spoke with someone who took my details & arranged for me to get a call from another person in London. I've now booked an appointment for Thurs to go into their office in Central London & get the sample taken, & I'll get the result within 48hrs. I was told that they'll date the test the date of the flight; all seems quite good, & price £120 is OK (binger's suggestion sounds good but is a bit pricey at £250). As far as fit-to-fly goes, Dr. Dan's price is better than most I've found online - my wife had her's done on the phone recently for £80 (gogodoc - one of those recommended by the Thai Embassy), & she just had to answer "no" to a few questions, all done in about 30 seconds!

I am surprised you can get a legitimate company to post-date your certificate. 

Yeah, the fit-to-fly is nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:
15 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I am surprised you can get a legitimate company to post-date your certificate. 

Yeah, the fit-to-fly is nothing, who checks the Test Certificates are genuine, is it the Embassy or you just show them prior to boarding ?

the fit-to-fly and Covid test certs I just had to show the airline. 

Not enough time for the consulate to review and approve.

10 minutes ago, mogandave said:

the fit-to-fly and Covid test certs I just had to show the airline. 

Not enough time for the consulate to review and approve.

What’s the point in paying for all the Certs when no one checks they are genuine more so as Thai nationals don’t need the Covid Cert. ?

37 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What’s the point in paying for all the Certs when no one checks they are genuine more so as Thai nationals don’t need the Covid Cert. ?

Maybe Thais don't assume everyone's cheating. Falsifying the documents looks like it would have a lot of downside for little upside. 

I called the Thai consulate, they told me where I could get a same day test. Called, the clinic, made an appointment, went to the appointment and in under an hour I had both certificates.

53 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Maybe Thais don't assume everyone's cheating. Falsifying the documents looks like it would have a lot of downside for little upside. 

I called the Thai consulate, they told me where I could get a same day test. Called, the clinic, made an appointment, went to the appointment and in under an hour I had both certificates.

Hey YellowTail - what is this clinic ? 

Just now, AndrewMciver said:

Hey YellowTail - what is this clinic ? 

I was recommending you call the consulate in the UK, I called the consulate in the US and they directed me to the clinic. The consulate in the UK can likely do the same for you.

2 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

I spoke to a company who said the FIT TO FLY CERTIFICATE is just with the Covid test.

Is this correct ?

The consulate in the US requires two separate documents. The fit-to-fly cert basically says your health is such that there is no reason you should not be allowed to fly. The covid cert states you tested negative for covid.

20 hours ago, Greghuntleyuk said:

Does anyone know if you can use the NHS test? Although it would be a risk pushing it for a turn around in 72 hours.

When the embassy confirmed my flight they advised of these clinics below, they will issue 3 documents, Negative CV result ( hopefully ) / fit to fly cert / lab report, all will have you name and passport number on them. I'd suggest not using one that the embassy does not recommend.

image.png.7d07d16e12e540aeb0a13cd9ac121fb4.png

• Like 1