Pheu Thai party’s U-turns to support reducing powers of senators

rooster59

Pheu Thai party’s U-turns to support reducing powers of senators

phue-Thai.jpg

Thailand’s opposition Pheu Thai party now supports the proposal of the Kao Klai party to amend Section 272 of the Constitution, to strip the Senate of powers to elect the Prime Minister.

The opposition Deputy Chief Whip Mr. Somkid Chuakong said Saturday that the party does not object to the latest move, by the Democrat party, to amend Section 272, adding that the party will discuss this issue at a meeting on September 8th.

Explaining the party’s U-turn on the matter, Pheu Thai MP for Ubon Ratchathani province said that the political situation changes every week, hence, the party must adjust to those changes.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-partys-u-turns-to-support-reducing-powers-of-senators/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-09-06

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes a real PM needs to be elected with a real party that wins by fairness. Rewriting the constitution and placing 250 unelected Regime backing Senators as well as having all of your main opposition silenced is not the way to go. Good luck to the youth of Thailand putting all the old ways, the regime, and the elite to rest and out to pasture. Time for their world now.

You know, it’s a funny thing.  I have observed both history and present global circumstances and it strikes me that no matter how well intentioned things start out, once people get their snout in the trough they just never stop eating and in fact end up hungrier than when they started (China, Russia, USA etc). I don’t see the corruption, manipulation and greed going away just because a new generation rules the roost.  The more things change the more they stay the same.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, chilli42 said:

You know, it’s a funny thing.  I have observed both history and present global circumstances and it strikes me that no matter how well intentioned things start out, once people get their snout in the trough they just never stop eating and in fact end up hungrier than when they started (China, Russia, USA etc). I don’t see the corruption, manipulation and greed going away just because a new generation rules the roost.  The more things change the more they stay the same.

For me I always hold out hope for the future and the youth. For here in the land of many false smiles it all needs to change as I have my kids and their generation and then their kids that need their future. I support their right to request change and push in anyway they feel fit. Pheu Thai needs to go away with their bunch as well with all the others that the students and other Thai are pushing against to leave........  Those days are gone and need to be gone of the same old same guard that is no longer liked or wanted, needed or tolerated. Unfortunately the new and refreshing party being FFP was side swipe attacked and for the most part taken out of action. What a shame that was and is.

Yes I agree with you as it indeed is based on greed and status and many new comers are pushed or just cannot resist the temptation to feed. Sort of like a shark frenzy or orgy of partaking in the same conquests as self entitlement. But there is still hope. I can tell you my kids are more down to earth same as their friends. Kind of like the newer generation of Chinese compared to the older ones. I have seen a difference even though some of their characteristics are the same like buffet surfing.

China with its ruling party and Xi needs to be put back into its place as is way way way out of line and out of control, same as Russia and Putin, and then same in the USA where I am from with the one who has created a huge divide and switch to almost the extent of civil war breaking out all because he wants to be a Ruler. No room for that and I even voted for him before, but then the true term of drain the swamp should be applied everywhere if progress and the world will survive. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Explaining the party’s U-turn on the matter, Pheu Thai MP for Ubon Ratchathani province said that the political situation changes every week, hence, the party must adjust to those changes.

They can smell a change in the wind, so moving to the right side is a smart move.

On 9/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, holy cow cm said:

For me I always hold out hope for the future and the youth. For here in the land of many false smiles it all needs to change as I have my kids and their generation and then their kids that need their future. I support their right to request change and push in anyway they feel fit. Pheu Thai needs to go away with their bunch as well with all the others that the students and other Thai are pushing against to leave........  Those days are gone and need to be gone of the same old same guard that is no longer liked or wanted, needed or tolerated. Unfortunately the new and refreshing party being FFP was side swipe attacked and for the most part taken out of action. What a shame that was and is.

Yes I agree with you as it indeed is based on greed and status and many new comers are pushed or just cannot resist the temptation to feed. Sort of like a shark frenzy or orgy of partaking in the same conquests as self entitlement. But there is still hope. I can tell you my kids are more down to earth same as their friends. Kind of like the newer generation of Chinese compared to the older ones. I have seen a difference even though some of their characteristics are the same like buffet surfing.

China with its ruling party and Xi needs to be put back into its place as is way way way out of line and out of control, same as Russia and Putin, and then same in the USA where I am from with the one who has created a huge divide and switch to almost the extent of civil war breaking out all because he wants to be a Ruler. No room for that and I even voted for him before, but then the true term of drain the swamp should be applied everywhere if progress and the world will survive. 

Anyone saying China is way, way way out of line and needs "put back in their place"--is way, way way robotically programmed to accept the current panicking US psuedo-freeworld narrative, which actually boils down to one unspoken phrase:  the $%#$%%$! Chinese are competing with us! Those dastards.  Why can't they remain where we want them (as slave labor and penitent commie non-conformists)?

17 minutes ago, FangFerang said:

Anyone saying China is way, way way out of line and needs "put back in their place"--is way, way way robotically programmed to accept the current panicking US psuedo-freeworld narrative, which actually boils down to one unspoken phrase:  the $%#$%%$! Chinese are competing with us! Those dastards.  Why can't they remain where we want them (as slave labor and penitent commie non-conformists)?

Sorry. I used to be a political consultant back in the day and look both ways before crossing the street. You sound like a china lover. .