Brexit back in crisis as UK threatens to undercut divorce pact

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Johnson is famous for being uninterested in detail,  however it was his responsibility to have the WA thoroughly checked AT THE TIME, whoever he got to do it, he is the PM for heavens sake, he had the entire civil service at his beck and call. 

He signed the deal - it is part of international law - no point in trying to go back now and change it, that should have been attempted at the time if they wanted to. 

The sad whining from various Brexiteers here that the EU has not treated them fairly and thus the WA is void is beyond pathetic, and a pointless attempt to slide - like a slimy snake - out of the UKs obligations.

HE SIGNED IT! Full stop end of story. 

NOBODY LIKES TO DO DEALS WITH PEOPLE WHO CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO KEEP THEIR WORD. 

Our International reputation is being holed below the waterline.

Heaven knows how many more basic standards of International and domestic political decency have to be sacrificed to the great god Brexit. How much further down into the gutter are Boris and Co prepared to go to appease it. 

It now has that very worrying look about the whole situation that Cummings and his puppet have entered a mindless slash and burn stage. 

I bet it was checked. The problem for Boris & Co was that a major rewrite would have meant yet more extensions and delays - this already more than three years after the referendum. But it looks like that the tweaks that were achieved before the WA was passed and signed by BOTH sides may have been more significant than most think.

But you are right and it is bad form that we may be breaking international law. I would have preferred a complete rejig of the WA, rather than signing the present one, but how long would it have taken to agree on a new one? The EU were allowed (by May) to dictate the rules for the WA sequencing and content and that remains a big main problem. But they do like to be seen to be in charge, eh? 

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If Theresa May wanted to be honest then she should never have put her hat in the ring for PM after the referendum. That WA was basically written by the EU for the EU and she just strung along with it, hoping for a never-ending Brino. A remainer and totally useless to lead a serious withdrawal effort - perfect for the EU - she is the reason everything is even more screwed up now. 

Did she guide Boris hand for signing maybe ….???? come on he wanted to sell his victory to his sheep cattle voters …..that time …. and now  ...yes another U-turn …..the man is not reliable and fit to be to PM.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, david555 said:

Did she guide Boris hand for signing maybe ….???? come on he wanted to sell his victory to his sheep cattle voters …..that time …. and now  ...yes another U-turn …..the man is not reliable and fit to be to PM.

Not like the heroine Theresa then?

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Not like the heroine Theresa then?

Only Westminster was desperate that time , so they believed the blond messiah …. gave him his 80 seats and now they have him on his throne and bearing the pain from it ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why is Boris not fit to be PM, he has done everything and more that has been asked of him. The country voted to leave and Boris had the unenviable task of delivering the voters wishes, he turned a remainer parliament into a leave one, whatever you think of him he has worked miracles.

And can I suggest that the only people that think he is unfit to be PM are the Euros like yourself and our very own, who when formulating a post always wear a blue beret with a host of gold stars, and nothing you say to them will stop them batting for the EU, that's how it is.????

you forget the 48% I think ,   oh....! true you 52% only see U.K. for yourself alone ….  so understand your re[ply ????

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

You had your chance to have your 48% remain, the remainers chose not to take it, all it would have taken for Labour to have voted for Mays Brino deal, but the remainers were not happy with that and although leave won the referendum, the remainers wanted to fully remain in the EU.

So the remainers should acknowledge their own actions and take responsibility for not taken the chances you were given, it is too late now, you will have to accept the democratic decision of our country.

If there is a no deal you must accept the part you played in it.

Why would a remainer vote for any form of Brexit?

The clue is in the name. Remainer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

I find it sad and bewildering that you even have to ask that question.

Johnson has stated that he is prepared to break international law. Is that the behaviour you expect and support of our political leader?

If that wasn't enough (and it is), he has completely mismanaged the Covid crisis.

Johnson is unfit to sit in parliament let alone lead the government. 

For the record, I'm British (and by extension European). I'm pro-EU but accept that 1) the UK has left the EU and 2) the EU is by no means perfect 3)I do not possess a beret (blue or any other colour).

Was with you all the way there till you got to the beret thing.

I do have one. Its black. And after 30 years it still fits. ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

You had your chance to have your 48% remain, the remainers chose not to take it, all it would have taken for Labour to have voted for Mays Brino deal, but the remainers were not happy with that and although leave won the referendum, the remainers wanted to fully remain in the EU.

So the remainers should acknowledge their own actions and take responsibility for not taken the chances you were given, it is too late now, you will have to accept the democratic decision of our country.

If there is a no deal you must accept the part you played in it.

( "You had your chance to have your 48% remain " ) =   not me I was not in for this debacle????  , as I am just an observer you could say in that vote 

for the rest yes , the best is stop all and leave you brexiteers on foggy island by your own ,until the resistance take over there ….????

However first see how much a legal case now could bring in the E.U. coffers ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

"Johnson is prepared to break international law"

International law is broken everyday by the likes of China, USA and Russia. 

So they just found out having a new comrade  ????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

Johnson has stated that he is prepared to break international law. Is that the behaviour you expect and support of our political leader?

If that wasn't enough (and it is), he has completely mismanaged the Covid crisis.

For the record, I'm British (and by extension European). I'm pro-EU but accept that 1) the UK has left the EU and 2) the EU is by no means perfect 3)I do not possess a beret (blue or any other colour).

6 minutes ago, RayC said:

The blue beret was not to be taken too literal.

The blue beret was not to be taken too literal.

However .... I put my bleu cap with stars in my pocket if I have by exception pass by the " British sector" eg. Soi Buakhao / Lk/Metro ???? in my pocket as a precaution as some must be getting desperate …, and so unpredictable after beers ????

1 minute ago, david555 said:

However .... I put my bleu cap with stars in my pocket if I have by exception pass by the " British sector" eg. Soi Buakhao / Lk/Metro ???? in my pocket as a precaution as some must be getting desperate …, and so unpredictable after beers ????

Do the EU insist that the beret must be secreted upon ones person at all time, or do you only wear it when Ode to Joy is being played whilst giving a two finger salute like Wolf Cub.

• Haha 1

Do the EU insist that the beret must be secreted upon ones person at all time, or do you only wear it when Ode to Joy is being played whilst giving a two finger salute like Wolf Cub.

mine is a cap …. a beret is most for the French …., but they let us free to decide about …. depending circumstances …...but most it is the 1 finger salute when hearing Britannia rules the "……… " ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1