World must be better prepared for next pandemic, says WHO boss

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

World must be better prepared for next pandemic, says WHO boss

That should be obvious for everyone who followed the news in the last couple of months.

But it seems some so called leaders "think" it will go away anyhow. And they prefer to blame others instead of fighting the disease. To be prepared we need better leaders and leaders who care.

• Like 2

So now that Dr. johnny come lately said his peace and cashed his fat check, we all have to realized that mankind can not guard against calamities and disasters and it doesn't take much for a similar one to start at any time so any statements from the bigwigs are nothing but lip service...

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That should be obvious for everyone who followed the news in the last couple of months.

But it seems some so called leaders "think" it will go away anyhow. And they prefer to blame others instead of fighting the disease. To be prepared we need better leaders and leaders who care.

Sadly, it is doubtful that any better leaders can be found...the world is woefully lacking in strong moral character...integrity and honesty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Sadly, it is doubtful that any better leaders can be found...the world is woefully lacking in strong moral character...integrity and honesty.

In part I agree with you. But why do we have so many bad leaders in democracies? It seems lots of people vote for those incompetent leaders...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paiman said:

Unfortunately the Pharma industries, global leaders and may be others we are not aware of, would love the ideas of ongoing virus threats.

Money to made and hidden agendas to be sold.

In a way I agree. But I guess mostly the leaders like to control the (perceived) threads like i.e. talking about migration. The problem with those viruses is that they are not predictable and there is only limited control over them. I guess by now Trump realizes that he should have taken that virus more serious. It won't go away by itself and lots of people notice the rising number of dead people.

This idiot is exactly what happens when a "world" organization has been influenced by people who have the agenda set by those who give money or services in exchange for their loyalty. 

Countries/states do need to have their own supply and manufacturing chain and set minimum stock pile levels And take responsibility for it. That should be publicly available for all to see. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In part I agree with you. But why do we have so many bad leaders in democracies? It seems lots of people vote for those incompetent leaders...

It unfortunately is called Kakistocracy, basically the world right now is being governed by its least suitable or competent citizens.

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It unfortunately is called Kakistocracy, basically the world right now is being governed by its least suitable or competent citizens.

I Agee, nearly all countries are now governed by right wingers.  This has been the case the last few years. The pendulum will swing back at some point. Then the world will go back to a forward progression. Conservatives in general would like to turn back the clock to the Middle Ages if they could get away with it.

39 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thank, I learned a new word today. I just looked it up.

From Wikipedia: "A kakistocracy is a system of government that is run by the worst, least qualified, and/or most unscrupulous citizens."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakistocracy

They also write: "The word was coined as early as the seventeenth century." Now that is really shocking.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Did not fire a shot...not one soldier injured or killed!

There are always two sides to a unprecedented  tragedy! Pre and post pandemic!

Just like any large scale damage caused by a destructive catastrophe !

The post pandemic calamities have caused many related deaths and destruction,  indirectly i.e. hunger,lack of medical attention caused by shutdown,   human suffering ,unemployment,crime and many others. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Dang, Chinese planning to launch another virus?

It might get launched from a different place so people don’t guess “who’s” behind it.I’ve got a runny nose and sneezing and feeling hot so they may have released it already.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 1

This Gormless Fool Tedros has driven WHO to become the laughing stock of the World with his ridiculous sycophantic praise for the CCP in January and then later his lagging on sensible advice such as blocking international flights.  Now he has the Gall to tell the rest of the world to be prepared!  ????.  Such audacity.    

• Like 1