Is this considered as a work by immigration

Aforek

7 hours ago, Mavideol said:

3 years ago my neighbor was replacing his door lock, "IMO gestapo" show up and gave him a heck of hard time as he was taking job away from Thai person.... many many similar stories all around, it all depends on the IMO

To avoid such a situation, if I need to change the overhead porch light bulb, I hire 3 Thai electricians.  One to hold the bulb and two to twist the ladder around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2020 at 6:16 AM, Matzzon said:

No it´s no problem. I am just sad to read that someone feel that insecure in a country they chose to live in. Must be terrible.

Goes for most Expats, regardless of age or years here one wrong move can get you deported.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Given there is no minimum salary requirement for a work permit it certainly is possible however Iam sure you know full well what I meant by voluntary work though.

Wrong.

There is a minimum wage requirement to obtain a WP depending on your nationality and tax has to be paid on at least that minimum wage.

1 hour ago, geoff65 said:

Intelligent answer, now can i get an answer from someone who's not a complete retard.

Yes, you can do painting and small repairs. No problem whatsoever. Unless you do not have a neighbour that hates you 110%.

Doing big work like rebuilding or build out would be considered as work, though. However, I was active all the time during the building of my house. Never any problems.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i still cut the plants in front of my house as quickly as possible to avoid detection. 

Put a shot of whisky in a watering can and fill with water, sprinkle on the grass... it will come up "half-cut"

don't risk anything else.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I know a guy in Pattaya, who was towing his own boat with his own truck to a boat yard, cops pull him and told him only an employee of the boat yard is allowed to do that :crazy:.

And what was your friends answer to that beautiful lie? Ask to talk to his superior officer?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, fangless said:

Wrong.

There is a minimum wage requirement to obtain a WP depending on your nationality and tax has to be paid on at least that minimum wage.

Wrong.

the salary requirement is for the permission to stay extension issued by Immigration.

• Confused 1

On 9/9/2020 at 11:35 AM, richard_smith237 said:

One of the best barstool topics on ThaiVisa.com

‘Is this considered work ?’ - I can’t believe someone has not quoted the old favourite “Painting your own house is considered work and can land you in trouble because you are taking a job away from a Thai”.... this golden droplet of barstool fookwittery has been quoted numerous times.... 

Realistically: you’re growing stuff in your own garden....  it has nothing to do with employment. Carry on enjoy, feel free to paint your house while waiting for your veggies and chillies to grow !!!!

not such foowittery. I know of a farang who was arrested and deported for painting his boundary fence. Needless to say he had been giving Immigration grief, and this was there get square. So as others have said, keep your head down and make sure you don't upset anyone. TBPH I wouldn't do any work, even what you are proposing as retirement visa clearly states "Employment Prohibited". That includes voluntary work, paid or unpaid work, and anything that takes work/employment away from a Thai.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

not such foowittery. I know of a farang who was arrested and deported for painting his boundary fence. Needless to say he had been giving Immigration grief, and this was there get square. So as others have said, keep your head down and make sure you don't upset anyone. TBPH I wouldn't do any work, even what you are proposing as retirement visa clearly states "Employment Prohibited". That includes voluntary work, paid or unpaid work, and anything that takes work/employment away from a Thai.

For they knew that you would even take away the breadcrumbs that fell to ground. They knew your next move so they are taking preemptive moves.

Just like Trump wanting to take preempt nuclear strike against China. lol