Support a Thai Child Requirements

Where would you be applying for the visa?

After getting a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai you could apply for a one year extension of stay but you have to be the legal parent of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child without needing to be their legal parent.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where would you be applying for the visa?

After getting a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai you could apply for a one year extension of stay but you have to be the legal parent of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child without needing to be their legal parent.

I am applying for the one year extension of stay based on supporting my child I am on my 60 day extension (I was on an O visa) now which expires on the 16th then will automatically be on the amnesty until the 26th but hope to apply for the year extension within days, marriage is not an issue as the wife will be going with me I have marriage cert Brith cert etc 

Just trying to get the list of documents I need to get together then off to CM Immigarion 

Edited by Nadia6

18 hours ago, Nadia6 said:

I am applying for the one year extension of stay based on supporting my child I am on my 60 day extension (I was on an O visa) now which expires on the 16th then will automatically be on the amnesty until the 26th but hope to apply for the year extension within days, marriage is not an issue as the wife will be going with me I have marriage cert Brith cert etc 

Just trying to get the list of documents I need to get together then off to CM Immigarion 

One of the requirements that is valid nationwide (I think) is that you have to show 400,000 baht on your bank account. 

• Like 1

Did mine yesturday..

Everything you copy,you will need 2 of..

Passport,entry card,visa page.

House or appartment document.

If your house is in company name,you need tax docs.plus the tor tor san for house.

Bank book all pages,make a transaction on the day you go.

6 photos of you and family,1,at the fromt of house,2living room 3 bedroom and so on.

Show at least 400.000k in bank.

2 passport photos of yourself.

Thai id if you have one.

Blue book,and if you have yellow book.

I took the 6 photos printed them at the shop,then copied them onto A4 paper,3 and 3..this is how they want them..

Dont forget 2 copies of everything.

Take more docs if you have them,just incase..

If they give it you,they will stamp your passport for 1 month,you go back on the day they stamped it,and will stamp you up for the 11 months...ie 1year..good luck

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Nadia6 said:

Can anyone direct me to the exact paper work I need to accumulate for a Visa to support a Thai Child so an application for the visa can be made.

the big problem with that, is the old (as in recent updated) official immigration website gives you a nice big fat 4O4 error ... most people will go open requirements for marriage or pension, but the parent of thai child file / pdf is 4O4...

On 9/10/2020 at 10:07 AM, davjensteph said:

Did mine yesturday..

Everything you copy,you will need 2 of..

Passport,entry card,visa page.

House or appartment document.

If your house is in company name,you need tax docs.plus the tor tor san for house.

Bank book all pages,make a transaction on the day you go.

6 photos of you and family,1,at the fromt of house,2living room 3 bedroom and so on.

Show at least 400.000k in bank.

2 passport photos of yourself.

Thai id if you have one.

Blue book,and if you have yellow book.

I took the 6 photos printed them at the shop,then copied them onto A4 paper,3 and 3..this is how they want them..

Dont forget 2 copies of everything.

Take more docs if you have them,just incase..

If they give it you,they will stamp your passport for 1 month,you go back on the day they stamped it,and will stamp you up for the 11 months...ie 1year..good luck

Thai ID? This is NOT needed. Also, yellow book is not needed.  I know as my yellow book is for property in another place. 

• Passport copy, visa page copy, TM arrival card copy.
  • 2 visa pictures
  • Rental lease copy (for extensions, sometimes only first time too)
  • Birth certificate child, house book child
  • ID card copy mother
  • Application form
  • 1900 THB
  • Depending on embassy sometimes 40K baht financial proof on a bank. Hanoi accepted a self printed statement.
    = Single entry non-o OR 60 day extensions based on Thai child