Using Agent for retirement extension on OA Visa

I am currently here on an OA visa with permission of stay until November. It seems a retirement extension would be the only way to stay longer and I was wondering if anyone has recent experience using a visa agent and if they can alleviate the 800K financial requirement and also maybe the health insurance. Also if anyone can recommend  a reliable agent it would be appreciated.

38 minutes ago, moontang said:

I was quoted 14000 recently in BKK metro..no bank required, didn't ask about health insurance.  

My older friend got a quote from Thai Visa Centre for 25,000 THB for OA.

They said they could only do 14,000 if they had a non-o visa, so I guess OA is harder or something because of the additional requirements.

1 minute ago, patient37 said:

My older friend got a quote from Thai Visa Centre for 25,000 THB for OA.

They said they could only do 14,000 if they had a non-o visa, so I guess OA is harder or something because of the additional requirements.

That must be because they can scam on the bank requirements, but the health insurance requires certificates and entry into a specific database.  Great point.  I have an OA extension coming up in January, and may start doing five months per year in the US...looks like there are very limited options at this point.  OA seemed like the easiest way, 7 years ago, but not looking great now, but at least I wasn't stuck in Laos on a border bounce.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Uhhh... yeah. Try to keep the posts kinda on the legal side... ????????

it's real strange that some folks don't consider that there is anything wrong with these actions, would they be so sure it's totally ethical/legal if it was routinely done in their own country by visitors from other nations? We're instructed not to post regarding illegal acts but visa fraud is okay? TVF is hypocritical exemplified... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

it's real strange that some folks don't consider that there is anything wrong with these actions, would they be so sure it's totally ethical/legal if it was routinely done in their own country by visitors from other nations? We're instructed not to post regarding illegal acts but visa fraud is okay? TVF is hypocritical exemplified... 

Kind of like tax avoidance and tax evasion..one is a responsibility, the other is a crime.  The agents act within the law, but it is a rackett, but not much different than visa attorneys in the US.  Or, pay a fee and skip the TSA lines....

Edited by moontang
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I thought this way when i first arrived in Thailand.

But this kind of stuff is openly advertised physically all over the country, and of course online.

Every country is different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

pure semantics using the example. Not sure about the US but in Canada if you bribe an immigration official both you and the officer will both be jailed, whether you're an attorney or not (plus the person who paid for the whole action to take place of course) 

Luckily Thailand is not the US or Canada, far from it ????????.

Over here you are expected to pay to play it would seem, and it's a different system.

Driving without a license, no problem just pay XXX THB and go on your merry way.

Edited by patient37
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, patient37 said:

I thought this way when i first arrived in Thailand.

But this kind of stuff is openly advertised physically all over the country, and of course online.

Every country is different.

so, in your country this is accepted? You can pay (through an intermediary) a bribe to immigration to remain in your country as long as your want (or your money lasts)? I understand why you left then because I would not want to live there..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Uhhh... yeah. Try to keep the posts kinda on the legal side... ????????

It's amazing how people are getting their visa illegally and not getting blacklisted from entering Thailand.

Big Jok did a good job last time on stamping out corruption but alas, he's no more there.

Edited by warcy

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

so, in your country this is accepted? You can pay (through an intermediary) a bribe to immigration to remain in your country as long as your want (or your money lasts)? I understand why you left then because I would not want to live there..

I came from the US, unfortunatly I cannot pay to get out of situations unless the price is VERY HIGH. It would involve getting a high priced lawyer to abuse loopholes, or just find a way to get the case dropped.

As for immigration, you know the situation in the states. They are as racist as can be.

Edited by patient37
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, patient37 said:

Luckily Thailand is not the US or Canada, far from it ????????

I've lived here over 18 years now so fortunately I know that fact, What gets me is the gall of some who believe they truly deserve to be given considerations that others will never get (because they work within the law). Criminal actions are always justified by the criminals, it's just a shame that Thailand has to bear the brunt of these people and their actions.. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Do you know how Thai Visa started --way back when we all used to use it in BKK?? .......the clue might be in the name.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

I've lived here over 18 years now so fortunately I know that fact, What gets me is the gall of some who believe they truly deserve to be given considerations that others will never get (because they work within the law). Criminal actions are always justified by the criminals, it's just a shame that Thailand has to bear the brunt of these people and their actions.. 

From what I understand they have operated this way from the beginning.

People in my situation just don't want to pay 500,000 THB up front to stay in Thailand, when there are cheaper options available we will use them. Of course those who have a wife, children, or are eligible for retirement would want people in my situation to leave because they have a easy option to stay.

I'm sure you fit one of those categories, and if you were in my shoes you would be grateful for the additional options.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, warcy said:

It's amazing how people are getting their visa illegally and not getting blacklisted from entering Thailand.

Big Jok did a good job last time on stamping out corruption but alas, he's no more there.

imo it's just a matter of time, no country likes to be embarrassed this way and on this site that wound is rubbed with salt on a continuous basis. There's going to be a lot more time to examine this issue with covid decimating incoming tourism...

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Many people use agents for this purpose. Where are you located?

You would need to think carefully, heard a wimper that as soon as this government has cleared out all the amnesty tourists on 26th they are intending to take a trawl through all recently approved visas double checking bank accounts etc and calling in anyone whose paperwork dos'nt add up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Longchop said:

You would need to think carefully, heard a wimper that as soon as this government has cleared out all the amnesty tourists on 26th they are intending to take a trawl through all recently approved visas double checking bank accounts etc and calling in anyone whose paperwork dos'nt add up.

They all add up.. 

14 minutes ago, Olmate said:

They all add up.. 

Please explain, how will your bank account now pass scrutiny if you have paid an agent to bypass the nessessary funds requirement ? Government has your account details already and can check any account they want

28 minutes ago, Longchop said:

heard a wimper that as soon as this government has cleared out all the amnesty tourists on 26th they are intending to take a trawl through all recently approved visas double checking bank accounts etc and calling in anyone whose paperwork dos'nt add up.

Because... the immigration staff have nothing better to do now?

1 hour ago, moontang said:

I was quoted 14000 recently in BKK metro..no bank required, didn't ask about health insurance.  

I was quoted the same and seems like a good deal- until they tell you they can only do it up country 100's of miles away from where you are registered as living. er If 'legal' why don't they use your valid immigration office? Were you quoted that for CW? If you start off doing it from a province you do not live in you will be stuck with doing it with the agent for good.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, patient37 said:

From what I understand they have operated this way from the beginning.

Who is the "they" in your post above?

PS; As you only joined an hour ago I assume you ,must be a long time hermit who has suddenly decided to out themselves!

Edited by fangless

2 minutes ago, Longchop said:

Please explain, how will your bank account now pass scrutiny if you have paid an agent to bypass the nessessary funds requirement ? Government has your account details already and can check any account they want

The bank seasoning req. is waived by IO

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I was quoted the same and seems like a good deal- until they tell you they can only do it up country 100's of miles away from where you are registered as living. er If 'legal' why don't they use your valid immigration office? Were you quoted that for CW? If you start off doing it from a province you do not live in you will be stuck with doing it with the agent for good.

I assume its related to price (maybe in CW its not logical), from what I understood if you use an agent to support you for retirement you are stuck using agents until you re-entry, and support yourself on your own application.

This means you can use any agent you wish, and you would not be stuck with a single agent.

4 minutes ago, fangless said:

What sort of visa/extension, other than "Elite" are you suggesting costs 500,00?

I am speaking about elite, 500,000 THB for 5 years.

While I could afford this I would much rather keep 450,000 THB invested, and pay less than 50k to sort out my visa.

When i start to see people having trouble with agents I may decide to go down the Elite Visa path, but as it stands I don't see that happening.