Biden leads Trump by 12 points nationally among likely voters - Reuters/Ipsos poll

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, Morch said:

That you, personally, do not view Russia as a direct threat to the USA is cute, but at odds with the views of several agencies and bodies tasked with assessing such things. It's not a choice between Russia or China, both are considered threats.

It's all we have here on this forum is personal views.  Its cute that you say cute

Edited by JIMHILL
spelling
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, xylophone said:

You are so right-on with that post, and that's the reason I have pressed the ignore button on the majority of the trumpies on here.

There is no discussion, there is no rationality there is no acceptance of reality or truth, and even when they are presented with the evidence, including words spoken by trump, they flatly deny it.

I've had the same with his supporters here, where one particular US guy refuted the fact that trump lies!! And said that the fact he had been ordered to repay $2 million to charities for misusing charitable funds for his own political gain, was nonsense. 

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation      

This same guy reckons that racism does not exist in the US.....and so on. 

I'm not saying that I am a Biden supporter in particular, but with his running mate Kamala Harris, they would have to present as a far better option to the rubbish already there.

Procedural errors in the Running of a charity. Ordered to pay a fine. Its an interesting case. But not a big deal at all. Why are you posting this old news? Again something about how a painting was handled? Big deal. No one has said that racism does not exist in the USA - the argument is that there is no systemic racism in police forces Gov etc that controls how America runs. There are problems that can be solved. There always are. There are haters who have no skin in America who are professionals at hating America and posting everything they can do do so. I am not a Trumpy I am a conservative in the same vain as all Paleo Conservatives in the USA . I vote on policy - something which strangely is never spoken of here. Because there is policy that non-Americans want. I just wish they would be honest and say what it is they want.

58 minutes ago, Morch said:

OK, It might mean I've got some issues, but my first reading was "erect". Thought it was pretty bold of you there. Also, I like a cheeseburger every now and then. 

Sure cheeseburgers are great but what's the point of being a "billionaire" if you don't develop your tastes. The man orders his steaks very well done and eats with ketchup. He visits Tokyo and instead of having some of the best Japanese food in the world he has you guessed it a cheeseburger. 

10 minutes ago, JIMHILL said:

Who believes the media anyways, sponsored by the Democrats and supporters.

President Trump has been subject to disparaging remarks and unfounded allegations throughout his term to the point of impeachment and has still done his job.

There is no rationale to the hateful remarks I see on this forum, more likely sheepish indoctrination and or sponsorship.

Would this hold for Fox? OAN? RT? INFOWARS, maybe?

If nobody believes the media, why do Trump supporters get so riled up about stories covering Trump in an unflattering manner? If it's of no consequence why claim such could hurt the President's reelection bid?

President Trump has been the source of disparaging remarks and unfounded allegations since before he won the elections and became the POTUS. Birther, just in case you "forgot". Somehow, you manage to see him as a victim, disregarding Trump's own actions, style and words.

There is a strong rationale to the animosity generated by Trump. It's been discussed, in length and in depth on many a topic here. Pretending otherwise is, again, dishonest.

17 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

I believe that all of this talk is nothing more the Democrats claiming in advance that it is impossible for them to lose. So much so that they are already planning to take it to the streets if they do not win, so much so that Hillary Clinton has advised on no basis whatsoever that Biden should not concede under "ANY CIRCUMSTANCE" on election night.

Same style as trump, accuse the opposition of exactly what you're doing for deflection propaganda purposes.

Clinton would be talking to trump's attempts to undermine processing of mail in votes, therefore if a narrow margin on the day, do not concede until the count has been finalised.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton/hillary-clinton-says-joe-biden-should-not-concede-on-election-night-idUSKBN25L2FJ

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JIMHILL said:

YouTube is entertainment and should be treated as such

Doesn't prevent the President from linking YouTube clips as support for his views. Same goes for Trump supporters on here. Don't recall much issues with that from Trump supporters.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Sure cheeseburgers are great but what's the point of being a "billionaire" if you don't develop your tastes. The man orders his steaks very well done and eats with ketchup. He visits Tokyo and instead of having some of the best Japanese food in the world he has you guessed it a cheeseburger. 

I don't know why but Thai's do love their KFC.

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its OK, you are pretty much safe in here , mainly just anti Trumpers all agreeing with each other and slapping each other on the back and agreeing with how correct they all are , and not much disagreement (due to lack of will power)

Whereas Trump supporters are not operating in an echo chamber, not self congratulating themselves and each other on each and every topic deemed a "win". Or is it that you wish to claim there's much room for dissent among Trump's fans? Just another nothing post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damual Travesty said:

Procedural errors in the Running of a charity. Ordered to pay a fine. Its an interesting case. But not a big deal at all. Why are you posting this old news?

Again, you distort/ignore the truth. The 45 organization is now banned from ever running a charity again because of their abuse. No one gets a lifetime ban for "procedural errors." Those would be alternative facts.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JIMHILL said:

It's all we have here on this forum is personal views.  Its cute that you say cute

That's not true. Many of us can support things posted with solid sources, facts and reason. Having opinions is alright, presenting them as fact, not so much. All the more so when they are counterfactual.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J Town said:

Again, you distort/ignore the truth. The 45 organization is now banned from ever running a charity again because of their abuse. No one gets a lifetime ban for "procedural errors." Those would be alternative facts.

Did someone go to jail sir? Was there an arrest made? No? Those are not alternative facts. Let's wait for election day shall we?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Morch said:

That's not true. Many of us can support things posted with solid sources, facts and reason. Having opinions is alright, presenting them as fact, not so much. All the more so when they are counterfactual.

The majority was what is posted here as source material is no more then opinion pieces . 99 percent of which seem to come from Reuters. Why that it I am not sure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, xylophone said:

You are so right-on with that post, and that's the reason I have pressed the ignore button on the majority of the trumpies on here.

I just now added another 45 supporter to my ignore list. There is no getting through to them. It's like a bee trying to explain to a fly why pollen is better than poo, and the fly just doesn't get it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

Procedural errors in the Running of a charity. Ordered to pay a fine. Its an interesting case. But not a big deal at all. Why are you posting this old news? Again something about how a painting was handled? Big deal. No one has said that racism does not exist in the USA - the argument is that there is no systemic racism in police forces Gov etc that controls how America runs. There are problems that can be solved. There always are. There are haters who have no skin in America who are professionals at hating America and posting everything they can do do so. I am not a Trumpy I am a conservative in the same vain as all Paleo Conservatives in the USA . I vote on policy - something which strangely is never spoken of here. Because there is policy that non-Americans want. I just wish they would be honest and say what it is they want.

Your disdain, musings, and objections to non-Americans expressing their views USA politics is irrelevant, and like it or not, acceptable on this forum (and seriously...pretty much everywhere else).

Your are "not a Trumpy", but apparently having difficulties finding any fault with the guy. Almost all of the criticism offered on his character, policies and actions is rejected. I'll take that statement with a pinch of salt.

Policy is often debated on this forum and topics. To say that it is "never spoken of here" is a lie, all the more so as you participated in many such discussions and exchanges. That you might not acknowledge other posters' views as legitimate or accept facts presented doesn't make your claim true.

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

Whereas Trump supporters are not operating in an echo chamber, not self congratulating themselves and each other on each and every topic deemed a "win". Or is it that you wish to claim there's much room for dissent among Trump's fans? Just another nothing post.

I would argue that most of whom you deem as Trump fans simply view themselves as conservatives who happen to support the same policy initiatives as Donald Trump. That is why we support him. Policy is something which seems to be seldom under discussion here but that it what this is really all about. It really is not about personality, as much as you may want to make it so. It's about America foreign and Domestic policy and where we want them to go. That is what this is about for both sides. Nothing else, and I do mean nothing else.  Despite all the posturing and all the hatred. It is far easier to have a bogey man then to explain policy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Your disdain, musings, and objections to non-Americans expressing their views USA politics is irrelevant, and like it or not, acceptable on this forum (and seriously...pretty much everywhere else).

Exactly why I elevated this member to the phantom zone of ignore. If there was any chance of achieving truth by logic, this wouldn't be necessary. Just can't be bothered to waste any more time on that one.

_n.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not a billionaire, so no idea as to the appropriate protocol. That said, landing in Bangkok first time, many rainy seasons ago, we proceeded to raid all the fast/junk food joints on the premises. Granted, this was after a long stay in India, but maybe still stones and glass houses. Then again...

I ate like Warren Buffett for a week — and it was miserable

https://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-diet-2017-10

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, J Town said:

I just now added another 45 supporter to my ignore list. There is no getting through to them. It's like a bee trying to explain to a fly why pollen is better than poo, and the fly just doesn't get it.

Excellent and I am going to do the same with a recent trumpie who doesn't seem to posses much if anything in the way of intelligence or a balanced viewpoint.......just a waste of time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J Town said:

Exactly why I elevated this member to the phantom zone of ignore. If there was any chance of achieving truth by logic, this wouldn't be necessary. Just can't be bothered to waste any more time on that one.

_n.jpg

So please do tell us void of all ramblings against Donald J Trump what is it you believe in? What policy directives of the USA do you advocate domestic or foreign policy? Where do you stand. Void of all ramblings against someone if you can Mr Aurelius.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

The majority was what is posted here as source material is no more then opinion pieces . 99 percent of which seem to come from Reuters. Why that it I am not sure.

Again with them over the top exaggerations. Again making counterfactual comments. Again disparaging an acceptable source on here (and most everywhere else). See my point about there being little chance of rational, fact-based discussion on Nov 4th?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

I think it's Cute the way non Americans take an active interest in the US. 

I just had this discussion with a good British friend of mine. He gets it - not his country, not his opinion. I'm the same way. I ask my foreign friends about their respective countries to engage polite conversation, but I have no iron in that fire, I have no opinion.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

I am not a Trumpy I am a conservative in the same vain as all Paleo Conservatives in the USA

Are you saying trump doesn't base his policies, to a large extent, on Paleo Conservatism?

8 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

I would argue that most of whom you deem as Trump fans simply view themselves as conservatives who happen to support the same policy initiatives as Donald Trump. That is why we support him. Policy is something which seems to be seldom under discussion here but that it what this is really all about. It really is not about personality, as much as you may want to make it so. It's about America foreign and Domestic policy and where we want them to go. That is what this is about for both sides. Nothing else, and I do mean nothing else.  Despite all the posturing and all the hatred. It is far easier to have a bogey man then to explain policy.

You could argue whatever you like. Doesn't make it true. Even those currently or previously identifying as "conservative", "independent", "swing voter" or "former Democrats" tend to engage in a manner suggesting that these take the backseat when it comes to Trump (or maybe, giving an inch to the opposition).

There are numerous posters engaged in almost nothing but Trump adulation posts, trolling and baiting the posters who oppose him, and making countless spurious claims and denials on multiple topics. That you will deny, ignore or see it otherwise is again, irrelevant.

Bogus claims about policies not being discussed was already addressed. It is not true. I have personally engaged with you regarding USA policy on more than one occasion. So have others. That there's a lot of personal commentary regarding Trump's character comes with territory of being both Trump and POTUS. That you think this is irrelevant or that it does not effect USA policies is bizarre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Are you saying trump doesn't base his policies, to a large extent, on Paleo Conservatism?

Let me explain again clearly for you, I am a paleo conservative. Donald Trump seems - by the policy that he has accomplished - to be a conservative - more so a paleo conservative - then the previous incarnation of neo-conservatives that plagued the last conservative administration, and played a major role in the Amerian policy consensus that then existed between the two parties often resulting in the accusation that both parties are nothing more then a two headed coin which functions basically the same. With Donald Trump that consensus has ended.  I hope this is understandable to you. See Patrick J Buchanan as another example of paleo-conservatism. We tend to advocate a non-interventionist foreign policy, reigned in domestic spending, low taxes, anti-Abortion, strong immigration law, bi-lateral vs multilateral trade agreements, etc etc. When Trump is gone I will still hold these views. I am against wars like Iraq Afghanistan, Libya, further incursion into the Syrian mess, I don't believe NATO any longer serves a good purpose as I believe our interests have diverged with Europe, I strongly believe in confronting China where they have been aggressive, a strong military for the purpose of keeping the peace. And I advocate the removal of all American forces from Europe. I would look to strengthen ties with Asian nations that seek to oppose China. I think the USA should work with the UK and Australia on mutual programs that strengthen our Navy's in a matter that would save money such as building the same type ships etc regardless of who creates the design. I believe in a massive buildup of the American and Australian Navy, and Japanese Navies. I could go on but will stop there. Long after Donald Trump my beliefs remain.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

You could argue whatever you like. Doesn't make it true. Even those currently or previously identifying as "conservative", "independent", "swing voter" or "former Democrats" tend to engage in a manner suggesting that these take the backseat when it comes to Trump (or maybe, giving an inch to the opposition).

There are numerous posters engaged in almost nothing but Trump adulation posts, trolling and baiting the posters who oppose him, and making countless spurious claims and denials on multiple topics. That you will deny, ignore or see it otherwise is again, irrelevant.

Bogus claims about policies not being discussed was already addressed. It is not true. I have personally engaged with you regarding USA policy on more than one occasion. So have others. That there's a lot of personal commentary regarding Trump's character comes with territory of being both Trump and POTUS. That you think this is irrelevant or that it does not effect USA policies is bizarre.

Such is your opinion - that's how it works

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I think it's Cute the way non Americans take an active interest in the US. 

You think it's Cute that non-Americans take an active interest in the USA?

Cute is not the word that I would use..

Anyone who is aware of the current state of American politics would consider it mandatory to take a keen interest in American politics. America has not been so polarized since the Civil War. If we were talking about Liechtenstein your bemusement would be understandable...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

Never spoken here, all news items devolve into a Trump is bad childish mini rant by all who post, and the good or bad of individual policy initiatives of the USA are no spoken of. The only terms are Trump bad - insult Trump - repeat - over and over again.  Conservatives we know who we are and what we are about. And we know what the left is about. The left does not like to say what they are about. You can read it in on their websites, you can see it in their policy actions, but they don't really like to explain themselves in a way that is rational and without emotional outbursts. You are more then welcome to explain what US policy positions foreign and domestic you support.

Never spoken here is not the truth. There are many examples of this, that the usual fare is less thought out commentary is neither unique nor implies there's nothing else. You're simply twisting facts to support an over the top statement.

News items often result in such commentary regarding Trump. That's so. Now point your partisan attention to topics dealing with Biden, Harris, Clinton or any figure considered Trump's rival or opposition - do these get a different treatment? Further, cast your biased attention on Trump himself - does he act differently? Does he not derail many interactions (online and otherwise) into a exactly what you complain about?

You are more than welcome to stop pretending policy was not discussed, in length and in depth on these topics. You're also welcome to drop the nonsense view truth and decency are only Conservative things. And seriously - you support Trump and got issues with "emotional outbursts"? 

• Like 1