Biden leads Trump by 12 points nationally among likely voters - Reuters/Ipsos poll

snoop1130

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why is he not currently doing that ?

Why is he often seen unmasked ?

He does encourage people to wear masks and keep social distancing. It's mentioned often enough in his comments. As for "often seen unmasked", I doubt that's based on anything much - many of the public addresses he gives are done in front of limited crowds/reporters, and keeping in line with social distancing. Any way you wish to spin or make up things, it's nowhere near Trump's conduct on this front.

11 hours ago, ShindenGo said:

Which is why we need to change the system when we get power to make it more equal for everyone else:

1. Remove minority filibuster

2. Add additional seats to the Supreme Court

3. National mail-in ballots that can be submitted a week before and a few weeks after the election

4. Commit to ALL VOTES being counted no matter what

5. Eliminate the electoral college and implement a national vote to chose the president. 
6. End presidential term limits. We can’t keep going back into the past

this is how to save America. This how to end racism in America. This is how to end systemic and institutionalized racism in America. This is how we join the global alliance. 

ShindenGo is clearly a troll, I am surprised more people haven't figured it out yet. Some of his posts on this thread, although ironic, are pure comedy gold. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Masterton said:

ShindenGo is clearly a troll, I am surprised more people haven't figured it out yet. Some of his posts on this thread, although ironic, are pure comedy gold. 

Actually, name-calling without providing any rationale to back it up is trolling. 

Edited by forehandplus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, forehandplus said:

Actually, name-calling without providing any rationale to back it up is trolling. 

No, not really. And I am not the only one to have figured it out, but if you think those are really his/her views then please carry on ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damual Travesty said:

The Navy needs more ships, the Australians need more ships, the British need more ships, the Japanese need more ships, The Kiwi need more ships (unless the decide to claim some sort of Neutrality, or more likely a vassal state. Vietnam needs more ships. And everyone needs to start building them yesterday!

Cracking idea! An arms race - they always end well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Masterton said:

Shindengo said:

"1. Remove minority filibuster

2. Add additional seats to the Supreme Court

3. National mail-in ballots that can be submitted a week before and a few weeks after the election

4. Commit to ALL VOTES being counted no matter what

5. Eliminate the electoral college and implement a national vote to chose the president. 
6. End presidential term limits. We can’t keep going back into the past"

Points 1 to 5 seem eminently sensible, point 6 is certainly one that could be debated. 

Why is it trolling?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, not by much then. Hillary was ahead before the election too. It's a long time till the election in political terms. Still anyone's guess IMO.

In the last election I was kind of happy to see Trump get the Rep nomination. I would say "Hillary is so hated, that anyone except Trump would win against her". Well, I was half right. This time around the hate factor is running in reverse. There really isn't a "Never Biden" group as such. No more "lock him/her up" chants. The pollsters, have looked at where they went wrong last time in their sampling and have tried to fix it. Have they? Only time will tell.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

In the last election I was kind of happy to see Trump get the Rep nomination. I would say "Hillary is so hated, that anyone except Trump would win against her". Well, I was half right. This time around the hate factor is running in reverse. There really isn't a "Never Biden" group as such. No more "lock him/her up" chants. The pollsters, have looked at where they went wrong last time in their sampling and have tried to fix it. Have they? Only time will tell.

The problem this election is Biden is the great "meh." He is Republican lite. Bernie is pushing him hard to support universal health care like all the cool countries do. Biden will resist because he's just another old white guy 1 percenter in Big Pharma's pocket. This will not excite the independents who are needed in any election, being the largest voting group. You are absolutely correct in that it is the hatred for 45 that is driving this election.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, not by much then. Hillary was ahead before the election too. It's a long time till the election in political terms. Still anyone's guess IMO.

Hillary was ahead also after the election.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, J Town said:

The problem this election is Biden is the great "meh." He is Republican lite. Bernie is pushing him hard to support universal health care like all the cool countries do. Biden will resist because he's just another old white guy 1 percenter in Big Pharma's pocket. This will not excite the independents who are needed in any election, being the largest voting group. You are absolutely correct in that it is the hatred for 45 that is driving this election.

I agree Biden is not exciting. But almost anyone else that was running would have been beaten over the head with the fear factor stick of "extremist, leftest". It is being used on Biden, but he is so middle of the road, its hard to get it to stick.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Maktian D said:

Not sure how many folks here are american .  but  as a american I know  a win for Biden is a win for China .  Trump is the first president who removed nafta,   put tariffs on china . make nato member pays there fair share . and the list keeps going on.   He is the only savior of whatever littls is left of america ( with all these flag burning.  america heating culture that is going on )  . 

Trumps idea?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/08/08/trumps-false-claim-that-clinton-only-recently-pledged-to-renegotiate-nafta/

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:
17 minutes ago, Maktian D said:

Not sure how many folks here are american .  but  as a american I know  a win for Biden is a win for China .  Trump is the first president who removed nafta,   put tariffs on china . make nato member pays there fair share . and the list keeps going on.   He is the only savior of whatever littls is left of america ( with all these flag burning.  america heating culture that is going on )  . 

Removed nafta then what.

Tarrifs on china that US pays.

Nato members were paying and upholding their agreements. that money doesnt go to the US and has no impact on US.

How is US winning the trade war with china?

Some people just like koolaid.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Morch said:

I don't know how much you've seen, but how's Biden an "obvious puppet"? And while at it, who pulls his strings? What you "guess" about Biden being "promptly replaced" is based on nothing but your imagination and Trump campaign talking points.

I agree with this....I would love for him to present his evidence that Biden is such an "obvious puppet" other than hearing the fountain of truth himself Dear President or some actual, genuine obvious puppets, Fox News Opinion, bellow it out in one of their typical rants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, forehandplus said:

Doubt it's on regardless of rationale. That said, I agree with the post bellow:

7 hours ago, Masterton said:

No, not really. And I am not the only one to have figured it out, but if you think those are really his/her views then please carry on ????

Granted, not the best example used, the good stuff is a bit further back and about. Here's the lowdown:

China is the beacon to follow, Biden is an energetic savior who will heal all America's wounds, stop war races caused by Trump, and as a bonus, that he instills fear in Putin's heart. Blacks voting for Trump are "race traitors". They would do better supporting Biden because then they will be set free from their 400 years long enslavement. As a side dish, the LatinX brothers and sisters will be "uplifted" and then "finally be fully fledged American citizens". That woman accusing Biden of sexual offenses? Well, why was she wearing sexy clothing in the winter? Face it. All these riots, protests and looting are caused by Trump. It will not end if he wins. We can only secure a lasting peace free from racial strife and divisions if we only elect Joe Biden. 

Pulling troops from Iraq is a "horrible decision", and no veterans will support Trump - this could be because he insulted John Bolton (yeah, I know). Obama got his Nobel Prize rightfully, because of noble deeds such as freeing Libya from Gaddafi, and Syria from Assad. Assad by the way, threatened his own citizens with chemical attacks during Trump's term (nevermind the timeline).

As to whether it's trolling or genuine, I'd go with the first. The rationale being that of presenting a warped image of Biden's support. What gives it away, IMO, is the Latinx bit. As said earlier, the quote from Tropical Thunder seems apt - "Never go full retard". On the off chance I'm off, then it's even more sad.

• Haha 2