Biden leads Trump by 12 points nationally among likely voters - Reuters/Ipsos poll

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Damual Travesty said:

My original point, again, I don't put much credence in polls - one way or the other - at best they are a snapshot of a moment in time - prone to rapidly change - at worst - they are no longer accurate at all due to public simply not telling the truth when questioned. Something which is not easily measured. I will wait until after the election to find out who wins.

You propose an hypothesis without anything to support it. How do you know that there may be a significant number if people lying? If yes, how do you know they are not more or less equally distributed.

Polls are just as accurate (or inaccurate) as before.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-polls-are-all-right/

Polls are just measuring attitudes at a given time. Attitudes do affect future behavior, but only to a certain extent. The current polls (they all show the same trend) just indicate that Biden is more likely to win. "More likely" (Biden), is better than "unlikely" (Trump), but Trump still has a small chance to win.

My personal opinion is that attitudes are not going to change significantly, because both candidates are well-known by the voters. There will be no "new guy" or "let's try something different" effect.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candide said:

You propose an hypothesis without anything to support it. How do you know that there may be a significant number if people lying? If yes, how do you know they are not more or less equally distributed.

Polls are just as accurate (or inaccurate) as before.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-polls-are-all-right/

Polls are just measuring attitudes at a given time. Attitudes do affect future behavior, but only to a certain extent. The current polls (they all show the same trend) just indicate that Biden is more likely to win. "More likely" (Biden), is better than "unlikely" (Trump), but Trump still has a small chance to win.

My personal opinion is that attitudes are not going to change significantly, because both candidates are well-known by the voters. There will be no "new guy" or "let's try something different" effect.

Clinton got more votes in the last election and Trump still won .

Having the majority of voters doesnt necessarily mean a election victory

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

What measures would Biden take to eradicate the virus from the USA ?

Allocate the billions and billions it will now take to conduct testing on a national basis. Use the defense act to commandeer industries to produce necessary PPE gear. In other words treat Covid like it's a virus that doesn't respect state borders and like the national threat that it is.

Edited by forehandplus

4 minutes ago, forehandplus said:

But there is a difference in probability of outcome if there's a margin of 8 percent vs 2 percent

Take into consideration that more Democrats  were asked than Republicans were .

Dems seem to be more vociferous , Republican  may not have bothered answering the poll

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Dems seem to be more vociferous , Republican  may not have bothered answering the poll

Take into consideration that there are more registered Democrats in the USA than Republicans. 

https://ballot-access.org/2016/11/22/for-first-time-since-1991-if-not-first-time-ever-registered-republicans-are-outnumbered-by-independents-and-minor-parties/

Polling isn't a game where you set it up to give each side the same odds to win. It's about using statistical methods to sample an actual population.

10 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

All polls are showing the same trend, not only this one. And as noticed by another poster, there are more registered Democrats than Republicans, so it reflects the composition of the population.

The rest is just unbacked assumptions that people may be lying or may not be motivated to answer, etc....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Damual Travesty said:

What I write is not excrement. You should be banned for saying that. No one dictates my opinions to me either. I do not have Fox news on any of my channel unfortunately.  Again you should be banned for describing another posters words as excrement.

You and I obviously have a difference of opinion sir. The good thing about Thai Visa is that posters are on here are all different and unique....just like snowflakes.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Like the pandemic stats? Among the worst in the world by any metric. 45 didn't create the virus but he's responsible for leading the response. Tragic failure. If he had taken it seriously he would be a shoo in for reelection as well.

Some people think that is a small price to pay to live in the land of the free ...

So that is not a failure to them .. its just 'a bad day at the office' .... ????

Maybe they think that the people who died failed themselves .. ?  They should have looked after themselves better. Not be obese, not have type 2 diabetes, smoke etc  etc .....  Its a 'persona freedom issue' ... Not something for the government to 'control' ... Hence Mr T handing of C19 is not seen by them as a 'failure'.

I can see that logic ... I am not saying that I agree with it .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I can think of a couple of measures just off the top of my head....

1. encourage everybody at every opportunity to wear a mask while he leads by example and wears his mask whenever he is in public (and not be such a narcissistic snowflake that thinks a mask shows weakness)

2. do what the science dictates instead of power walking around with no mask, mask shaming others while he is constantly having anybody that penetrates his bubble gets tested (such a hypocrite).

3. maybe not downplay (or just flat out lie) by basically saying in early March that the virus will be gone in April, claiming that when temperatures rise, the virus will “miraculously” go away. (By the way, how did that prediction work out for Science Officer Bleach Injector anyhow?)

4. Maybe not call the virus a hoax in late February at a rally for his MAGA Force lemmings when Dear President (as we all now know that Trump ABSOLUTELY knew the virus was serious air borne business thanks to Bob Woodward) because he was afraid his precious stock market would take a hit and tell AMERICAN ADULTS THE TRUTH.

Absolutely positive Joe Biden will do and correct all of those things first day in the office (if not sooner). At the very least, Biden cant screw it up anymore spectacularly than Donald Trump and Mike Pence (Mr Corona Task Force himself) have done since the beginning of 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tie Dye Samurai said:

1. encourage everybody at every opportunity to wear a mask while he leads by example and wears his mask whenever he is in public (and not be such a narcissistic snowflake that thinks a mask shows weakness)

Why is he not currently doing that ?

Why is he often seen unmasked ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

2. do what the science dictates instead of power walking around with no mask, mask shaming others while he is constantly having anybody that penetrates his bubble gets tested (such a hypocrite).

3. maybe not downplay (or just flat out lie) by basically saying in early March that the virus will be gone in April, claiming that when temperatures rise, the virus will “miraculously” go away. (By the way, how did that prediction work out for Science Officer Bleach Injector anyhow?)

4. Maybe not call the virus a hoax in late February at a rally for his MAGA Force lemmings when Dear President (as we all now know that Trump ABSOLUTELY knew the virus was serious air borne business thanks to Bob Woodward) because he was afraid his precious stock market would take a hit and tell AMERICAN ADULTS THE TRUTH.

Absolutely positive Joe Biden will do and correct all of those things first day in the office (if not sooner). At the very least, Biden cant screw it up anymore spectacularly than Donald Trump and Mike Pence (Mr Corona Task Force himself) have done since the beginning of 2020.

LOL, I was asking what Biden SHOULD do in the future, I wasnt asking what Trump Shouldnt have done in the past 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Clinton got more votes in the last election and Trump still won .

Having the majority of voters doesnt necessarily mean a election victory

I do not agree with Corpus very often but I have to agree here....the popular vote means nothing at the end of the day....it is the Electoral college that is what matters...You can lose game 7 of the World Series and score more runs in those 7 games...but guess who is in their clubhouse spraying the bubbly all over the place?

Whether you agree with the system or not (I actually agree with the electoral college but that debate is for another topic) this is the system in place...you need to win the series, not score more runs during the entire series.

20 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

I do not agree with Corpus very often but I have to agree here....the popular vote means nothing at the end of the day....it is the Electoral college that is what matters...You can lose game 7 of the World Series and score more runs in those 7 games...but guess who is in their clubhouse spraying the bubbly all over the place?

Whether you agree with the system or not (I actually agree with the electoral college but that debate is for another topic) this is the system in place...you need to win the series, not score more runs during the entire series.

Wasnt you saying the same thing as what I said ?

In USA elections you need to win areas , rather than individual votes ?

31 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

He'll be too old by 2024.

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Easy. We need to follow successful countries leads such as China. We need a FULL SCALE NATIONAL LOCKDOWN for several months. MANDATORY FACE MASKS, ENFORCED STRICT SOCIAL DISTANCING, and HEAVY PUNISHMENT for violating these rules. This is a deadly virus 10 times deadlier than the flu. This is no time to be fiddling. We need new and fresh leadership with new and bold ideas. Trump is nothing but a racist buffoon. Even North Korea and Iran are doing a better job than US!! And if people complain about “mUh RiGhTs” then send them to federal prison! We need the federal government under Biden’s leadership to save us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ShindenGo said:

Nice try. 

Don’t forget Joe Biden is leading nationally, likely voters, registered voters and the swing states. Even in Texas he’s leading. This election is over. Nothing can save trump. We need to skip the debates to save America

Really ?

https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/texas/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

Which is why we need to change the system when we get power to make it more equal for everyone else:

1. Remove minority filibuster

2. Add additional seats to the Supreme Court

3. National mail-in ballots that can be submitted a week before and a few weeks after the election

4. Commit to ALL VOTES being counted no matter what

5. Eliminate the electoral college and implement a national vote to chose the president. 
6. End presidential term limits. We can’t keep going back into the past

this is how to save America. This how to end racism in America. This is how to end systemic and institutionalized racism in America. This is how we join the global alliance. 

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

LOL, I was asking what Biden SHOULD do in the future, I wasnt asking what Trump Shouldnt have done in the past 

You are just trying to hyde the most relevant issue under the carpet. The damage is done and now there isn't much more to do, apart from leaving the health authorities do their job.

The relevant issue is who will be able to initiate and implement an efficient response to a next crisis (in case one comes up), without incoherent and childish behavior and without continuously bragging the first B.S. that comes to his mind.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Come on! Who voted for Trump? The US, and before going on about the Electoral vote, you can change that btw, as you can change the outdated amendments.

The US dollar is soon going to be worthless, what is it $27,000,000,000,000 ? This is NEVER going away. Trump is, obviously, the better guy to be in charge and try to rescue some in the foreseeable future. 

I've never seen such an obvious puppet as Biden, and guess if elected will be promptly replaced. ASk yourself why this replacement is not running for president. 

I don't know how much you've seen, but how's Biden an "obvious puppet"? And while at it, who pulls his strings? What you "guess" about Biden being "promptly replaced" is based on nothing but your imagination and Trump campaign talking points.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Trump should have told all those people out on the streets congregating  , protesting and rioting to stay at home , that would have stopped the virus from spreading , if only he would have told them , his fault for not telling them to stay at home 

Maybe he should have. Instead, he went on organizing mass rallies of supporters, indoors. Go figure.