UK appoints new ambassador to Thailand

webfact

Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Thailand: September 2020

Mr Mark Gooding OBE has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand.

s300_Mark_Gooding_Photo.jpg

Mr Mark Gooding OBE has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand in succession to Mr Brian Davidson. Mr Gooding will take up his appointment during summer 2021.

CURRICULUM VITAE

Full name: Mark Gooding

Married to: Dr Christopher Patrick McCormick

2018 – 2019 FCO, Director, European Union (Future Partnership), Europe Directorate

2017 – 2018 FCO, Deputy Director (Europe North), Europe Directorate

2014 – 2017 Beijing, Minister Counsellor – Political

2011 – 2013 Phnom Penh, Her Majesty’s Ambassador

2008 – 2011 Colombo, Deputy High Commissioner and non-resident Deputy High Commissioner to Maldives

2006 – 2008 FCO, Private Secretary to the Secretary of State

2004 – 2006 FCO, Team Leader, EU Budget Team, Europe Directorate

2002 – 2004 Shanghai, Consul – Political, Economic and Press/Public Affairs

2000 – 2002 Full-time Language Training (Mandarin)

1999 – 2000 FCO, Desk Officer (Trade and Development), European Union Department (External)

screenshot_11539.jpg

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/change-of-her-majestys-ambassador-to-thailand-september-2020

9 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Mostly because the income letters were stopped being issued. The updates on Covid and repatriation etc have been very good. Most of their work goes unseen hence why all the negative attitudes. Let's wish him luck in his new postition

So, why complain about that? I mean income letter??? What possible need can you have? If the money is there, then just show them. No problem.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I don't use the income method so am not complaining. Some people have money transferred every quarter or 6 monthly, others with monthly transfers that do not show as a foreign exchange...not everyone needing the income letter did it for nevarious reasons.

Then all those people have to realize that they do not decide what is the right way for the possibility to stay in a foreign country and either show a lump sum or transfer every month with a FTT transfer code or equivalent. How hard can it be? Nah, it's much easier to blame you embassy than do the work needed. ???? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That´s great! Then everyone here have a new face to dislike and continue to tell all the fabels how their embassy don´t help them. 

Better than people with no interest or access to the British Embassy wasting time posting fables about what doesn't affect them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Better than people with no interest or access to the British Embassy wasting time posting fables about what doesn't affect them!

It does affect me. It seriously hurt to see all the posts on a yearly basis. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, why complain about that? I mean income letter??? What possible need can you have? If the money is there, then just show them. No problem.

Why not submit your CV as suggested elsewhere so that you can show everyone in wireless road how it's done?

18 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Why not submit your CV as suggested elsewhere so that you can show everyone in wireless road how it's done?

What are you saying. Are there a population of foreigner that can´t show their income on Wireless Road? How can my CV help them?

And please point me in the direction where you say it was mentioned to submit any CV somewhere? The only thing in this thread was a respectful post that told the new ambassador had an impressive CV.

Edited by Matzzon

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

What are you saying. Are there a population of foreigner that can´t show their income on Wireless Road? How can my CV help them?

And please point me in the direction where you say it was mentioned to submit any CV somewhere? The only thing in this thread was a respectful post that told the new ambassador had an impressive CV.

I guess that's a 'No!????

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Let's see if he can do something useful and reinstate the income letters. If he does that he'll get immediate respect, if he doesn't it will be jobs for the boys and all that 

They aren't necessary. A 12 month local bank printout will suffice at a cost of 400 bhat. 

• Like 1