Pattaya: After the busy long weekend the resort is completely deserted again

webfact

4 hours ago, vivananahuahin said:

Yes 3 days work 4 days holiday each week,the big solution for the government,but how long ,6 months,one year.

How about for the rest of there lives.  Lets see, why not let all workers take the first 20 years of there careers off as retirement so they can enjoy it while they can, then they can come back to work and do there job right up until the day they die without anymore days off or holidays.  I would think the Thai people would jump at this scenario.

It’s nice that the people come from Bangkok to Pattaya but they bring a lot of issues with them. They have no respect for the people in Pattaya. Too many da mn cars.....They don’t practice social distance which one day, it will bite the people of Pattaya. I am happy they are not here every weekend.  

It great that Pattaya is quite. I know it hurts the people with jobs but they should be use to it. It’s quite in their Province after 8 pm. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So what is the answer, a 3 day week for all Bangkok workers?

No.

That would cause other sections of the economy to under-perform (state sponsored absenteeism).

Give money to the unemployed (who are "under-consuming") to go to, and spend it in, tourist destinations.

Mechanisms would have to be put in place to make sure that the right people spent it in the right place.

Edited by Enoon

5 hours ago, petermik said:

aah pure bliss....peaceful once more :thumbsup:

I wish I was there to enjoy it.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

However, she said that this rise in numbers was only true for the long weekends. She called on the government to come up with more long holidays to spur growth in the sector. 

Yeah right. The employers would love that.

5 minutes ago, Enoon said:

No.

That would cause other sections of the economy to under-perform (state sponsored absenteeism).

Give money to the unemployed (who are "under-consuming") to go to, and spend it in, tourist destinations.

Mechanisms would have to be put in place to make sure that the right people spent it in the right place.

If that happened expect a lot of people leaving work to have a freebee on the government. Why work when the unemployed get paid holidays?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davidmann said:

same. on the french coast in lock down. nice quite.  ,its not just thailand , its the world that is suffering  and business  everywhere.  ,and lets say WHY.  .due to the Chinese  eating wild animals.  ,how many people in the world. lost loved ones ,how many people out work ,how many business  have or will be lost world wide ,streets and bars are empty everywhere 

The Chinese breed/farm captured "wild" animals for sale. However this virus is said to have leaked out of a research laboratory. 

More garbage again by Pattaya Bashing Thai Visa

How can I sit in traffic today?

How can the restaurant I had lunch in be busy?

Just because Beer Bars are quiet it doesn't mean the town is dead. It just means that Thai's don't go to the bars and most of the long term residents don't go to Walking Street or Crappy Beer Bars at the other end of the scale. 

Between, Crystal Agogo, Queen, Upstairs at Kink, Pin-Up and Windmill were all packed last night. 

But Thai Visa knows best. 

• Like 2

Just now, GAZZPA said:

I wonder if those people who constantly defend Pattaya saying that whilst some part are dead the city is thriving in othe areas are actually reading this. Pattaya was sliding downhill for the 5 or 6 years prior to COVID, I am glad I got the majority of my business and investments out of there. There needs to be a very urgent realisation of how urgent things are and serious action is required, whatever that may be because if this continues it will become like a complete ghost town. Very sad considering how the city used to be.

Indeed. Some didn't realise that because of the horde, but they don't spread the money around in the places Pattaya is famous for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

And so pleasant to live in!

When a town/city or area loses its primary and major source of income, it loses it's ability to maintain itself in the condition "to which it has become accustomed".

You will not find it quite so "pleasant" when it has declined to become the equivalent of a

ruined ex-steel town or coalfield, or of a farming community annihilated during the days of the "Dust Bowl", or, most apposite, a played out gold mining town.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. I tend to agree. Some find the lack of crowds to be pleasant. It sure is a big change. But, the devastation to the economy, and the situation with the locals I have spoken with, is absolutely tragic. What is even more tragic is the cowardice, indifference, indecisiveness and timidity of the leadership here. They barely seem concerned with the well being of the plebs, much less us lowly ex-pats. 

In the 90s Pattaya did just fine with a lot less tourists and hotels etc.

If the same number of the people that arrived after this century started left Pattaya would be a lot better off- it might even be as great again as it was in the 90s. Pattaya became far too crowded to be enjoyable, which, IMO, is why it was becoming unpopular with farang visitors ( which it definitely was ).

I hope a lot of businesses close, so the rest can make a decent living from a reduced tourist presence.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enoon said:

When a town/city or area loses its primary and major source of income, it loses it's ability to maintain itself in the condition "to which it has become accustomed".

You will not find it quite so "delightful" when it has declined to become the equivalent of a

ruined ex-steel town or coalfield, or of a farming community annihilated during the days of the "Dust Bowl", or, most apposite, a played out gold mining town.

A man who understand the basics of economics, unlike so many on here... Shame you are not in charge fella. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Enoon said:

You will not find it quite so "delightful" when it has declined to become the equivalent of a

That's not going to happen. It'll just reposition itself for the Thai weekenders and the horde will likely be back too soon.

Just kiss the farang nite scene goodbye.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Sorry you are living in denial, the town made it's money on thriving tourism, it is not a manufacturing hub, it has no financial district, it has nothing but tourism. How empty do the key areas have to get before you see this? How many Thai business people have to tell you they need urgent help before you realise things are very bad? Some people just won't lift their head out of the sand and take a look around them. if some kind of miraculous plan is put in place by a true leader it will get worse and worse, property price crash is on the cards.

Pattaya can survive very nicely without so many restaurants and shops. If the remaining hotels have to lower prices, so much the better for us, the visitors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pattaya can survive very nicely without so many restaurants and shops. If the remaining hotels have to lower prices, so much the better for us, the visitors.

No it can't, you will see.