Still waiting for uk embassy letter

Emailed on Monday and also again yesterday. I’m aware Monday they was most likely closed due to songkran - but what worries me is they said we will get an automatic response ( I didn’t ) 

anyone else still waiting? Anyone else got the letter ? Anyone been told they can’t have one?

Just now, Jack Hna said:

Depends on the reason for your letter Jack.

So what reasons did you provide and you are aware this extension will likely forefeit your rights to any further traditional in country visa/ extensions.

The reasons that are given are irrelevant - If they are not going to give you a letter they should be replying to tell us so 

Where have you read (officially) that any extension will forfeiet  any rights to a future extension?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevc said:

I emailed and got a response three days later asking for extra docs but nothing else from them in the last two days. Sent another email off today to ask if they recieved everything they need.

I’ve emailed them again now... they are certainly making me sweat over it.... I’d imagine there’s a lot of us waiting on a response...

if they truly are that swamped with emails to work through then I have no idea how this is going to play out with judgement day fast approaching. 

I applied to the UK Embassy at the beginning of September and received my letter the next day. As an aside I took the letter to my local Immigration office (NST) and was told that the letter was fine but not to apply for an extension now as the Thai government WOULD announce further extensions on the 21st/22nd September.
(He did also say that if for any reason they don't I can get my extension on the 23rd.)

• Like 1

Emailed them last Friday and received my letter yesterday on Thursday. 

However submitted all documents today at Saraburi Immigration and was told by IMO that the Embassy cover letter was saying that I had Covid-19 and was unable to fly. 

Total BS from Saraburi Immigration as expected. 

I then requested a 60 day visit family visa and the IMO told me that if I apply today I will lose days as Im allowed to stay until the 26th under the Amnesty. Submitted a print out from the Immigration website stating that all extensions will start on the 27th ( as attached ) however IMO disagreed and told me to return before the 26th. The IMO also asked if I can deposit 800K THB into my Thai bank account? I asked why do I need to do that when its not a requirement for a 60 day family visit? No response. 

Will just use an agent to prevent any more headaches. 

ABE0F031-5518-4982-9F50-02757287E0BB.jpeg

F5C3B995-BEB1-45DD-A800-CF6065446D4F.jpeg

Edited by misterphil

15 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

I imagine somewhere in a universe far far away there may be a place where fellows help each other.

Maybe they are not replying as they know you will not need the letter.

And how would they know that someone won't need the letter? Do you think the UK embassy have info no one else has?? 

Perhaps various ambassadors have reminded the Thai government that there are lot's of Thais in other countries facing the same circumstances. I thought to myself, why is the British embassy making it so difficult to get letters whereas the Americans just have to submit an online form. Then i thought, ah, maybe they're playing a game - keep this up and we'll reciprocate these regulations for Thais in other countries.

• Like 2

In what circumstances would the British Embassy issue this letter? I mean if you have a medical certificate you can just take that straight to immigration without the need of the embassy letter. And as plenty of flights are currently leaving for the UK I can't see any other reason for them issuing a letter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

In what circumstances would the British Embassy issue this letter? I mean if you have a medical certificate you can just take that straight to immigration without the need of the embassy letter. And as plenty of flights are currently leaving for the UK I can't see any other reason for them issuing a letter.

UK is not closed. Almost anybody can fly in. 

The most likely reason that you haven't received an auto reply is that any attachments you added to it are too large, so the server automatically rejects it.

Check your attacments and see if they are smaller than the sizes quoted in their guidance.

7 minutes ago, philba said:

The most likely reason that you haven't received an auto reply is that any attachments you added to it are too large, so the server automatically rejects it.

Check your attacments and see if they are smaller than the sizes quoted in their guidance.

That makes a lot of sense philba, I have since received an automatic response when I resent it and it says to give them 2 working days. Hope to have something back by Tuesday 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

That makes a lot of sense philba, I have since received an automatic response when I resent it and it says to give them 2 working days. Hope to have something back by Tuesday 

If they get it on Monday, 2 working days would take you to Wednesday, but still not too bad.

Just make sure you keep any future emails to under 5MB in total or they'll bounce.

Best of luck

Confused by the wording used on the appointment booking site for Bangkok Immigration.

For anyone who has already extended their current tourist visa (TR.60 stamp) using this embassy letter, did you select the TR.60 extension option or the 'Short-term (Muangthong Thani)' option above it, even though you went to MTT for the extension either way?

18 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

I have since received an automatic response when I resent it and it says to give them 2 working days. Hope to have something back by Tuesday 

As you intend to apply for the Embassy letter supported 'special' 30-day extension of stay, it is recommended to enquire beforehand at your IO, whether such a 'special' extension would allow you afterwards:

1 - to apply for a 'regular' Visa or extension > some IOs (e.g. HatYai, SriRacha) are not willing to handle any subsequent 'regular' applications, because they consider the Embassy letter supported 'special' extension a Waiting Room extension until you are able again to leave for your home-country;

2 - whether the IO, if not willing to handle a subsequent 'regular' application, would be willing to handle your next 'special' extension(s) > some IOs as well as some Embassies have indicated they are only willing to handle such a special extension once. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posts knock Thai Immigration, British Embassy? 

Posts claim to have received support letters from the UK Embassy. If so, it's in complete contradiction to their website. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

"The British Embassy can issue a letter to support applications to extend existing visas for British Nationals who are unable to travel to their country of residence due to border closures or if the FCDO advises against travel to that country. 

UK Border not closed nor an FCDO advisery against travel to the UK. 

Embassy will not be issuing a visa extension letter to British Nationals here on short-term visas who can travel to their country of residence".

WHAT IS FACTUAL? 

I applied on the 8th September and received my Visa Extension letter about an hour ago.

Visa Extension - Name - DOB - Passport Number

The British Embassy in Bangkok thanks the Department of immigration Thailand.

We have been informed that Name arrived in Thailand on date and that their plans is to obtain the correct visa to stay but have been disrupted by the Covid 19 outbreak. The British Embassy would be thankful if Immigration could help this poor chap out. Blah, blah, blah....

I don't want to write it word for word as someone might you know...

Anyways the letter is stamped and dated.

What did I write in the email?

I was just honest. Got until 26th September. Hardly any cash in the bank. Can't afford to fly and return. Family to take care of. Had no income for 4 months due to Covid 19, Just need 1 more month to sort out my family visa. Maybe the anxiety might have influenced my email tales of woe, but these are hard times. A little begging is needed now and again.

So that's a night of relief and tomorrows and next weeks jumping through hoops of fire begin. Gosh how things have changed in Bangkok. I remember the days where you sorted all this <deleted> out in a bar in Patpong. What a fuss and hassle things are these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

I applied on the 8th September and received my Visa Extension letter about an hour ago.

Visa Extension - Name - DOB - Passport Number

The British Embassy in Bangkok thanks the Department of immigration Thailand.

We have been informed that Name arrived in Thailand on date and that their plans is to obtain the correct visa to stay but have been disrupted by the Covid 19 outbreak. The British Embassy would be thankful if Immigration could help this poor chap out. Blah, blah, blah....

I don't want to write it word for word as someone might you know...

Anyways the letter is stamped and dated.

What did I write in the email?

I was just honest. Got until 26th September. Hardly any cash in the bank. Can't afford to fly and return. Family to take care of. Had no income for 4 months due to Covid 19, Just need 1 more month to sort out my family visa. Maybe the anxiety might have influenced my email tales of woe, but these are hard times. A little begging is needed now and again.

So that's a night of relief and tomorrows and next weeks jumping through hoops of fire begin. Gosh how things have changed in Bangkok. I remember the days where you sorted all this <deleted> out in a bar in Patpong. What a fuss and hassle things are these days.

They working on weekends then? I’m surprised.

hi everyone, just share my experience,

i sent email to uk embassy last Friday 11Sep and got the letter on Mon 14Sep,

and i went to office to do my extension yesterday around 3pm without appointment, everything was fine and smooth, and they told me need to go there one more time on 29Sep, that's all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

Do you think they'd give me a letter if I just put something like "I'm scared of catching Covid-19" or should I embellish the story with claims of an anxiety disorder and financial ruin?

did you email them ? I think you can say because of the border or no flight at the moment, sth like that

47 minutes ago, hibyebkk said:

did you email them ? I think you can say because of the border or no flight at the moment, sth like that

No I haven't emailed them but is that what you put? The problem is there are plenty of flights back to the UK so I can't see how they would accept that claim, unless they were just automatically sending a letter to everyone. And have they stopped requesting supporting documents?