Tried 60 day extension for visiting wife at Muang Thani

Short version: arrived and was asked if i have an online booking. Without it couldn't even get into the building and was sent home with a booking for tomorrow.

It all was a bit strange and i feel gonna get there tomorrow and have the wrong booking or something ????

I was under the impression that you can get an appointment online or just go and wait like you normally would. Apparently you have to have a reservation eventhough the building is empty. There were literally maybe 10 people inside at about 2:30pm but i couldn't get pass the door.

Also you have to make a booking for "applying for short term visa" not for extension of tourist visa (was done for me by staff as he said many make a mistake and book wrong). If you do this wrong i was told would get sent home too. You need to go to K building for applying for short term cisa not J where it says Tourist visa extensions. So back there tomorrow with a 8:30 - 12:00 booking time and will update if it went as planned (visa exempt, did one 30 day normal extension and now on amnesty and want to do 60 day for visiting wife/kid).

If you want google maps to lead you to it just put your destination at the red circle and it is super easy coming from central Bangkok via tollway. Easier then CW as you get off tollway and one red light later you're there. Then just go under the tollway bridge and follow the signs. There is J and K building both not far from each other so even if you go to wrong one it is a short walk. Both buildings were empty today afternoon so no wait times. I drove there and was quite easy to find.

Screenshot 2020-09-10 194039.jpg

16 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

So it's not very crowded?  How do you get there using BTS?  

It felt almost deserted. All the outside chairs were empty. Seemed to be more staff then foreigners. This was around 2:30pm.

Not sure about BTS and what is the closest station. I drove there.

Edited by Jackie66

So went this morning and all in maybe 30 min later i was out with 60 day extention starting after the end of the amnesty and valid till November 25. I did not see a copy or photo place to i recommend have all the docs ready. Fill in the form at home or you have to do it outside in the sun.

So for anyone interested. Entered in February visa exempt. In March extended 30 days (normal extension) till April then amnesty began and now extended 60 days for Thai wife/child until November 25.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

So went this morning and all in maybe 30 min later i was out with 60 day extention starting after the end of the amnesty and valid till November 25. I did not see a copy or photo place to i recommend have all the docs ready. Fill in the form at home or you have to do it outside in the sun.

So for anyone interested. Entered in February visa exempt. In March extended 30 days (normal extension) till April then amnesty began and now extended 60 days for Thai wife/child until November 25.

Are you planning to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage (or thai child) end of November?

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Are you planning to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage (or thai child) end of November?

Yeah probably. I would prefer to go back home see family for a few weeks but doubt that will be possible so no choice really.

But i was not asked anything at immigration about my plans if that is why you are asking ????

46 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Yeah probably. I would prefer to go back home see family for a few weeks but doubt that will be possible so no choice really.

But i was not asked anything at immigration about my plans if that is why you are asking ????

Just be aware that when using the 400K funds-in-bank method, you would need to ensure that these funds are on a personal Thai bank-account (a joint one is not accepted by IO) TWO months before the date of application for your 1-year extension of stay for reason of MARRIAGE.

In case that your application is not immediately accepted (e.g. missing documents or additional evidence required) it is wise not to wait till last day < 24 Nov > for applying, and therefore the funds should be transferred approx mid September (to allow for the 2 months seasoning).

Note: In case you want to apply for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of dependent Thai Child there is no 2-month seasoning requirement, and the funds only need to be on your personal thai bank-account at the moment of application.