transfer money to australia

Hi

I need to transfer a very large amount to an Australian bank. I really do not know the best way to do it as I know all bank have hidden chargers .E.G as high as $57 per $1000 . Can anyone advise me of a better way . Do I carry Thai baht on the plane with clearing customs first or try and buy Aus dollars here. I know nothing about this .. 

Thanks all .

If you do decide to take cash, you really should exchange your money here in Thailand. Places like SuperRich, SuperRich 1965 and Vasu will probably give the best rates. The SuperRich head offices in the soi opposite Central World give the best rates normally, but best to check one against the other as rates do vary slightly.

• Like 2

Transferring or taking anything over AUS$10K into Aust has to be declared - and you better have a good explanation of the sourse and intended use.

I have done a bit of online trading payments with people, and in both Thailand and China Western Union seems to be OK and readily accepted.

https://www.westernunion.com/th/en/home.html

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

Transferring or taking anything over AUS$10K into Aust has to be declared - and you better have a good explanation of the sourse and intended use.

I have done a bit of online trading payments with people, and in both Thailand and China Western Union seems to be OK and readily accepted.

https://www.westernunion.com/th/en/home.html

Buying a home in australia 

kevvy.... you are in Chiangrai ?

anyway,  my accounts are with bangkok bank in CM.       I was allowed to wire a large sum to a bank in Canada.    I did not get a clear answer ( i didn't really want to ask)  about how often one can do this.

But i did mine twice,   2 days apart,  and they did not question me.  

there was a question on form what money was for.   i gave vague answer,  school funding or something.

Check with your local bank        wire was sent by "swift"   ,   needing receiving banks swift no.,  and address, and account details of course  

very low fee ,  sent in canadian dollars using the exchange rate at the bank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rumak said:

kevvy.... you are in Chiangrai ?

anyway,  my accounts are with bangkok bank in CM.       I was allowed to wire a large sum to a bank in Canada.    I did not get a clear answer ( i didn't really want to ask)  about how often one can do this.

But i did mine twice,   2 days apart,  and they did not question me.  

there was a question on form what money was for.   i gave vague answer,  school funding or something.

Check with your local bank        wire was sent by "swift"   ,   needing receiving banks swift no.,  and address, and account details of course  

very low fee ,  sent in canadian dollars using the exchange rate at the bank

I will post you today ,thanks

On 9/11/2020 at 1:37 AM, kevvy said:

Buying a home in australia 

Good reason.  But it will be noted and checked - be aware.  Anything over 10K triggers the system - money laundering, drug money, terrorist support, etc etc etc.  They can and they probably will ask. Where and when you buying - and why.  Engage a lawyer and keep their letters or emails.  

5 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Good reason.  But it will be noted and checked - be aware.  Anything over 10K triggers the system - money laundering, drug money, terrorist support, etc etc etc.  They can and they probably will ask. Where and when you buying - and why.  Engage a lawyer and keep their letters or emails.  

I will have evidence of sale of my home.and 10 years is enough in this country . Thank you aus,bob

• Thanks 1

Hello Kevvy

I will be in a similar situation soon I hope (just waiting for the 30 day cooling of period )

Plans are settle & get clearance form from Land Office

Then for wife to transfer a 1/4 of the money to me from her BBK acount 

I will also have a Lawyer to free up 1/2 the money since it will be locked up by Gov. since 1/2 the house is in my sons name

This is just to survive in Auss as the full sum would come nowhere near the cost of a house in auss 

Let us all know how you get on

Thanks 

• Like 1