Amnesty Extension

6 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

So why are you on TVF instead of out their partying? Most can't pay rent and live in dormitories.

Most chill in nice houses and work on other timezones, thus there is time to neither party or work during the day hours in Thailand too.

Screen Shot 2563-09-24 at 14.49.27.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Your first sentence is even more silly than your previous post. I also guess you confuse digital nomads with actual IT guys and programmers. If you are really that ignorant and hard to believe, you can verify the hourly pay on programming and IT jobs yourself.

Yea they live in 5 star hotels and drive red plated MBs or BMWs. Why then do they dress like unkempt slobs and ride rented scooters.

So what's your concern with amnesty ending, because you are on an Elite visa or better anyway.

Edited by checkered flag

7 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Yea they live in 5 star hotels and drive red plated MBs or BMWs. Why then do they dress like unkempt slobs and ride rented scooters.

So what's your concern with amnesty ending, because you are on an Elite visa or better anyway.

If you paid attention on TV you would have read previously I have a yearly visa. Also earning a lot does not mean you have to waste it on expensive and not worth-it visa offers.

That is your typical poor people mindset and thinking here. To think you will waste 500K on a elite visa just because of earning 200K, because that is what you did all of your life, spending all you earned. Guess thats why the pension sucks?

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lovesthespicy said:

A bunch of the guys I know here on amnesty are guys 40 and under who do remote work that go out and spend 10k a night 4 nights a week partying. They all easily could afford this stuff. They also live in really nice condos. Not everyone here on amnesty is a broke backpacker staying in a hostel. 

Thing is all of the guys I know have also just paid to get a visa and arent messing with these 30 day letter extensions despite being available.

That's what I would have done if I were them, especially given they have money so 25K for a one year extension is no issue for them. The thing is even before covid, without a digital nomad visa being available, you either have to sign up to some company that can issue a non-B visa while taking 30% of your earnings or go on a volunteer or edu visa. Perfectly legitimate, although strictly speaking the wrong visa for the purpose of stay. With Thai immigration law being outdated, the best one can hope for at the moment and unlike some neighboring countries, which only have a very small number of visa types, Thailand is a little more advanced in that department, though not quite enough for the demands and realities of 2020. 

Edited by TheFreqFlyer

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Most chill in nice houses and work on other timezones, thus there is time to neither party or work during the day hours in Thailand too.

Screen Shot 2563-09-24 at 14.49.27.png

That's not high income in the US. It's more like entry level and it's pre-tax. Mid income it $150,000 and high income is $300,000 up. 

After all my SS retirement from the US gives me about $36,000/year plus I get a good retirement on top, plus investments. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So, thats 40 000 Baht a week on going out , 160 000 Baht per month , Condo 40 000 a month .

200 000 Baht per month on that alone .

They would need to be earning 250 000 Baht per month .

What work do they do ?

Online marketing is like any and all other businesses.  95% of them fail.  But the 5% that have figured it out do really REALLY well.

But a marketer who specializes in local businesses will make about $10,000 usd a month with just 5 clients.  This is also about the level that most will stay at.

Then, of course, you have ecommerce, which is the market to be in right now...the blue ocean opportunity, especially after this pandemic.
MANY of these marketers actually have 7 figures revenue, BUT their margins are slim, so take home is not nearly that and will probably be just under $10k take home as well.

That's just 2 simple examples out of 100's where you can make a comfortable living online as a 1-2 person business/freelancer.

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If you paid attention on TV you would have read previously I have a yearly visa. Also earning a lot does not mean you have to waste it on expensive and not worth-it visa offers.

That is your typical poor people mindset and thinking here. To think you will waste 500K on a elite visa just because of earning 200K, because that is what you did all of your life, spending all you earned. Guess thats why the pension sucks?

Yea, probably a Non O marriage requiring 40K/month income, but dreaming of more and enjoying putting others who have been successful down. My seem like a real gem.

3 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

That's not high income in the US. It's more like entry level and it's pre-tax. Mid income it $150,000 and high income is $300,000 up. 

After all my SS retirement from the US gives me about $36,000/year plus I get a good retirement on top, plus investments. 

If you look on the graph , there are very few jobs paying $ 166 000 per year and it also lists the average salary 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So, thats 40 000 Baht a week on going out , 160 000 Baht per month , Condo 40 000 a month .

200 000 Baht per month on that alone .

They would need to be earning 250 000 Baht per month .

What work do they do ?

I've got buddies doing all kinds of different things. Programmers, traders, professional gamblers, website developers, I've got a good buddy who works for microsoft as a video game developer who was on vacation when <deleted> hit the fan and is now on strict work from home orders still to this day waiting for his office to open to head back home. Many different ways to make good money nowadays without a standard 9-5 remotely. I'm sure some guys are dipping into savings as well. 

I don't know why so many think every person on amnesty is broke and putting little money into the economy. Guys I know are dropping way more money then the average Thai is. When I heard what the government projected the average amnesty tourist to be spending I laughed because their surely not including the people who will drop 60k on a visa on top of a nice place  going out often buying expensive bottles at the club and taking girls out to expensive meals for two.  For the record not every single person I know is going out 4 nights a week some are just twice or whatever but guys I know are spending money. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Most guys I know are renting Airbnbs and getting absurd deals on prime condos right now like 50% off due to nobody being here.  Nobody is staying in hotels that knows whats up. I'm not sure where you see all these slobs from unless you're talking about soi 4? If you hang out in Thong Lor foreigners dress well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Sorry I got mixed up. I thought you were saying $200,000/yr USD. While 200K baht/month is starting income in the US. 

4 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

Most guys I know are renting Airbnbs and getting absurd deals on prime condos right now like 50% off due to nobody being here.  Nobody is staying in hotels that knows whats up. I'm not sure where you see all these slobs from unless you're talking about soi 4? If you hang out in Thong Lor foreigners dress well. 

Where are soi 4 and soi Thong Lor? It's not my thing so you don't need to answer. I also own a home because most condos are too small. Life is good, but sometimes when bored I read TVF. I need to switch to something positive because it's depressing. 

• Like 2

Now that I was completely wrong may I ask what happens to my 2 month extension. Is it used or can I use it again in the future? 

Im not sure if it was a dream or I read it somewhere here that if you had extended during amnesty you could probably use it again. 

10 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Now that I was completely wrong may I ask what happens to my 2 month extension. Is it used or can I use it again in the future? 

Im not sure if it was a dream or I read it somewhere here that if you had extended during amnesty you could probably use it again. 

Did you put 800k or 400k to season for 2 months, or have min 2 months of 40000 or 60000 baht monthly and/or embassy letter before applying for the 12 month extension of stay at the end of your 2 months extension?

Edited by userabcd

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you got a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

The are still limited to 1 one per entry but some offices have issued a 2nd one by waiving it under this in the immigration order for extensions.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

Thank you Joe. 

Yes, I used regular 1 time extension to visit wife (60 days). 

So there is a small possibility that I may be granted 60 day extension again, right. 

400k is not a problem, but 60 day extension is much simpler to do. 

It's almost 2 PM and there hasn't been an official announcement on the amnesty extension. I was planning to go to my local immigration office to extend my 30-day visa exempt this afternoon. My local immigration office announced last week that there would be no penalties if I were to apply to extend by today. I have a support letter from my embassy and a medical certificate stating why I couldn't fly out last week.  Should I wait?

It's been on the

23 minutes ago, tygerstar said:

It's almost 2 PM and there hasn't been an official announcement on the amnesty extension. I was planning to go to my local immigration office to extend my 30-day visa exempt this afternoon. My local immigration office announced last week that there would be no penalties if I were to apply to extend by today. I have a support letter from my embassy and a medical certificate stating why I couldn't fly out last week.  Should I wait?

Yes wait,it's been on the news already that it will be extended, announcement some time this week.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, tygerstar said:

suggest you check this and make a decsion

Bangkok Post reports extension will be confirmed tomorrow (I'm not allowed to post the link). This sucks though. Like most people I've worked things out in the ample time we had at our disposal. If they extend once more many people will just assume it'll happen again and again.

This took me ages to transcribe, but the relevant part (I think) from the English Covid-19 Daily Briefing;

"Another piece of information, is of course, that, I have to just put out a disclaimer first, in saying that what I will be saying will be the information that has been confirmed, not those under discussion yet so, there is an important issue which will be approved by cabinet tomorrow, has been sent for propose to be approved by cabinet tomorrow, which will be an important piece of information concerning visas for foreign nationals, but, this has been under discussion with even the private sector also, but we have to wait until the cabinet approves this tomorrow, and the information will be coming out tomorrow after the weekly cabinet meeting ... ...so for this issue, waiting for the cabinet approval for tomorrow, hope everyone looks at the big picture for the benefit of Thailand, for the benefit of those people living in Thailand and call Thailand home, looking at the big picture for the benefit of everybody in the general picture".

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, greggraham said:

This took me ages to transcribe, but the relevant part (I think) from the English Covid-19 Daily Briefing;

"Another piece of information, is of course, that, I have to just put out a disclaimer first, in saying that what I will be saying will be the information that has been confirmed, not those under discussion yet so, there is an important issue which will be approved by cabinet tomorrow, has been sent for propose to be approved by cabinet tomorrow, which will be an important piece of information concerning visas for foreign nationals, but, this has been under discussion with even the private sector also, but we have to wait until the cabinet approves this tomorrow, and the information will be coming out tomorrow after the weekly cabinet meeting ... ...so for this issue, waiting for the cabinet approval for tomorrow, hope everyone looks at the big picture for the benefit of Thailand, for the benefit of those people living in Thailand and call Thailand home, looking at the big picture for the benefit of everybody in the general picture".

Definitely sounds like a nod to the retirement visa holders who are currently stranded outside the Kingdom with no means to re-enter.

Edited by audaciousnomad

8 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Definitely sounds like a nod to the retirement/marriage visa holders who are currently stranded outside the Kingdom with no means to re-enter.

You must mean only retirement, right? If you are on marriage extension you are already on the approved list for entry.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

Definitely sounds like a nod to the retirement visa holders who are currently stranded outside the Kingdom with no means to re-enter.

Possiblity also a reference to the proposal mentioned in the BPPost summary, that non-immigrant visas of various types that are to be issued for businessmen who do not have work permits, and also to allow 100,000 Apec Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders (businessmen screened and certified by Apec countries) to enter Thailand.

Edited by bjaz

1 minute ago, bjaz said:

Possiblity also a reference to the proposal mentioned in the BPPost, that non-immigrant visas of various types that are to be issued for businessmen who do not have work permits, and also to allow 100,000 Apec Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders (businessmen screened and certified by Apec countries) to enter Thailand.

I think that was mentioned in a section before the part I transcribed. 

• Like 1

'most' Thai newspaper mention the fact Ubon Joe  mentioned yesterday......there will be a new amnesty until 31 october this year it just needs to be signed by PM and the signing usually happens on Tuesday..........so

RElAX      another amnesty month approved only yet to be signed.

• Like 1