Amnesty Extension

23 hours ago, Pravda said:

Don't count on it judging by how crowded CW is today. 

It looks like business as usual for immigration. 

I went to immigration, one day before the "lockdown" in march, stupid me, wasted my 60 day visit my child as my non-o was dead in the water

let's wait & see, 14 days to go

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No

You cannot change you non immigrant visa status without leaving the country to apply for a new visa. You will be applying for a one year extension of stay based upon working.

Even though I fall under the amnesty? My non O multiple expired back in July.

14 minutes ago, mizzi39 said:

Even though I fall under the amnesty?

Yes

15 minutes ago, mizzi39 said:

My non O multiple expired back in July.

You visas expiration date means nothing after your are in the country. On the permit to stay it allowed you is important.

Nobody knows what the government will do if anything. If they are smart they will give another amnesty on they 15 or 16 as many people are still trapped in Thailand. They should also make it to the end of the year. After all what harm can we do,only spend our money, and eat plenty of rice?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

There a lot of people who would happily pay for short term extensions if Immigration would only drop their restrictions on how many you can have per visa stamp

It has nothing to do with immigration. All they do is implement the law as laid down by the government. Well, much of the time, when they aren't making up their own rules.

• Like 1

So to confirm, if you wish to book an appointment for an extension to your Tourist (TR.60) visa stamp with an embassy letter, you still select the 'short-term (counter K)' option on the booking website even though the option below ('Extension of tourist visa TR.60') seems more applicable?

Regardless, both are at the new building in M.T.T and not Chaengwattana, correct?

15 hours ago, stranded81 said:

Hi,
Could anyone kindly confirm if it's possible to use an ONLINE QUEUE SYSTEM at the immigration office in Bangkok for 30 day tourist extension with embassy letter?

Your question was already answered by UJ earlier.

But since you intend to apply for the Embassy letter supported 'special' 30-day extension of stay, it is recommended to enquire beforehand at your IO, whether such a 'special' extension would allow you afterwards:

1 - to apply for a 'regular' Visa or extension > some IOs (e.g. HatYai, SriRacha) are not willing to handle any subsequent 'regular' applications, because they consider the Embassy letter supported 'special' extension a Waiting Room extension until you are able again to leave for your home-country;

2 - whether the IO, if not willing to handle a subsequent 'regular' application, would be willing to handle your next 'special' extension(s) > some IOs as well as some Embassies have indicated they are only willing to handle such a special extension once. 

4 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

I went to immigration, one day before the "lockdown" in march, stupid me, wasted my 60 day visit my child as my non-o was dead in the water

let's wait & see, 14 days to go

Similar. I got my 15+15 tourist extension 1 day before Amnesty. Stressful day 100s of tourists queuing.   Got flight booked for 25 th                         I to will wait n see 

21 hours ago, STD Warehouse said:

I’m pretty sure they will extend the amnesty. 

they (gov not immigration) will make announcement on 21st or 22nd about extending the amnesty.

i have no proof of this, only my personal view.

Middle ground myself.... I think some extension will be possible but  it will require application and  fee. That way those who do nothing are penalized by being on overstay.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Is it possible to get a retirement visa extension with out having the 800,000 in the account for 2 months,but say for 1 month. Has anyone had this happen to them?

If the 800k was not in bank for 2 months you would be able to obtain non o with agent. Without agent and 800k for only one month then impossible.

If your thinking that you can obtain non o with agent on the 30 day extension from Sept 27, that is not a given.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Is it possible to get a retirement visa extension with out having the 800,000 in the account for 2 months,but say for 1 month. Has anyone had this happen to them?

For a 1-year extension application the 800K needs to be seasoned for at least 2 months at the moment of FIRST TIME appllcation for such 1-year extension.

When applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa you only need to provide evidence of the 800K on your personal thai bank-account (with foreign origins proven) at the moment of application.  And such application can only be done from a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entry.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to go to the new location.

Yes

I would select this one. image.png.c3883a035c0ae97c050c120eae82a7a6.png

You need an appointment for every thing other than 90 day reporting. I think you will be able to get the appointment.

You would have to have Bangkok address to apply for an extension there. You could put a Bangkok address on it but they may want a TM30 for to change your address to Bangkok. It might be best to apply for the extension in Hua HIn.

That should be enough.

ubonjoe - extremely helpful. thank you so much 

On 9/11/2020 at 3:39 PM, STD Warehouse said:

I’m pretty sure they will extend the amnesty. 

they (gov not immigration) will make announcement on 21st or 22nd about extending the amnesty.

i have no proof of this, only my personal view.

yeah, me too, I gather there will be huge crowd because of this short amount of time for everyone to get out.

If I am going by train is the land border open?

I have 1000000% belief that those on amnesty will have a way to stay.

Not even a single doubt.

Common sense has prevailed twice. Absolutely no reason for it not to happen again. Those that can extend and report and pay should be doing so and those without a way to secure there stay, compassion again from LOS.

That's how it works.

How about open a new topic called “scape plan in case amnesty is not extended”?

I was thinking buy a last minute air ticket to Europe, the price now is around 400 USD.

As I understand I could even get it within one week after the amnesty and pay a overstay fine of 500 baht per day 

11 minutes ago, Coronazorro said:

How about open a new topic called “scape plan in case amnesty is not extended”?

I was thinking buy a last minute air ticket to Europe, the price now is around 400 USD.

As I understand I could even get it within one week after the amnesty and pay a overstay fine of 500 baht per day 

If you're American be careful about transits.  A few European countries may not allow transit and Dubai and Doha, Qatar will require negative tests even for transit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

If you're American be careful about transits.  A few European countries may not allow transit and Dubai and Doha, Qatar will require negative tests even for transit 

I didn’t thought about the transit. So they are making it difficult even for leaving the country, I think all this coronahoax is after poor people lasts pennies in testing and vaccines. And if you are unlucky and get sick on the flight they take all you have left with quarantine fees, even if you are not sick as it’s been proven that the made in China tests sensitivity is far too high.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe Nee Appleseed said:

"Medical Emergency" extensions from agents will be available until the 25th just in case right?  One agent is saying Monday is the last day for that option...

There is a cabinet meeting on tuesday.  If amnesty is extended it will be announced on tuesday.  It is likely the agent is saying monday is the deadline because they suspect amnesty will be extended.

5 hours ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Double check with the airline, but:

If you have been in Thailand, you can generally transit or even enter most of Europe even if you are american.  In most european countries, what matters is the country you have been in for the last 2 weeks--your passport country is irrelevant.

Doha does not require a test to transit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe Nee Appleseed said:

"Medical Emergency" extensions from agents will be available until the 25th just in case right?  One agent is saying Monday is the last day for that option...

Not sure what you are talking about.

But if you intend to apply for the 'special' extension of stay for reason that medical conditions do not allow you to fly/travel, an Embassy letter is NOT needed.  But you would need a letter from a doctor (in a Hospital, not a private one) with such not fit-to-fly statement. 

And you should probably refrain from entering your local IO to apply for it while tap-dancing and laughing, as it is your local IO that will decide on the permission to stay date you will get on the basis of that letter.

I didn't take the risk of waiting to hear if the amnesty was being extended and went and got a 1 year Non O, based on marriage, extension last week.

Last year I got a Non O ME from Savannakhet as I just missed the 12 monthly income deposits into my Thai bank account as it took several weeks to get my online banking setup.

So I lost out on 3 months of my Savannakhet visa but nice to know I am now set for another year.

• Like 1