Amnesty Extension

52 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I didn't take the risk of waiting to hear if the amnesty was being extended and went and got a 1 year Non O, based on marriage, extension last week.

Last year I got a Non O ME from Savannakhet as I just missed the 12 monthly income deposits into my Thai bank account as it took several weeks to get my online banking setup.

So I lost out on 3 months of my Savannakhet visa but nice to know I am now set for another year.

I am in the same position and intend to visit immigration this week. What did you have to provide as proof of funds? Would salary/income being transferred to my Thai bank account over the past 3 months be sufficient? Do they ask for copy of bank book? Letter from Bank? letter from embassy? (not possible in my case), I have employment contract to prove employment income. I also have adequate health insurance and "Covid-19" letter from Health insurance company.

Any chance of a list of the documents you needed to provide?

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

I am in the same position and intend to visit immigration this week. What did you have to provide as proof of funds? Would salary/income being transferred to my Thai bank account over the past 3 months be sufficient? Do they ask for copy of bank book? Letter from Bank? letter from embassy? (not possible in my case), I have employment contract to prove employment income. I also have adequate health insurance and "Covid-19" letter from Health insurance company.

If your embassy will issue a proof of income document that would be accepted. Most will issue them other than if you are from the UK, US or Australia.

Whether 3 months of transfers from abroad will be accepted depends upon the office where you apply. Many insist on having 12 months of transfers.  Proof of the source of you income also depends upon what is needed. Most would only accept earned income if you were working here legally with a work permit.

This from the Phuket immigration volunteers website. http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/

"Persons from the countries who don’t supply income certificates (USA, UK, Australia) should contact the immigration office to discuss their application if they want to use their (overseas) income as proof of income for the extension based on marriage application."

21 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Will you be applying for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of

- marriage to a Thai national?

- support for Thai dependent child?

- retirement (+50 years of age)?

Financial and other requirements are different for each of those.

You write that you are not eligible for the Embassy issued foreign income-letter, so that leaves you with only 2 methods to prove your financials:

- funds-in-bank method

- monthly income transfer method

You would need to enquire at your local IO whether they would accept 3 months of foreign income transfers (with both origins and SOURCE of that income proven).

Although previously 2 months of such transfers were accepted, many IOs have changed their policy/practice and now require 12 months of such transfers.

Since you are not extending a Non Imm O-A Visa, the health-insurance requirement is not applicable for you.  And since you are not entering Thailand from abroad there is also no need for a Covid-19 insurance, to apply for an extension at your local IO.

Thankyou @ubonjoe and @peterdenis. Although over 50 I have always applied based on marriage (33 years now!) to a Thai. If they do not accept the proof of income (I am employed in Myanmar on 2 year contract) then topping up my Thai bank account to 400K may also be an option.

I take it I would be able to get a 60 day extension this week anyway to take me through to November. Are they still insisting that 400K needs to be seasoned for a period of time?

Would I be able to get a 60 day extension and then apply for a one year extension based on having just topped up to 400K ?

Are there requirements to keep at least 400K in the account for the duration of the visa extension?

As ever, thanks for the sage advice.

22 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

I take it I would be able to get a 60 day extension this week anyway to take me through to November. Are they still insisting that 400K needs to be seasoned for a period of time?

Would I be able to get a 60 day extension and then apply for a one year extension based on having just topped up to 400K ?

Are there requirements to keep at least 400K in the account for the duration of the visa extension?

The 400k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

You could apply for the 60 day extension prior to the 26th and then apply for the one year extension on the day you have 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

You can do what you want to with the 400k baht after the extension is approved.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Thankyou @ubonjoe and @peterdenis. Although over 50 I have always applied based on marriage (33 years now!) to a Thai. If they do not accept the proof of income (I am employed in Myanmar on 2 year contract) then topping up my Thai bank account to 400K may also be an option.

Since you do not have an Embassy issued income-letter, you would need to enquire at your local IO whether they would accept the evidence of the foreign income from your Myanmar contract as SOURCE of your monthly foreign income transfers.  As mentioned in earlier post, it is not sure whether they would accept just two of such +40K monthly transfers made in the two months preceding your application, or whether they would want to see a +40K transfer in each of the 12 months preceding your application.

In case you do not comply with IO requirements for the monthly income transfer method, you can use the +400K funds-in-bank method.

The 400K need to be seasoned for at least two months at the moment of application for your 1-year extension of stay based on marriage.  In case you do not have enough time to meet that seasoning requirement by 26 September, you could apply for the 60-day extension of stay.  But you would have to transfer the 400K latest 20 Sept, in order to have those funds seasoned when applying a few days before the 24 Nov expiry date of the 60-day extension you will apply for.

Note: In case you have Thai dependant child(ren) you could apply for the 1-year extension of stay for that reason, and in that case there won't be any seasoning required of the 400K funds.

>> After the 3-4 weeks 'under consideration' period of your application, and you got your 1-year permission to stay stamp, you are free to use the 400K as you please.  And would only need to top up again to 400K two months before your next 1-year extension of stay application.

Edited by Peter Denis

Hi,
I made a reservation at Muang Thong Thani through the online system yesterday but am yet to receive a confirmation email / text.
Could it be because it's the weekend?

I have just been given a generic booking time from 8:30AM-12PM Tomorrow, Monday, Sep 14th.

Is it sufficient if I show up within this allotted time slot with just a printout of the screenshot of the appointment? (see attached)

thank you

image.png.1ddac78f0f7d5e929322b742c136536f.png

Edited by ubonjoe
redacted phone number

7 minutes ago, stranded81 said:

Could it be because it's the weekend?
I have just been given a generic booking time from 8:30AM-12PM Tomorrow, Monday, Sep 14th.

Is it sufficient if I show up within this allotted time slot with just a printout of the screenshot of the appointment? (see attached)

I am sure it is due to the weekend.

That should be enough to prove you made the appointment.

2 hours ago, stranded81 said:

I made a reservation at Muang Thong Thani through the online system yesterday but am yet to receive a confirmation email / text.

Virtually everyone who has used the appointment system (including me) has found that the email confirmation ended up in their spam folder - take a look there and you may very well find it.

25 minutes ago, poloshirt said:

Is the border to Padang Bersar (malaysia) open yet? Can I get a train to Padang Bersar to go Malaysia now? Please desperate for an answer.

No it is not open. Only Malaysians and a very few others can enter Malaysia.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Virtually everyone who has used the appointment system (including me) has found that the email confirmation ended up in their spam folder - take a look there and you may very well find it.

khunjeff - found it in Spam! Thanks very much for the tip.

• Thanks 1

I am stressed to hell right now. Chumphon immigration refused to issue me an extension on my Non O ME Marriage visa which is valid until next year. They said I can leave the country and come back and spend 14 days in ASQ. i am consdering travelling to Bangkok later this week and maybe go to MTT and ask them there.

I have been trying to book a flight but, for 14 days in a row the flights have all been cancelled.

How do they expect people to leave when there are no flights? 

What will be my chances of getting a 60 day extension at MTT?

I do not have the 400k in the bank here, even though I transfer around 60-75k a month here.

I saw someone mentioning the possibility of an ammnesty extension. I hope this is more than a rumour, after all there are no reliable outgoing flights. Most airlines are not flying until October, and even those flights are not guaranteed yet. Common sense says they should extend the ammnesty, but I will never take a gamble on common sense here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, adrianb said:

I am stressed to hell right now. Chumphon immigration refused to issue me an extension on my Non O ME Marriage visa which is valid until next year. They said I can leave the country and come back and spend 14 days in ASQ. i am consdering travelling to Bangkok later this week and maybe go to MTT and ask them there.

I have been trying to book a flight but, for 14 days in a row the flights have all been cancelled.

I do not have the 400k in the bank here, even though I transfer around 60-75k a month here.

I saw someone mentioning the possibility of an ammnesty extension. I hope this is more than a rumour, after all there are no reliable outgoing flights. Most airlines are not flying until October, and even those flights are not guaranteed yet. Common sense says they should extend the ammnesty, but I will never take a gamble on common sense here. 

Have you already used a 60 day extension on your current visa?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ireckonso said:

I just flew out last night no shortage of flights contrary to popular belief on here.

It obviously depends on where you need to go and where you are eligible to transit, if necessary. I could easily get home, too. Others can't though.

4 hours ago, adrianb said:

I am stressed to hell right now. Chumphon immigration refused to issue me an extension on my Non O ME Marriage visa which is valid until next year. They said I can leave the country and come back and spend 14 days in ASQ. i am considering travelling to Bangkok later this week and maybe go to MTT and ask them there.

I saw someone mentioning the possibility of an amnesty extension. I hope this is more than a rumor, after all there are no reliable outgoing flights. Most airlines are not flying until October, and even those flights are not guaranteed yet. Common sense says they should extend the amnesty, but I will never take a gamble on common sense here. 

Hi AdrianB,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

1 - The validity of your ME Non Imm O marriage Visa is of no relevance anymore once you entered the country.  What is relevant is the permission to stay stamped in your passport on entry.  Obviously that one has already long time expired by now, and so you are on the Amnesty extension now.

2 - When you did not already use up your once-per-entry 60-day extension of stay for reason of family visit, there is no reason Chumphon IO should refuse handling it.  If you did not apply already for such 60-day extension of stay since you last entered Thailand, just go back to your Chumphon IO and politely ask to talk with the officer in charge.

3 - If Chumphon IO is adamant in their - incorrect - refusal of not handling your first 60-day extension of stay since you last entered, you could consider relocating to a different province with a more accommodating IO. 

> When going that road PM me to get more info on how to do that.

4 - If you have evidence of having transferred +40K (with foreign origins proven) in each and every of the 12 months preceding your application, you will be able to apply for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage.

Note: Previously IO was OK with 2 or 3 months of such transfers, but since 2-3 weeks it seems the policy/procedure at many IOs has changed and they now require 12 months of such transfers (even if you were still in your home-country 1 year ago).

>> In case you already have 12 months of +40K transfers (with foreign origins proven), there is not even the need to apply for the intermediate 60-days permission to stay, and you could apply then straight away for the 1-year extension of stay.  However, some offices want you to first do the 60-day extension of stay for the bogus reason that it would provided a 'valid' permission to stay from which to do the 1-year extension of stay application.  

5 - When you are successful with your 60-day permission to stay application, it will be provided with start-date 27 September, with permission to stay till 25 November.

If you cannot use the monthly income transfer method < see #4 > this would still provide you with sufficient time to transfer 400K to a personal Thai bank-account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted by IO) and have these funds seasoned for 2 months before date of application.

However, as it would be wise to have a couple of days left for the 1-year extension of stay application (in case of incomplete documents or IO requiring some additional evidence), it would be wise to do the application ultimately 19 November, which means that the 400K needs to be on your bank-account latest 18 September (if not possible the ultimate deadline for those funds to be on your thai bank-account is 24 Sept - but then you won't have any wiggle room left to collect any missing documents in case your 1-year extension of stay is not accepted on the day you submit it).

6 - See also my response re your query > https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1182142-any-rejections-with-embassy-letter/?do=findComment&comment=15812480

You need to be aware that when using the Embassy issued Letter to apply for the 'special' extension of stay, that it might block you from doing any subsequent 'regular' extension application as some IOs treat it as a Waiting room extension for those that cannot leave the country yet.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, adrianb said:

Have you contacted your embassy to request a letter asking immigration immigration to issue you a extension?

As asked in another post. Have you gotten a 60 day extension before? If not the office where you are applying are just being difficult.

Without proof you are staying in Bangkok I doubt MTT would issue one to you. Also your wife would need to be with you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adrianb said:

Is that income a "state pension"?  If you have docs to prove that it is, PLUS 12 months of foreign-transfers from your bank-statement, then you should be able to apply at most offices for a 1-year extension.  As your last entry was Non-Imm, the "15 days before" rule does not apply.

You should be able to apply for the "60-days to visit your wife," even w/o the money - and, yes, at MTT,  if you local office will not do it - but ONLY if you "move" to Bangkok first, so you can provide landlord-docs showing you live there.

One more thing to try, is presenting the embassy-letter at Chumpon - not for a 30-day extension, but to get them to "validate" the auto-extension of your previous entry-stamp, which the cabinet gave us by law.  Some offices pretend it isn't a "real" extension - which is bull - but a few relented and stamped "admitted until" Sept 26 when an embassy-letter was shown.  There are pictures of these in the "usa embassy letter" thread.  With that stamp done, you can THEN get your 60-day and/or 1-year extension.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

The 400k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

You could apply for the 60 day extension prior to the 26th and then apply for the one year extension on the day you have 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

You can do what you want to with the 400k baht after the extension is approved.

Thanks Joe. Much appreciated. I think that's my best option - to top up my account to 400K+ a.s.a.p. then apply for 60 day extension. I have never done a 60 day extension before. What documentation is needed for this? How much does it cost?

16 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Thanks Joe. Much appreciated. I think that's my best option - to top up my account to 400K+ a.s.a.p. then apply for 60 day extension. I have never done a 60 day extension before. What documentation is needed for this? How much does it cost?

The extension is 1,900 baht. Your wife must be with you when you apply. You need the original of your marriage certificate, plus a copy, and a copy of your wife's id card and house book.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

... I think that's my best option - to top up my account to 400K+ a.s.a.p. then apply for 60 day extension. I have never done a 60 day extension before. What documentation is needed for this? How much does it cost?

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and she has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it. 

You would need to provide proof of residence.

If your wife is the owner of the place you are staying, a copy of the house-book from that place will do.  When renting, a copy of the rental agreement will be needed with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by the owner.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

>> The start-date of the 60-day extension will be 27 Sept, with a permission to stay till 25 November.  That would allow you to meet the two months seasoning requirement for the 400K funds-in-bank requirement when subsequently applying for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.  When going that road it is recommended to have the 400K already on your Thai personal bank-account (a joint one is not accepted) by end of this week < 18 September >, to allow you some time in case of missing documents or IO requiring additional evidence when applying for your 1-year extension of stay approx 19 Nov (dead-line for application would be 25 Nov).

• Like 1

Peter, for 60 day extenison to visit wife in BKK i have to go to Muang THong Thani yes? I mean i was sure about it but today i talked on immigration hot line about something  (1178) and the girl said have to go to CW???? I dont know if she knows what she is talking about :).

9 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

Peter, for 60 day extenison to visit wife in BKK i have to go to Muang THong Thani yes? I mean i was sure about it but today i talked on immigration hot line about something  (1178) and the girl said have to go to CW???? I dont know if she knows what she is talking about :).

Yes, when residing in the Bangkok area an application for a 60-day extension for reason to visit your Thai wife / Thai dependent child, has now to be done at Mueang Thong Thani.

See attached link with confirmation of the above > https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1180512-from-amnesty-to-60-day-wife-extension-in-bangkok/?do=findComment&comment=15774644

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, when residing in the Bangkok area an application for a 60-day extension for reason to visit your Thai wife / Thai dependent child, has now to be done at Mueang Thong Thani.

See attached link with confirmation of the above > https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1180512-from-amnesty-to-60-day-wife-extension-in-bangkok/?do=findComment&comment=15774644

So I'm trying to schedule appointment at MTT immigration, but can't really figure it out, which option should i choose for 60 days NON-IMM O visa type from the following list on the website:

255818195_ScreenShot2020-09-14at21_46_27.png.cbebf02c2592bc30d205b4f3e8d4fbc4.png

Any suggestions anyone ?

• Like 1

"Applying for a short-term visa (counter K)" is definately for folks extending on Visa on Arrival and Visa exemption stays. I don't see anything else on the list that specifies non-imm O extensions of 60 days. Would that be considered "short term"? Note: You have to book online before midnight, if you're seeking to get an appointment the next day. (Mentioning in case you intend to go tomorrow.)