Thai footballer may have Covid-19

webfact

Thai footballer may have Covid-19

By The Nation

800_a5c8f35b3354a62.jpg?v=1599812905

The Public Health Ministry will hold a press conference at 5pm today (September 11) to confirm whether a member of the Thai Football League is indeed infected by Covid-19.

Footballers were tested on September 8 and 9 before Thailand’s football seasons starts this weekend.

If the footballer is found to be infected, then this will be the second domestic case in less than a month.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394381

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-11

Shut your mouth. Can not be, No way I say.  The government all but eradicated the thought of Covid in peoples minds, but yet here it might be again.  Not sure what the football season will be like, because if he has it then more of his mates may be popping with it soon, but then the DJ who tested positive has not spawned any new cases, hmmmmmmm....................

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

If the footballer is found to be infected, then this will be the second domestic case in less than a month.

WOW! will he be in the majority and have no symptoms, like most - if his immune system is not compromised he will have no problem fighting of this 'virus" especially if he has optimised his immune system with C, zinc & selenium, you know - just like they don't tell us how to do! 

The agenda continues to convince that vaccine is the only "cure all" along with the rest of the "social engineering" ???? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CGW said:

WOW! will he be in the majority and have no symptoms, like most - if his immune system is not compromised he will have no problem fighting of this 'virus" especially if he has optimised his immune system with C, zinc & selenium, you know - just like they don't tell us how to do! 

The agenda continues to convince that vaccine is the only "cure all" along with the rest of the "social engineering" ???? 

Immunity claims, isn't that the same as someone who is guilty but claims they are immune to prosecution.  Looks like he needs to flee.

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

does this mean he is?

I don't expect there would be a press conference if there's nothing to announce, unless of course they announce the greatness of the current administration.

Edited by ukrules
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I don't expect there would be a press conference if there's nothing to announce, unless of course they announce the greatness of the current administration.

oh, i dont know... that lot are forever having press conferences and making announcements, it's what they're good at; speaking a lot but saying nothing

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Thailand just claimed to do 600 tests and found not one positive case.  I find that hard to believe - the amount of false positives on these tests is fairly high.  

It seems like they are covering up their numbers.  I'm just speculating, but this recent case is making me think that all these numbers are utter nonsense.  

And the new test numbers are:

Image result for picking a random number out of a hat gif

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Reading on twitter it’s been confirmed. He tested negative before being released from quarantine after a trip overseas and now he’s tested positive. 

Interesting, I'd like to know which quarantine he used. Was it a state quarantine (not sure if he's Thai or not) or one of the 'ASQ' private options.

I do suspect that it will be a hard job to prevent any and all spread between those in quarantine.

18 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Thailand just claimed to do 600 tests and found not one positive case.  I find that hard to believe - the amount of false positives on these tests is fairly high.  

It seems like they are covering up their numbers.  I'm just speculating, but this recent case is making me think that all these numbers are utter nonsense.  

Especially when you look at the 3 recent positive cases in Japan from Thai travellers. A remarkably high percentage for the relatively small number flying to Japan.

It does indeed seem highly likely that the virus is a lot more widespread than hoped, but maybe the viral exposures here are low due to masks and generally not in a/c environments and that's keeping most people as asymptomatic. There's never been a good explanation for why Thailand has 'escaped', even with the rubbish testing results.

Cases do tend to circulate for a while before the spread is actually picked up. Let's hope we're not in for some bad news further down the line.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, I'd like to know which quarantine he used. Was it a state quarantine (not sure if he's Thai or not) or one of the 'ASQ' private options.

I do suspect that it will be a hard job to prevent any and all spread between those in quarantine.

Not sure. States he was tested negative in Uzbekistan and then flew here to do quarantine. 

1 minute ago, Batstuff said:

Twitter says he is an Uzbekistan citizen so its doubtful that he went through a state quarantine. 

He went through ASQ tested negative and was released. So the most likely possibilities are he caught covid-19 in Buriram or he caught it on his final few days in the ASQ facility and the final test they gave him didn't pick that up.

• Like 2