12 month retirement extension from an in-country non b?

I was on 30 day entry stamp amnesty until last month when I was offered a job. The employer obtained a non b for me at the local immigration office which is valid until late November. However, I started suffering from a health problem before the 1 September job start date so I didn't begin work or apply for a work permit, and I decided to retire instead. I'm over 50. What are my options to stay in the country?

If you have the financial proof to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement you may be able to apply using the visa you were issued by immigration.

You need to check with the office that issued the visa about it and explain the reason you are not working.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Promula said:

A quick follow on question sorry. Is my 90 day non b extendable for 30 days like a 60 day tourist visa and a 30 day exemption stamp?

A 30 extension is not possible for a non immigrant visa entry/

With a letter from you embassy you may be able to get one.

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 6:07 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you have the financial proof to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement you may be able to apply using the visa you were issued by immigration.

You need to check with the office that issued the visa about it and explain the reason you are not working.

Seeking clarification. Can't I simply apply for a new 3 month in-country non-o based on retirement? I believe that people on amnesty, and usually those on tourist visas can, so can't I?

13 minutes ago, Promula said:

Can't I simply apply for a new 3 month in-country non-o based on retirement? I believe that people on amnesty, and usually those on tourist visas can, so can't I?

You have to be on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry to apply for a non immigrant visa (category O) entry.

From the list of requirements to apply for one: 

"1.1 FormTM.86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist orTransit Visa and want to applies for a change of type of visa (from Tourist Visa or Transit Visa toNon-Immigrant Visa); or

1.2 FormTM.87 for the foreigner, who enters the kingdom of Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in the kingdom with a permit of stay for a period of 15 days, 30 days, 90 days and want to applies for non-immigrant visa."

Source: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

The only thing you can do is apply for a extension based upon retirement at immigration if they allowed you do it. 

19 minutes ago, Promula said:

Thanks. How about if I get a 60 day extension for being married to a Thai? Can I then apply for a non o?

Getting a 60 day extension would not change anything. You still could not apply for a new non immigrant visa.

It might allow you to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage dependent upon the office where you apply.