Dolphinarium

EVENKEEL

On 9/11/2020 at 2:00 PM, Leaver said:

Looks like they have gone from 600 baht, to 450 baht, to 300 baht.  

The dolphins and seals must have accepted a pay cut.   ????

Probably will give them less to eat, it should be banned! I'm sure some will disagree but there it is!

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I doubt they have been trained any differently.  

Does this mean you won't be attending? Do you think the dolphins would be better off having paying attendees or folks just bad mouthing without any plan. Sometimes over zealous people do more harm than good.

13 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

So after the movie and all the years of animal rights activism Ric O'Barry was unable to change trainers ways ?

Shame about those 2 Dolphins he killed.

It not just the dolphins.  Look how the elephants are trained here, and what they do to the tigers so people can touch them.  

Do you condone it?

Edited by Leaver

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Does this mean you won't be attending? Do you think the dolphins would be better off having paying attendees or folks just bad mouthing without any plan. Sometimes over zealous people do more harm than good.

Correct.  I will not be attending.  Many tourists do not attend for the same reason.  

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

It not just the dolphins.  Look how the elephants are trained here, and what they do to the tigers so people can touch them.  

Highly doubt the Elephants and Tigers are trained by the same people as the dolphins this thread is based around.

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

So after the movie and all the years of animal rights activism Ric O'Barry was unable to change trainers ways ?

Shame about those 2 Dolphins he killed.

Except maybe he didn't. Dolphins are, unlike human, voluntary breathers. This means that they have to consciously remember to breathe, when they surface of course. That also means that only one half of dolphins brain can sleep at a time.

Rick himself have said that he turned activist when one of his "Flipper" dolphins came up to him and stopped breathing. Basically, he watched the dolphin commit suicide.

But IMO, anybody wanting to watch a dolphin show, should watch "The Cove" first.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

I do not regard Asia, or Americas as the western countries... concentrate on Europe and see what you get...

And disregard all red marked, places that no longer have a webpage. Should tell you something....

Edited by SpaceKadet

7 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I do not regard Asia, or Americas as the western countries... concentrate on Europe and see what you get...

• Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Lithuania
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Ukraine

29 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Lithuania
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Ukraine

Great, and now, check out their webpages and tell me how many have dolphin shows....

On 9/11/2020 at 10:39 PM, aussiexpat said:

Sounds like a great show.

I can't understand all the negative posts as these shows are all around the World? Maybe we should worry more about the elephants, tigers and those poor crocodiles that have a head shoved in their mouth every day for the camera

The crocodiles get their revenge. Supposedly it is a short lived job. My wife's nephew worked there and he had a video of what happens when the crocodile gets sick of it (or they don't give it enough drugs). Supposedly a semi regular occurence.

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

The crocodiles get their revenge. Supposedly it is a short lived job. My wife's nephew worked there and he had a video of what happens when the crocodile gets sick of it (or they don't give it enough drugs). Supposedly a semi regular occurence.

Its a crocodile farm. Eventually they get eaten. Very tasty too.