Thailand finds second coronavirus infection after long absence

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

That’s just bad journalism!

The guy is not “infected” - he just has one rtPCR test (out of 4) with positive results ... that’s not the same ! 

To be classified as infected, he would have to show symptoms and the test results have to confirmed by a doctor’s diagnosis.

Maybe, the writer should inform himself at first, what specifity of a PCR test means and what the resulting effects on “false positives” are.

Sorry to say but he is infected and is being cared for by medical staff, even if he is only asymptomatic.  G strain, and now the football season may be in jeopardy.

If they did more testing on the vast population you would probably find a lot more infections, this virus cannot be omitted by isolation, it is everywhere, perhaps it is because thai's are more resilient to it and don't know they actually have it, it cannot be controlled, it is too clever, it wants to multiply, some people succumb to a bee sting, with the majority it has no effect, with the minority it has drastic consequences.

• Like 1

I watched the video but it didn't give me any confidence. At the same time, all the masks and stuff seems a bit over the top too. I don't believe in any grand conspiracy though. Thailand is hardly protecting itself even with the mask use. My hospital is always way too packed when I visit and they stopped with the sign in and even the temperature check at the door the last time I visited. Meanwhile, 7Eleven and Big C still want to check temperatures. BigC and Lotus still have people signing in. Most just walk past the sign in.

These days what is the truth with this or with anything. Those leading us are lying straight out in many cases and are literally built on forced lies like Thailand's regime calling itself democratic. Still, no grand world-wide conspiracy in my view. Just a lot of pathetic leaders who came into power around the same time. What a joke it is to hear WHO appointing Anutin Charnvirakul as chair of the regional committee for Southeast Asia. Are the other countries so screwed up that this jerk is the best choice? Anyways, what an age this is. Disturbing. Confusing. Sad.

• Like 1

Did everyone who got the flu get headlines or did I miss something? Now there are stupid screens everywhere in my condo talking about the latest coronavirus as it is not the first or worst we have had. Automatic testing in 7. They want this stipidity to carry on!!!! Why??? CONTROL!!!!

20 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It doesn't say anything that suggests it's not the footballer does it?So the match has been cancelled then because all his team mates will be in quarantine now possibly for 28 days?Also the contacts of 70 will also be going into quarantine?

Let’s lock them all up.  Burn them at the stake.  First glimps of covid social media oh no the world will end. 

• Haha 1

Yes, they discovered the dirty secret! ????‍♂️

Everything is based on averages. There is nothing concrete that says infection is “guaranteed” in x amount of time. The average incubation period is about 5-7 days. That means it can be 1 or 15. That average is still 5-7.  Medical experts say quarantine for 14 days to err on the side of caution. 

Close the pubs, stop alcohol sales, close the malls, rush to buy toilet roll, everybody will need them now were all scared #@€&£=!. 

I was in a restaurant 2 weeks ago and a Thai guy came in to eat, he had a constant cough and seemd quite embarrased by it. All the staff and customers were looking at him very badly, almost venomously. All because of a cough. This plandemic has not changed anyone, has it?  

Edited by Sumarianson
  • Like 2

All transmissions are indoors.

They need to shut down all bars and clubs.  Its the only way to stay Covid-19 zero cases...........shut them down and ban alcohol again.

That will sort it out.  I mean.......zero cases is a must for the country.  It is the only way to survive according to some.  ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

How is it 3 Thai's just traveled to Japan and tested positive with Covid?

How did they get out of Suvarnabhumi airport with Covid?

Did they get covid on arrival in Japan - in essence when were they tested?

Secondly, how long was their trip to Thailand?

3 hours ago, Derek B said:

Maybe the negative results were inaccurate.

But he was in quarantine for 14 days. He would have been positive sometime during that period, and had at least 2 tests. 

It was either :

1) two flawed tests

2) he left quarantine and was actively around the city 

3) he caught it during quarantine with someone at the hotel 

8 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

But he was in quarantine for 14 days. He would have been positive sometime during that period, and had at least 2 tests. 

It was either :

1) two flawed tests

2) he left quarantine and was actively around the city 

3) he caught it during quarantine with someone at the hotel 

#2 not possible as Thais don't have it.  It's only the dirty foreigners bringing it in.  They are to blame.  /s

4 minutes ago, shdmn said:

#2 not possible as Thais don't have it.  It's only the dirty foreigners bringing it in.  They are to blame.  /s

He might have sneaked out of quarantine and gone to Khao San Road and played decks with a criminal DJ. 

Edited by AndrewMciver
  • Haha 1