UK PM Johnson appeals to party for support over controversial bill

rooster59

1 minute ago, RayC said:

What are you suggesting? Is Barnier (1) acting independently or (2) under instruction from the 27 EU states?

If (1) then I rather think that the EU would have removed him by now, don't you? If (2) then according to your logic, countries such as Belgium, Ireland and the Netherlands to mention just three, have embarked on a voyage of self-harm.

Politicians in Ireland might wish the island of Ireland to be united, and Spain might see an opportunity re Gilbrator if the UK were to split up, but what's in it for the other 25 countries? Are France and Germany about to seize UK colonies in Africa and Asia? Is the Netherlands about to reclaim New Amsterdam? Newsflash, Vogie: It's the 21st century, not the 18th, 19th or early 20th.

What are you suggesting?

What I am suggesting is in my post, if it's not there, I am not suggesting it! And as for your patronising finale to your post, predictable! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

8 minutes ago, RayC said:

What are you suggesting? Is Barnier (1) acting independently or (2) under instruction from the 27 EU states?

If (1) then I rather think that the EU would have removed him by now, don't you? If (2) then according to your logic, countries such as Belgium, Ireland and the Netherlands to mention just three, have embarked on a voyage of self-harm.

Politicians in Ireland might wish the island of Ireland to be united, and Spain might see an opportunity re Gilbrator if the UK were to split up, but what's in it for the other 25 countries? Are France and Germany about to seize UK colonies in Africa and Asia? Is the Netherlands about to reclaim New Amsterdam? Newsflash, Vogie: It's the 21st century, not the 18th, 19th or early 20th.

what british colonies in africa?rhodesia was the last one,who were sold down the river 40 years ago and is now a utopia for its citizens,do try to keep up with current affairs.and wheres gilbrator?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, transam said:

"Everyone is sick of the Brexiteers"......Using the words of 49,

"Have you got a link for that", because the last general election showed the opposite, comrade........????

Read it again. I was talking about the people of Europe. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I told you what I voted for. No single market. No customs union. Regain control of fishing. No ECJ. No level playing field. I'd prefer FTA to WTO but that's way down the list of priorities. EU trade levels with China prove what can be done without an FTA. A Billion Euros a day.   

I don't care how it looks to the EU. Couldn't give a toss. Not a single <deleted> given. Believe me, we'll be delighted to see the finally be out of there.

Right so we are agreed then.

No deal it is.

Lets get on with it shall we?

No point in any more negotiations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Not necessarily because...

...his mandate is to protect the single market, which is worth much more than the 7-8% UK market. 

He’s just the frontman representing the 27 nations, so they can focus on the real issues — Russia, China, Covid, etc. 

This FT article is quite on point: Germany has more pressing concerns than Brexit: Viewed from Berlin, it would be dangerous and self-defeating to agree a Brexit deal that undermines the single market. As the Germans see it, allowing the UK tariff and quota-free access to that market — while exempting the country from the EU’s state-aid regulations and border controls — would pose an unacceptable threat to Europe’s legal order, prosperity and unity.”

And “if you want to hear British-style understatement these days, you need to go to Germany. The political atmosphere in London is hysterical and insular. It is the Germans who are thinking globally and whose maxim now seems to be: “keep calm and carry on”.

(https://www.ft.com/content/e9b7b193-47d4-4887-abe1-2c12f344922a)

More left-wing, anti-UK propaganda from that well-known organ of the Trotskyists ... oh, hold on....????

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, kingdong said:

and the remainers wondered why the people of great britain voted to leave.

Hang on is that the same anti brexit BBC that the Brexiteers continually lambast as being bias ? Are we to take them seriously now ? 

That BBC ? 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, vogie said:

What are you suggesting?

What I am suggesting is in my post, if it's not there, I am not suggesting it! And as for your patronising finale to your post, predictable! 

And unfortunately a predictable post from you, Vogie. One that doesn't address the point.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

lol you don’t get a lot of humour on TVF nowadays so cheers for that ????????

Brexit was based purely on hate - there’s nothing to suggest otherwise 

To a large extent yes, agree. But also the memory of a great past played a major part. But same as everywhere, also for the UK the past can't be brought back.

24 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

lol you don’t get a lot of humour on TVF nowadays so cheers for that ????????

Brexit was based purely on hate - there’s nothing to suggest otherwise 

How right you are, nothing but grousing all the time.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

what goes around comes around.... the UK has the right to brake the law, so does the EU and Scotland and soon NI will follow, with his unlawful proposal, BJ, just open a door wide open....he should have thought about the potential repercussions of his bad actions/intentions, now it's EU pay back time, he was warned.... guess what? more to come

the uk has the power to " brake "( i presume you meant stop ) the law,well they have and they did.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Oh my giddy Aunt ..... Unusually for me, I am (almost) speechless.... It's probably my fault. My misspelling of Gibraltar must have confused you. I apologise.

apology accepted,actually your whole post confused me,just a deflection however i ask again,how many colonies does britain have in africa today?