UK PM Johnson appeals to party for support over controversial bill

rooster59

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Maybe you should explain how the one negates the other, especially in light of the explanation I provided in my post before. 

You’re really still hoping for Merkel and the German auto industry to come to your last-minute rescue on a white horse? Again, please refer to my previous reply to understand why that won’t happen, and why there won’t be a trade deal that goes against the single market. Just accept it and move on; the positions have been incompatible from the very beginning and we are just wasting time here. 

We have wasted our time with the EU for the last 4 years, the early years it was all snide remarks about May and the UK, has the EU now run out of the snide remarks and are now panicking like a man just about to be guillotined.

Let's just leave at David 1, Goliath nil. ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

What now you want a deal?

Before you were demanding WTO terms.

A weak attempt at deflection ????. My point was that all the EU needs to do is agree a fair, sensible, mutually beneficial FTA and all this nastiness and uncertainty goes away in an instant. They are once again cutting off their nose to spite their face. Of course, you will not answer why they won't agree to this because you know there is no logical reason other than pure, unadulterated spite (and fear of what the UK can do once cut free of their shackles).

As for you misrepresenting my position again (I know how you guys love a straw man since you cannot argue against my ACTUAL position), my preference has always been the following. 1 being most preferable.

1.  Absolutely no political or regulatory alignment and an FTA.

2. Absolutely no political or regulatory alignment and trade on WTO.

3. Absolutely minimal possible alignment and an FTA.

999. Remain in their grubby, corrupt, undemocratic organization.

The reason I have been hoping for WTO terms so vociferously is because I believe that Barnier is too stubborn, too intransigent and ultimately too spiteful to agree to option 1. So as a fair and reasonable individual who is always happy to compromise, I am fine with option 2.

Bottom line, I want out. Cut the cord. 100% free. Clean Brexit. No level playing field. No alignment. WTO or FTA is fine either way. Capeesh?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You could have left at any time. Same as we should have denied you all the extensions you desperately asked for. 

Brexiteers wanted to leave the day after the vote .

It was the Remainers, both in the UK and in the E.U , that delayed us leaving for as long as possible in the hope of the referendum being overturned .

Brexiteers were at E.U meetings, begging you not to allow us any more extensions 

• Thanks 1

I don’t care about your internal divisions. That’s your business. Get your <deleted> together internally or break up into Brexiteer land and Remainer land if you can’t unite, but that’s your business and not something you should bother us with. 

We have done, thanks .

Eventually we left , alls good 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

We have wasted our time with the EU for the last 4 years, the early years it was all snide remarks about May and the UK, has the EU now run out of the snide remarks and are now panicking like a man just about to be guillotined.

Let's just leave at David 1, Goliath nil. ????

Huh? The only ones making snide remarks at May were the brexiteers.

EU has been very clear from the beginning, the UK infighting has caused negotiations unclarity. The only ones who have wasted time are the EU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You could have left at any time. Same as we should have denied you all the extensions you desperately asked for. 

"We should have denied you all the extensions" and wanting our money are two different things, it was never going to happen, why do you think Verhofstadt was canvassing for the Lib/Dems for us to remain, why did he wear a t shirt with blox to brexit on it, the clues are all there, see if you can work it out.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, the divorce payment would have been due either way. 

Because he can. Same as you could have left at any time. 

Saying he can is not answering the reason he was doing it. Ok you're obviously not going to get it so I'll tell you, the EU didn't want us to leave. The EU would have moved hell and high water for us to remain, they probably still would, but the UK has crossed the Rubicon, you've missed your chance and you can go on as much as you want but it is too late. Auf wiedersehen.????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Still in lala land building castles in the sky. Project Reality is waiting, maybe with some no-deal and sanctions as the cherries on top. 

Tusk tusk

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

A weak attempt at deflection ????. My point was that all the EU needs to do is agree a fair, sensible, mutually beneficial FTA and all this nastiness and uncertainty goes away in an instant. They are once again cutting off their nose to spite their face. Of course, you will not answer why they won't agree to this because you know there is no logical reason other than pure, unadulterated spite (and fear of what the UK can do once cut free of their shackles).

As for you misrepresenting my position again (I know how you guys love a straw man since you cannot argue against my ACTUAL position), my preference has always been the following. 1 being most preferable.

1.  Absolutely no political or regulatory alignment and an FTA.

2. Absolutely no political or regulatory alignment and trade on WTO.

3. Absolutely minimal possible alignment and an FTA.

999. Remain in their grubby, corrupt, undemocratic organization.

The reason I have been hoping for WTO terms so vociferously is because I believe that Barnier is too stubborn, too intransigent and ultimately too spiteful to agree to option 1. So as a fair and reasonable individual who is always happy to compromise, I am fine with option 2.

Bottom line, I want out. Cut the cord. 100% free. Clean Brexit. No level playing field. No alignment. WTO or FTA is fine either way. Capeesh?

The EU does not need to do anything. It didnt throw the UK out. The UK voted to leave.

So we are agreed then? No deal.

Lets get on with it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The EU does not need to do anything. It didnt throw the UK out. The UK voted to leave.

So we are agreed then? No deal.

Lets get on with it.

It's the EU's precious single market that they're so worried about. If they don't want a fair, balanced FTA and prefer a hard border between North and South, they should shut up and build it. The UK won't, I can assure you of that.

As for agreeing on No Deal, please refer to my previous post. Your comprehension issues appear to have resurfaced (as they so often do when you cannot refute a genuine opinion, as opposed to one you have created on my behalf ????).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

What?

You listed three preferred options for leaving.

Tell me which one did you vote for given you guys all claim you knew what you were voting for?

Everyone is sick of you Brexiteers. You dont know what you want but blame the EU or remainers for not giving you what you want. Mays deal was as good as it got but you guys didnt want that either.

The UK will not build a hard border in Northern Ireland in the event of no deal? But Brexit was all about "Taking back control of our borders. Now you dont want that either?

Any idea how this looks to the people in the EU? At first there was a genuine hope that a reasonable divorce could be arrived at. Now the people in the EU just want rid of you. The leaders of the EU nations would probably gain popular support from their electorate if they just said "Enough. Take a hike UK".

Now wonder the negotiations are going so badly. Brexiteers seem to change their minds constantly. 

"Everyone is sick of the Brexiteers"......Using the words of 49,

"Have you got a link for that", because the last general election showed the opposite, comrade........????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

"Competent" and "able"; two words never knowingly ascribed to Johnson.

Boris Johnsons record on Brexit says quite the opposite, and you probably realise this anyway, just because he is driving the car and he aint going in your direction then all you have left is name calling.

• Like 2