In vitro virucidal activity of Echinaforce®, an Echinacea purpurea preparation, against coronaviruses, including common cold coronavirus 229E and SARS-CoV-2

Maestro

In vitro virucidal activity of Echinaforce®, an Echinacea purpurea preparation, against coronaviruses, including common cold coronavirus 229E and SARS-CoV-2

Published: 09 September 2020

Coronaviruses (CoVs) were long thought to only cause mild respiratory and gastrointestinal symptoms in humans but outbreaks of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)-CoV, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)-CoV-1, and the recently identified SARS-CoV-2 have cemented their zoonotic potential and their capacity to cause serious morbidity and mortality, with case fatality rates ranging from 4 to 35%. Currently, no specific prophylaxis or treatment is available for CoV infections. Therefore we investigated the virucidal and antiviral potential of Echinacea purpurea (Echinaforce®) against human coronavirus (HCoV) 229E, highly pathogenic MERS- and SARS-CoVs, as well as the newly identified SARS-CoV-2, in vitro.

Read full report: https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12985-020-01401-2

Very interesting study with promising conclusions.

The surprising thing is that such studies get airtime at all in the face of overwhelming bias (and consequent censorship of other views) towards the prevailing narrative that vaccines are the only hope.

I trust that more of such findings will emerge before the world is forced into mandatory vaccination of an insufficiently tested serums.

And I hope to see more attention placed on remedies that have been suggested but then falsely reported in the media and ridiculed. For example did you see that there's a new, very encouraging report based on an analysis of all studies already conducted that shows that hydroxychloroquine is consistently effective against Covid-19? Big surprise huh.

You can watch this short Sky News Aus news report on it here before giving a knee jerk reaction:

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6189052525001

"Sky News host Rowan Dean says the jury is in and says categorically “Hydroxychloroquine saves lives” and Australians must be given access to the drug. Mr Dean said Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly, along with his deputy Nick Coatsworth and Labor frontbencher Chris Bowen “stand condemned” for their continuous rejections of the drug. Mr Dean said “the jury says very clearly, if you look at all the studies … Hydroxychloroquine is consistently effective against COVID-19 when used early and in the right combination with other drugs."

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

offer your support for an unproven commercial product.

No GK, I did not offer my support to an unproven product. What I said was:

"Very interesting study with promising conclusions" and I stand firmly by that statement. It is up to all of us to read and research preventatives (such as boosting our immune system) and possible remedies (several of which may be taken together). I totally agree with one the UK’s most eminent jurists, Lord Sumption, former justice of the Supreme Court, who said in a BBC radio 4 interview:

"I am not a scientist, but it is the right and duty of every citizen to look and see what the scientists have said and to analyse it for themselves and to draw common sense conclusions. We are all perfectly capable of doing that and there’s no particular reason why the scientific nature of the problem should mean that we have to resign our liberty into the hands of scientists. We all have critical faculties and it is rather important in a moment of national panic that we should maintain them."

There is a world of difference between my actual statement and your interpretation of it. Maybe you are blinded by your support for vaccinations over other means of preventing infection, curing infection and mitigating against severe effects of infection, about which there have been many studies and reports from medical practitioners including virologists and emergency doctors on the frontline. I want to be able to read more about these alternatives and believe that ultimately they may prove to be more effective than vaccinations, none of which have been proven effective to date for Covid-19.

I see that you didn't comment on the recent hydroxychloroquine report. That's another interesting one with promising conclusions.

• Like 1