Pattaya: Tessakit on duty 24/7 to stop tourists being fleeced

webfact

Pattaya: Tessakit on duty 24/7 to stop tourists being fleeced

3pm1.jpg

A deputy mayor in Pattaya headed to Beach Road after social media was abuzz with the latest rip off filmed at the resort.

A group of 3-5 men had been caught on tape charging tourists to park in an area near the entrance to Walking Street by a pumping station. 

It is in fact free to park there as it is now all along Beach Road. 

Tourists both there and further along Beach Road have been coerced to pay fearing trouble if they didn't part with their money.

3pm3.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Ronnakit Ekkasing and his tessakit chief Jirawat were on the scene yesterday.

Ronnakit was blaming a group of homeless people for damaging the image of Pattaya. 

He explained that the area was a former site of offices that had been removed. He said that mayor Sontaya Khunpluem had decided that it was free to park there. 

The area would be marked out in bays for cars and motorcycles and a 24 hour tessakit (local authority) watch would be kept at the area to ensure tourists were not made to pay.  

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-15

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

Much too late..if you leave anything alone long enough it get,s ingrained...especially here where dual pricing/ripping off to foreigners is considered acceptable and the norm :whistling:

Locals get discount, do you disagree with that? Last year, I played at Melbourne golf club, $500 a round, $200 more than an Australian guest. When I went to Disneyworld, local yanks got in at a discounted price. IN Scotland, the same happens at castles and golf courses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Ronnakit was blaming a group of homeless people for damaging the image of Pattaya. 

They didn't look I'd imagine someone 'homeless' looks like. They appeared quite smart in the video.

But don't forget the old joke: 'damaging the image of Pattaya.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah! Must be much better that they do nothing and let it continue another 20+ years, right?

How much business has their inaction of the last 20 years cost them? 

Let's not forget, in the last 20 years Facebook etc has been invented, and one negative experience can be shared between hundreds, if not thousands, in 2 minutes.

As the case with many things here, they would rather make a quick illegal baht, than run a proper legitimate and sustainable operation.    

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

They didn't look I'd imagine someone 'homeless' looks like. They appeared quite smart in the video.

WHat vdo?

The one which was linked to in the report yesterday:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1182426-pattaya-rogues-still-ripping-off-tourists-for-parking-near-walking-street-reports-thai-media/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

That a hoot, the Tessakit are one of the worst offenders for rip off. Especially the 2000 baht hit for dropping a cigarette end!

As long as you did drop one.

Years ago in Bangkok I had a Tessakit guy try it on with me for dropping a cigarette end.

I laughed in his face and walked away. I was pretty cocky.

Why? I've never smoked in my life.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You have to give this guy credit

Anyone who can mention " damaging the image of Pattaya " with a straight face, must surely be an honest man  :cheesy::cheesy:????

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How much business has their inaction of the last 20 years cost them? 

Let's not forget, in the last 20 years Facebook etc has been invented, and one negative experience can be shared between hundreds, if not thousands, in 2 minutes.

As the case with many things here, they would rather make a quick illegal baht, than run a proper legitimate and sustainable operation.    

So, you are saying that it´s better to do same the next 20 years as well.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Where did I defend them? The only thing I asked was if it was better to do something late or leave it like it is? You avoided to answer that one.

They are not going to do anything. This article is pure bs and an attempt to make one official look like he's earning his salary. As soon as (or if) the tourist dollars start to flow, it will be business as usual. Thai authorities never focus on the big picture, although they sometimes like to give that impression.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

They are not going to do anything. This article is pure bs and an attempt to make one official look like he's earning his salary. As soon as (or if) the tourist dollars start to flow, it will be business as usual. Thai authorities never focus on the big picture, although they sometimes like to give that impression.

Even if it goes very slow, things change. If you can not see that, then you are blind.