Got my 1 year extension from agent. now what?

I was rejected for 1 year extension -marriage at Chaeng Watthana because 40k baht for 2 months was not accepted, imm officer wanted the impossible 12 months.

PeterDennis helped and referred me to an agent. Agent was great and now I have the extension stamp in my passport.

This is my first extension so I don't know what other things I need to do. I heard that I need to do some 90 days report. 90 days from what date?

Is there anything else I need to do?

Say in January 2021, Covid clears up and there are flights, can I leave the country amd re-enter under this 1 year extension? What paperwork do I need to do for this?

33 minutes ago, phungo said:

This is my first extension so I don't know what other things I need to do. I heard that I need to do some 90 days report. 90 days from what date?

You first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the day the extension was applied for and then ever 90 days after that unless you leave and re-enter the country and it would be due 90 days from the day you enter.

34 minutes ago, phungo said:

Say in January 2021, Covid clears up and there are flights, can I leave the country amd re-enter under this 1 year extension? What paperwork do I need to do for this?

You will need to apply for a re-entry permit before leaving the country. The fee is 1000 baht for a single and 3800 baht for a multiple.

You will complete a TM8 form with copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension stamp and TM6 departure card attached.

• Thanks 1

OP, given that the agent almost certainly processed your extension outside Bangkok, you would probably be advised to file a tm30 to update your address to your current address.  Otherwise, for the 90-day report you would need to have the agent file for you, but personally I would prefer to have my correct address on file. 

Some agents will also do the tm30 for you, so I would check with the agent first.  In Bangkok, after the first 90-day report you can do future reports online, but not sure about the process outside Bangkok (maybe the same, someone else can advise).

• Like 1