Girlfriend stole our 6 month old son, and we are not married.

kuzmabruk

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I would like to say she didn't steal him it's her son also, it depends on what you want to do, do you want custody of your son? I dont think thats going to happen seeing that you are a farang in any case difficult,

From the cases I have known over the years it all boils down to money I knew of one case the mother would agree to handing the son over for a fee of 250,000 Baht 

Im sure lots of guys on here will give you first hand experience but anyway Good Luck

couldn't she just steal the kid again and then sell him back again in the future??

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

couldn't she just steal the kid again and then sell him back again in the future??

Could happen I wouldn't put it past them, some years ago a girl I knew me and my mate reckon she sold the kid, along came a new truck, gold chains 

If you have been here a long time how many girls have you met who have kids and have been dumped back in the village? 

Well, no one likes to hear it, but you chose poorly.

You have no recourse other than coming to agreement with Mom.  But as others have stated send stuff, never send money.  Any money you send will be spent on a good life for her Thai man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Not if he gets her to acknowledge him  as the legal father at amphur first. Once he is recognised as the father ( and legitimises the birth) he then has leagal rights and joint custudy. He then can ask for sole custody by offering her money to notify the family court  or amphur the she gives up joint custody or prove that she is an unfit mother. Should also go immediately to his embassy and get passport for his child.

Edited by Tony125
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tony125 said:

Not if he gets her to acknowledge him  as the legal father at amphur. Once he is recognised as the father ( and legitimises the birth) he then has leagal rights and joint custudy. He then can ask for sole custody by offering her money to notify the family court  or amphur the she gives up joint custody or prove that she is an unfit mother.

You have to go the family court , not amphur , it’s not hard if partner is willing

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can’t believe the amount of people suggesting ‘walk away now’... or 'find someone new and make another kid’...

It's his Child <deleted>.....    are you guys so cold you can give up on and abandon your children so easily ?????

yes, hard to understand maybe but  yes

40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can’t believe the amount of people suggesting ‘walk away now’... or 'find someone new and make another kid’...

It's his Child <deleted>.....    are you guys so cold you can give up on and abandon your children so easily ?????

Responsibility in the age of Trump is not an easy concept for many people. It's me me me. Apologies if that is going off topic.

Provided a DNA test confirms my standing, I would always provide for any offspring of mine.

• Thanks 1

Does the OP imply he has lots of assets and the mom and family know this?  If this us the case and considering Thai people don't plan dor there futures bit live for Now!  They will think its all disposable money  so will expect half or something.  

I like the idea of not acting interested and no support and see if this brings her back.  Act like the big fish got off the line and let her check. 

i am not going to go to Isaan and steal him.  

You can't steal something that doesn't belong to you.

Is it possible that you were not the only guy she had sex with?

Why are you not married having a child?

Have you got proof that you're the biological father?

If not, please let it go. 

Edited by teacherclaire

16 hours ago, Preacher said:

Judges are reluctant to give you sole custody and you will definitely have to negotiate with the mother about that.

Maybe in the west, but not in Thailand.

I have two friends that went to court and got full custodial rights in Thailand.

Both needed to use a lawyer and it wasn't cheap nor quick! 

Both had good jobs and money so i'm positive that helped!

• Like 2

Sounds like someone wanted all the benefits without any of the responsibilities.  Now you want to be a father after-the-fact.

If being an active father is really that important, pay everything your ex wants.  But somehow I doubt you'll be opening your wallet.

21 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

if you want your son then you need to wait until she contacts you, if you want to help son then I suggest you send nappies and milk each month,

I would gamble and go the other way.... start hanging out with a new girl and make it known. Blast some money on her too and post pics on facebook. If your ex see that you blasting your money on another girl she will come back with your kid in tow to get her share before she loses out.

I am not sure what your financial position is. But this is a situation I ponder about occasionally, as I am also unmarried and have a 3.5 years old daughter with my Thai girlfriend.

Of course, you need to be able to communicate with your ex and from what I understand right now that's hard. But if she wants money from you, you can be sure she'll contact you soon. 

I believe if we ever separate, what I suggest is one of 2 options:

- I take care of our daughter. She will get good education. Will be able to support my girlfriend in the future. And I will make sure my girlfriend has some opportunities to meet our daughter. I might visit her village every month or she could visit wherever I am staying in Thailand. I would also send my girlfriend some money every month so her life is pretty easy. Perhaps 10.000 THB per month until our daughter is 18, but certainly not more. My girlfriend likes living on the Thai countryside near her farm, so that should be sufficient.

- Or she could take care of our daughter. I would warn her this might not be the best way to go. If she would get a new boyfriend, there's risk of abuse by stepfather. Our daughter as "luk khrueng" would fit in less with other students in school. Education in the countryside is worse, meaning worse opportunities in future. In this case I would support her with a bit more money every month, perhaps 25.000 THB until our daughter is 18. But support would stop immediately if I would find out about any abuse. And I would visit her at least once a month to see daughter.

So perhaps these plans could give you some ideas on what to do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, douglasspade said:
On 9/17/2020 at 9:39 AM, stupidfarang said:

if you want your son then you need to wait until she contacts you, if you want to help son then I suggest you send nappies and milk each month,

I would gamble and go the other way.... start hanging out with a new girl and make it known. Blast some money on her too and post pics on facebook. If your ex see that you blasting your money on another girl she will come back with your kid in tow to get her share before she loses out.

Facebook is so yesterday. The OP needs to get shopping on Tinder and when his never-wife see's it, she'll know what a total dipstick was banging her.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:52 AM, essox essox said:

should not have had the kid.....not being married....END OF STORY......

Hindsight is great, and he knows it was a mistake. But his situation and pain are real. 

Your stance is valid but not useful or relevant to the OP's present situation. 

I think your reply falls under the "if you don't have anything useful to say the just don't say it" category. 

Just be thankful you never made a mistake in life. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 8:45 AM, FritsSikkink said:

She is the legal guardian, so she stole nothing. Like said beforeShe is the legal guardian, so she stole nothing. Like said before get a lawyer, be legally recognized as the father first. Buying children gives you no rights at all. Ignore BritManToo when it comes to relationships as he has a huge chip on his shoulder.

Did your repeat button got stuck ?? Like said before , did your repeat button got stuck ?? Like said before , did your repeat button got stuck ?? Like said before , did your repeat button got stuck ?? 

5 hours ago, douglasspade said:

Got and visit your ex with your new girlfriend that would go down well

• Haha 1