5-year licence renewal - my Sept. 2020 experience

2long

56 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes they try that with everyone. Oldest trick in the book

I was still there waiting to pick it up. So I told her I should get 1 and copy it, she said can not. Only orginals accepted... Paid 600 and 3 photos. 

7 minutes ago, Xaos said:

I was still there waiting to pick it up. So I told her I should get 1 and copy it, she said can not. Only orginals accepted... Paid 600 and 3 photos. 

Too late. At the beginning, you just say you want 1 for motorbike licence 300 baht, end of story. Then when she gives it to you you get a copy from photocopier boy 3 baht

Edited by scubascuba3

57 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Too late. At the beginning, you just say you want 1 for motorbike licence 300 baht, end of story. Then when she gives it to you you get a copy from photocopier boy 3 baht

Yea 

Not sure but when asked she said they dont accept copies. 

On 10/9/2020 at 9:58 AM, Xaos said:

I was charged 600 for residence certificate for both car and bike. Is this correct fee? Thought was 200 

I wasn't charged anything for the Certificate of Residence (for car license renewal) at the new Immigration place at Muang Thong Thani/Impact Arena, but they did charge me 200 baht for the EMS fees. Applied for the certificate on October 1 and was told it would take 3 weeks - it arrived on Saturday 10th.

Is there a specific form required, when you renew your 5 yr. car driving  licence ? If so, can you download it? what paperwork do you need to bring to IO in order to get a certificate of residence for the licence renewal? can you order it and pay the fee online? It is a 250 km round trip each time, so I'm trying to make it easier - my wife has a really bad back.

Edited by paddypower

4 hours ago, paddypower said:

Is there a specific form required, when you renew your 5 yr. car driving  licence ? If so, can you download it? what paperwork do you need to bring to IO in order to get a certificate of residence for the licence renewal? can you order it and pay the fee online? It is a 250 km round trip each time, so I'm trying to make it easier - my wife has a really bad back.

I renewed mine and only needed my yellow book & pink ID card. I was told at one office I needed the C of R but at Lat Krabang I did not.

Where are you, and is it 250km to the immigration office or to the DLT or both? If you're close to the DLT I would just go down and try.