New grand plan to bring tourists back to Thailand in fallout of COVID-19

webfact

6 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

Where are all these Tourists going? Pattaya and Patong and Koh Samui, are like ghost towns!

Into quarantine and then a hotel with deep pockets that got the connections. After the mandatory 30 day waste of money they will be happy to leave the disaster zone.

Edited by MadMac

21 minutes ago, Elkski said:

So thais are enjoying hotels at what 10% or 25% of regular cost but these quarantine hotels are going to be 5000-7000 baht a night?  And you have to book through some Thai travel agencies who have agreed to pass the browns  around. 

Do yiu also have to book your stay after the 14 days  through these travel agents.  

Not going to work Bangkok boys.   Yiu lucky guys there now.  Enjoy the low cost everything without crowds or competition.   It must be sweet.  

Will the 90 day extensioms also require showing booked hotels etc?

2 minutes ago, ian007 said:

No mention of the CV-19 insurance policy everyone will need to cover costs up to 100.000 USD...  Just to make it a little bit more ridiculous...

i didn't see that on the requirements for the 100.000 $ or the covid cover 

There are far too many nice places to go without being rich. These Thai tourism gurus seem to think Thailand is far superior to any where else in the world and nice as it is it not .People are not going to beg to come here and put up with all the stupid rules. All just lined up to come here. ? I don't think so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iyoung said:

You forgot the prepaid place of stay after lock up. 9 months ?

The visa is for three 3 month renewals. They won’t know how long you want to stay. Say you will stay the minimum 30 days and prepay that month. As you exend it, you prepay more. At least that is how I interpret it.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is now busy preparing “14 days of fun” programmes to help international tourists enjoy themselves during quarantine.

Oh my Buddha! Can you imagine being trapped in a room and having to endure two weeks of TAT's idea of fun? Thai soap operas 24-hours a day that cannot be switched off, an eat-all-you can koi pla buffet, lao kao drinking competitions, and reading the collected works of Chairman Prayut. I'm sure many rich people in the West would welcome these deep insights into Thai culture, lol.

• Haha 2

What is about retired person with 1 year retirement visa? My  1 year retirement visa expires 18th Dec. and I want return to my house before. If they want attract tourists for 30 days, it must be possible for 1 year visa holder as well! Is there some regulation?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

For ten years now Thailand has has strategy to shift from low spend backpacker and retirees to high spend richer tourists.

Why do they think it's going to work now when they've already introduced the Thai Elite Visa? How many people get the Elite visa every year? I think I read it's like 1000-4000. That's realistically the same general population who's going to pay up the ass to get back in under these current restrictions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alianware said:

Sad to know that thailand is a country of smile only for those deep pockets. Most of the ASQ hotels they offer are between 40000 - 80000 for 14 nights with only one breakfast. Farang who make long stay holiday have money but not prioritize luxus hotel. That money they could use for shopping or good food. I feel sorry for people who are beeing discriminate through this one side regulation. 

prayut's friends do not own hostels,sorry

Nonsensical stupidity. Lack of science. Fear mongering. Let us make your stay as uncomfortable as possible. And by the way, you cannot consume alcohol either, during your quarantine. Who comes up with this stuff, and why does the nation tolerate the nonsense, the utter incompetence, the malfeasance? How much longer will they tolerate the extremely regressive army?

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

So thais are enjoying hotels at what 10% or 25% of regular cost but these quarantine hotels are going to be 5000-7000 baht a night?  And you have to book through some Thai travel agencies who have agreed to pass the browns  around. 

Do yiu also have to book your stay after the 14 days  through these travel agents.  

Not going to work Bangkok boys.   Yiu lucky guys there now.  Enjoy the low cost everything without crowds or competition.   It must be sweet.  

There are different hotels.. On the low end it is around 3000 baht a night.

14 Day quarantines are a wonderful concept for two things; 1) Keeping Thailand free from possible Covid 19 re-infections from tourists, & 2) Keeping tourist free from ever considering Thailand as a possible tourist destination!  Only an insane tourist would consider spending 14 days of their valuable vacation time locked up as a prisoner in a government sanctioned quarantine facility!  Good Luck with that!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

First things first how much are you paying me to come with these ridiculous caveats two weeks incasuration and isolation don't come cheap you fools ???? 

...the strategy is to attract those individuals with more money than brains....not to mention the time required to spend it.

7 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

Where are all these Tourists going? Pattaya and Patong and Koh Samui, are like ghost towns!

Pattaya is currently for sure not a ghost town !

(however, if they don’t let in more tourists, sooner or later, a lot of businesses might give up - and with businesses, I don’t mean the party and red light area, but all that diverse infrastructure, eg. restaurants and cafés, which made Pattaya a place for all nations and tastes. Therefore, in not so far future, even the desired family, “quality”, tourists might stay away...)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I do believe they will have success in the Chinese sending proxies to buy up and into everything they can get their dirty little communist hands on securing yet another portion for the red flag and thus conquering another country with investments and eventually their populace. Thailand should beware of this as the Chinese have infiltrated everywhere they imaginable can. Made my old home of the Bay Area in California look like an ongoing China town.

I do not know of any business person who would go through their rules as there is no time for this charade of 14 day expensive quarantine, and this for normal foreigners who already have roots here yearning to get back home is a way to fleece them. The very wealthy maybe, but highly doubtful at that being more than a couple of hundred total.

I do know of many Thai now taking advantage of the hotel offerings here. For them it is a Buddha send to stay in a nice hotel for a very cheap price in a part of Thailand worth visiting for fun, as something they would never spend the money on or have as an experience.

Maybe so, but knowing California also I would say the majority is Latino. Anyway who decided ages ago to import the Chinese labor to build the railways ????????  

8 hours ago, webfact said:

and a hotel or apartment to stay at after completing their quarantine

I would hope that booking at a hotel for a few days is sufficient as if one doesn't already have a condo, people would like to look at different places before settling on one.

If a few days is all that is required why have this requirement especially since one may not now how long they will need to quarantine?