Entrance Exam Need

phuketsub

I just got informed that I will be starting a small class tomorrow to prepare some P6 students for high school entrance exams. I need some practice exams to give them, but am having trouble finding any online. I do have the English-Room.com website, but would prefer something I could download as a .docx or .pdf.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@Scott has participated in many of these discussions and may know where to acquire study material. Otherwise you may need to download the html version and open it as a word document for editing and formatting.

Some suggested lite reading:

Exams to move up from Prathom 6 to Mathayom 1
By bluesofa, December 22, 2016 in Primary & Secondary education

Students to be given access to electronic bank of past exam
By rooster59, February 5, 2017 in Thailand News

• Like 1

Thanks for your input, and hopefully @Scott will come across this and have further suggestions.

I am not really sure how to download the html version, though. I guess I could just take screenshots and put them into a .docx file.

4 hours ago, phuketsub said:

I just got informed that I will be starting a small class tomorrow to prepare some P6 students for high school entrance exams.

If you've been instructed to teach to the test then best to have copies or prior year tests and find study and practice tests as close to that in test-taking instruction and format as feasible.

"Teaching to the test" is a colloquial term for any
  method of education whose curriculum is heavily
  focused on preparing students for a standardized test.

It that is entrance to grade 7, then the exams would probbly be written by the actual school. Or do you mean the O-net exams? I think O-net exams can be foud online. But if the school it writing an exam, then each school may have tailored exams, so you probably won't find any of those online. 

High schools usually make their entrance examinations challenging to ask for a fee to "let them in" if the students have not enough points.

A lot of Thai teachers go through older tests while students make notes on what the right answer is.

If you want to look professional, make your test using CEFR level B 1 or B2.

You can use listening, reading, grammar, or comprehensive tests.

You can copy and paste the questions, or you teach it online and explain why the other answers are wrong. 

That's something Thai teachers never do. 

https://www.examenglish.com/B2/index.php

On 9/27/2020 at 8:37 AM, teacherclaire said:

High schools usually make their entrance examinations challenging to ask for a fee to "let them in" if the students have not enough points.

A lot of Thai teachers go through older tests while students make notes on what the right answer is.

If you want to look professional, make your test using CEFR level B 1 or B2.

You can use listening, reading, grammar, or comprehensive tests.

You can copy and paste the questions, or you teach it online and explain why the other answers are wrong. 

That's something Thai teachers never do. 

https://www.examenglish.com/B2/index.php

thanks. It's a shame that I used to have a few old exams from one of the top schools down here, but just can't seem to find it in the archives...anyway, that website is a good resource so thanks for the help...and have a good day.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...