30 day extension and then what?

I managed to obtain a support letter from FCDO to get a 30 day extension requirement that my local KK immigration insisted on.

I have primed my Mrs that it might not work I am prepared that I may have to leave. I know I will get back by hook or by crook but yes, it's unclear how this will happen but I'm under no illusions it will be like before. What will be, will be.

So on Thursday I will present this support letter and maybe get 30 days. Even though my immigration office stated they do not provide 1 year unmarried parent visa. I am going to advise them I am currently investigating multiple solutions to a long stay visa including education.

My question to my apparent community of experiences good hearted expats.

If I get that extension and your in KK which seems very lacking in terms of opportunity for visa through any parties. What would you do with that 30 day extension?

Just let it run its course and leave?

Bank on a new development in a rapidly changing environment?

Jump to an area with multiple options?

I will take my unofficial still married wife and our son away for a quick break and then I'm ready to go to war and use that 30 days as a platform to get 3 more months.

I do have to return for a month or two but I have no pressing matter that cannot wait.

Give me all you got.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Thanks for the response. I have used the 60 already.

You could ask them about doing a 2nd one. Some offices have already done a 2nd one.

Immigration can use this in immigration order  327/2557 to do it if you meet all the other requirements in clause 2.24 of the order.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

It is the one just before the signature here in Thai.  Pages 1 to 2 of Order 327 2557 in Thai.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ubonjoe some people have mentioned that if you use the 30-day emergency letter when entry was based on a non-imm visa, that you cannot then get a different extension.  Do you if this is correct?  If I used an embassy letter to get 30 days, could I then apply for the 60-day to visit family later? Have you seen anything official that might support this?

11 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

I get that extension and your in KK which seems very lacking in terms of opportunity for visa through any parties. What would you do with that 30 day extension

One of the biggest visa agent is in KK. People from all over Thailand came here. As with more agency, the deadline to apply for certain visa was two weeks ago.

I plan to go to KK immigration early in the morning as well with my US embassy letter. Without getting my hopes too high, I'm expecting to probably get the 30 day extension based on feedback from everyone else, but I'm not sure what my next course of action will be. Possibly use an agent to get a longer visa if at all possible. Also, I think there's still a chance things may change being that this Covid situation is so fluid and the colder months are coming to many countries.

I'm not married (have a Thai gf) and entered on a 60 day tourist visa early in the year.

I may PM the above poster about the KK agent.????

2 hours ago, RedCardinal said:

@ubonjoe some people have mentioned that if you use the 30-day emergency letter when entry was based on a non-imm visa, that you cannot then get a different extension.  Do you if this is correct?  If I used an embassy letter to get 30 days, could I then apply for the 60-day to visit family later? Have you seen anything official that might support this?

The 30 day extension would be an extension of the same non immigrant visa permit to stay from a entry with one.

There is no reasons you could not apply for another extension if you qualified for one. Of course a few odd offices might say no.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could ask them about doing a 2nd one. Some offices have already done a 2nd one.

Immigration can use this in immigration order  327/2557 to do it if you meet all the other requirements in clause 2.24 of the order.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

It is the one just before the signature here in Thai.  Pages 1 to 2 of Order 327 2557 in Thai.pdf

hello, can we have a list of offices that made a second 60 days extension ?

Why no clear information is available on this forum, isn't it named Thaivisa ?

thank you.

21 minutes ago, samtab said:

hello, can we have a list of offices that made a second 60 days extension ?

The reports have been scattered in more than one topic. So it is very hard to make list.

It is also a case of people not being able to do it at those offices since they more than likely would not be living there.

That is why I am posting the info to prove it is possible for a office can do a 2nd extension so people can inquire about it at their designated immigration office. And now I am including the info in Thai that shows it is really in the immigration order.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The reports have been scattered in more than one topic. So it is very hard to make list.

It is also a case of people not being able to do it at those offices since they more than likely would not be living there.

That is why I am posting the info to prove it is possible for a office can do a 2nd extension so people can inquire about it at their designated immigration office. And now I am including the info in Thai that shows it is really in the immigration order.

And now I have saved it so you can be sure I'll be pushing this forever. Thanks for that. Better late than never.

This is the situation. I have a NON O visa based on marriage. The visa is not due till the 13 th March next year. Stipulation for visa must leave country every 90 days to keep visa running I dont dispute this. But the borders are closed and i cannot even go home because of this isolation stuff in my own country. I am not saying i dont want to cross the border and i was happy to do that but i cant. Now the government is saying we must extend visa or leave. Tell me how can you extend a visa that is still in force. And when you cross the border no money changes hands You get a stamp and back in you come. Now if you look at it they are making you pay for something that was free before. The way this should of went People who have a NON O visa still in force and valid should of just been made to go to immigration and get a stamp every 90 days till visa runs out and then been given the option to extend 2 months That is how this should of went. People on Tourist Visas well I agree what the government is doing there They are just getting a free stay but we paid 5000 for our visas so we are not free loaders

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happyman567 said:

This is the situation. I have a NON O visa based on marriage. The visa is not due till the 13 th March next year. Stipulation for visa must leave country every 90 days to keep visa running I dont dispute this. But the borders are closed and i cannot even go home because of this isolation stuff in my own country. I am not saying i dont want to cross the border and i was happy to do that but i cant. Now the government is saying we must extend visa or leave. Tell me how can you extend a visa that is still in force. And when you cross the border no money changes hands You get a stamp and back in you come. Now if you look at it they are making you pay for something that was free before. The way this should of went People who have a NON O visa still in force and valid should of just been made to go to immigration and get a stamp every 90 days till visa runs out and then been given the option to extend 2 months That is how this should of went. People on Tourist Visas well I agree what the government is doing there They are just getting a free stay but we paid 5000 for our visas so we are not free loaders

you can like the rest of us do a yearly extension without leaving the country, a 60 day extension is also available to you, posts regarding this are on this thread

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happyman567 said:

You have a ME visa which permits stay of 90 days with the exceptional circumstances of covid and you know that.

You could visit an immigration office, apply for the 60 day extension, put 400K in a bank account and apply for a marriage extension for one year without leaving the country?

Edited by userabcd

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

you can like the rest of us do a yearly extension without leaving the country, a 60 day extension is also available to you, posts regarding this are on this thread

The point I am making and I guess I will do the extension is that we are paying for an extension on visa because of circumstances when before just cross border get stamp no payment I The visa is still in force it has been paid for? Or you pay 5000 for visa and it is just a worthless piece of paper

31 minutes ago, userabcd said:

You have a ME visa which permits stay of 90 days with the exceptional circumstances of covid and you know that.

You could visit an immigration office, apply for the 60 day extension, put 400K in a bank account and apply for a marriage extension for one year without leaving the country?

See you missed my point thats ok You are paying for a extension that you did not pay for before Ok no worries carry on

i know what you are saying but its wrong. Tell me why cant they just out a stamp on Non O visas till the visa runs out and then you can do extension That is how they are suppose to work When you crossed the border and come back in it cost nothing. But here you are paying

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Happyman567 said:

i know what you are saying but its wrong. Tell me why cant they just out a stamp on Non O visas till the visa runs out and then you can do extension That is how they are suppose to work When you crossed the border and come back in it cost nothing. But here you are paying

the reason you cant they just out a stamp on Non O visas till the visa runs out, is that its against the immigration rules, they do allow ' family' 60 day extensions.

to come up with individual solutions for each person based on the visa they hold would be almost impossible,

i think Thailand has been more than fair in the rules they have introduced to cover covid,  a 30 day and 60 day VE & Tourst visa entry has been, free of charge, extended to 6 months under the amnesty, non imm 'family' visa entries have been given the 90 days + amnesty + 60 day 'family' extension, its about time 6 months down the line for people to take control of their own long term travel plans, instead of expecting the Thai Government, (who to be honest have a lot more on their plate to worry about,) to sort it out

it costs more to travel to the border, pay the visa fee and any' fine' for the country being entered than it does for an extension within Thailand, Thailand has given all that need it  6 months of free 'extension' under the amnesty, i do believe any civilised country is refusing entry to its citizens, 

the reason you cant they just out a stamp on Non O visas till the visa runs out, is that its against the immigration rules, they do allow ' family' 60 day extensions.

to come up with individual solutions for each person based on the visa they hold would be almost impossible,

i think Thailand has been more than fair in the rules they have introduced to cover covid,  a 30 day and 60 day VE & Tourst visa entry has been, free of charge, extended to 6 months under the amnesty, non imm 'family' visa entries have been given the 90 days + amnesty + 60 day 'family' extension, its about time 6 months down the line for people to take control of their own long term travel plans, instead of expecting the Thai Government, (who to be honest have a lot more on their plate to worry about,) to sort it out

it costs more to travel to the border, pay the visa fee and any' fine' for the country being entered than it does for an extension within Thailand, Thailand has given all that need it  6 months of free 'extension' under the amnesty, i do believe any civilised country is refusing entry to its citizens, 

Look they were very kind when it came to Visas and they did look after the ones that were on Tourist Visas and they should make them pay. But us NON O visa holders are in a catch 22 situation  We are not looking to get out of getting a visa but these are extraordinary times  Nobody saw this virus coming. Ok never mind we can argue till the cows come home and thank you for your input it is what it is Who knows what the future holds