Thai immigration reminds foreigners: Time is running out to renew your visas

webfact

42 minutes ago, sitti said:

They had 6 months to deal with visa. Yet some people aren't prepared for it, unbelievable. Even if they had given these people a full year, they still wouldn't do a thing until last minute, and resume complaining and blaming others???? As more time passes, whatever the excuses they keep coming up with for why they can't meet the requirements and it's not their fault (as always) become less convincing.

lets be honest, at this point you couldn't persuade these people to leave with a free business class seat and a complimentary happy ending in the vip lounge

the game is to stay not to leave.

always has been

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ganesh108 said:

If I may be allowed to add to my own quote:

This is really a golden PR opportunity for Thailand. Imagine Thailand saying: Look, world, there are 150,000 foreigners in our country, they don't want to leave, because it's so safe and cozy here, we'll let them be our honored guests until 2021 (add month or date)'.

This would be an ad man's dream. The TAT could play on this to the hilt. But tell it to the stiffs in brown ...

Yes *Come and visit Thailand , see the golden beaches, the delicious food and the 150 000 felangs hanging around doing nothing*

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, I did what I have been told to do and applied for and received a 60-day extension on my marriage visa. I applied at Kalasin and it was pretty quiet. Bangkok has its thousands of Japanese, but Kalasin is mostly Lao. Only three or four of us farangs there. A very pleasant and quite attractive girl acted as the receptionist, and I was in and out within an hour or so.

I asked about my visa expiring in November, and she told me that, effectively, the visa is no longer valid anyway with the amnesty that has been in place and now the extension given. That makes sense, but I don't think that has been mentioned in any forum I've read. She also worked out the date I need to deposit 400,000 by for what is bound to be an inevitable year extension come the tail end of November (it's the 25th, two days from now).

She told me, with a straight face, that I had the option of going to Laos, spending 15 days in quarantine there, and then returning for 14 days quarantine in Thailand. I think I love her. At least she covered all the options for me.

But what does his attractive girl who evidently is a goose say, if your marriage visa expires in November why go to Laos when then renew it here in Thailand without going out.

15 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

One day someone with a brain will work at Thai immigration. Maybe not soon but you cannot have morons on it forever. Tides change.

They had someone with half a brain, now he's suing the PM. It's all a big joke.

Stock photo or not, it does come from Prayuth's propagandistic machine, called Naew Na.

If you were a regular Thai and saw this, what would you understand when you see the combination of Immigration and machine guns?

That foreigners are a grave danger for the nation, right?

Is it not clear to everybody by now, that they want ALL foreigners out?

They trashed them for 6 years in the media, Prayuth even got dressed in traditional Thai costumes with Thai actors, to promote Thainess, nationalism, and xenophobia.

Do you people think the people in power care about 150K foreigners departing Thailand? Or do you think they care about what's good for Thailand?

They only care about what's good for them, which is to stay in power, applying the communist method, especially during these times, when it smells like a revolution is pending.

Foreigners are out of the picture. Period.

• Thanks 1

well we have had a fair warning and plenty of time to either go home or get a long term visa.

there have been flights to australia that they could not fill, so the Aussies cannot complain, they had heaps of chances.

It is easy to sit and complain about the government but have the complainers really TRIED to get home ?

anybody caught after the deadline deserves it.

Also Falang should not be so self centred, the world does not revolve around them, how many Asians from places like Myanmar, Laos & Cambodia will also be affected by these rules ?

Personally i didn't take the chance and got out last month.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moose7117 said:

yes i am completely in the dark about the situation.

I landed in Thailand in February of this year and flew out last month.

I sat and watched while we were given amnesties and decided to get out when they said times up.

If you stayed...... well bad luck..... you had your chances to get out so, Som Nom Nah !

yes it seems that we are different, I have balls !

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, samtab said:

yes it seems that we are different, I have balls !

Not By the sound of it !

I Returned to my place of employment, not by choice, slave to the mighty dollar as i too young to retire.

Edited by moose7117
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

Why are some complaining that the IO is telling people to make sure they have the correct visa.

The free visa period will cease .....    it's not rocket science  !!

...it is throughout the whinging Farang circles, whom consider themselves terribly special.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Do you think Thailand has the money to support tourists with such free handouts like you've suggested? Wouldn't that money be better spent on the locals who are currently struggling to makes ends meat? 

these tourists have already had 6 months free in the country with these extensions. In my opinion Thailand has been more than generous. 

Thailand has been less generous than most other countries in South or Southeast Asia. I'm tired of naming them for those people you are not very well informed.

• Confused 2

Was at immigration today, was one SSF receipt short of renewing a Non-B, I asked what to do because I don't have enough time, immigration officer said not to worry just stay and check the immigration website in a few days for an extension. BUT I have a letter saying I cant go home and a Work Permit...If this helps anyone.

The immigration experience was so terrible and they are extreamly rude when they did extend it, it tooks two days over my visa expiry as I was in hospital after being very sick and in intensive care for a week.  Sitting in the car park was so distressing to me.... they refused the fact it was there fault and being a complete failure and charged me overstay, even with my proof.. I decided after all these years I was not prepared to be treated in this way again by immigration ... Additionally why such a threatening picture? Thailand has left a very sour taste to me and when people ask me should they visit I will tell them to avoid it like the plague and go to Boracay, Philippines... its got real bad there now... my Thai family will follow in due course... they are wanting out of there own country now, says it all...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Adelphi said:

Utterly ridiculous how they have posed for this photograph.  Although it says everything about how they view foreigners who are almost never violent even if they have overstayed.  They really are determined to make it clear that foreigners are the enemy.  Welcome to Amazing Thailand.  Over 30 years ago we used to refer to it as the land of smiles - what a joke that is now.

It’s going too be a ghost town ,

no common sense what so ever ,ok low COVID 19;

but no money no honey

Thailand, Land of Smiles,  but what is behind the smile, that is the question.

It is the same all over the world actually.  Good luck to the procrastinators,

your time is up.  Get busy orgo home, simple solution. Whinning and crying now

is too late. Get your paper work done or over stay and see how that works for

you.

Geezer

• Like 1

22 hours ago, watso63 said:

6 months sitting on their hands despite being given plenty of warning about what will happen post amnesty. Those taking advantage of the situation that never obtained further permission to stay are now crying like babies blaming Immigration for following the law of the land. One group I do have sympathy for however are those that have businesses here finding themselves in a virtually impossible situation, on the verge of losing everything and facing deportation to boot.

I PAID 25,000 BAHT FOR 15 MONTHS retirement visa now im thinking why did i bother i was rushed into it i could have just got the special 3 month visa for 2000 baht , immigration scammers 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, mrmrmred said:

The immigration experience was so terrible and they are extreamly rude when they did extend it, it tooks two days over my visa expiry as I was in hospital after being very sick and in intensive care for a week.  Sitting in the car park was so distressing to me.... they refused the fact it was there fault and being a complete failure and charged me overstay, even with my proof.. I decided after all these years I was not prepared to be treated in this way again by immigration ... Additionally why such a threatening picture? Thailand has left a very sour taste to me and when people ask me should they visit I will tell them to avoid it like the plague and go to Boracay, Philippines... its got real bad there now... my Thai family will follow in due course... they are wanting out of there own country now, says it all...

ok bye. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, mrmrmred said:

I decided after all these years I was not prepared to be treated in this way again by immigration

Fair enough. 

We all have our specific limits of what we are preprare to endure;

and then act accordingly.