Thai immigration reminds foreigners: Time is running out to renew your visas

webfact

18 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I wonder if countries around the world who have Thais on an amnesty will  

now treat them in the same way as Thailand is doing towards the foreigners stuck here in the Kingdom

No one is "stuck" in Thailand...there have been commercial and foreign government sponsored repatriation flights out of the country throughout the pandemic. Any foreigners in Thailand are here by their own choice.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, davidmann said:

First went to thailand. 1978.   , Visa was easy. ,exchange rate good. ,  nice place to be , now i wonder why people wish to go there or even stay there , and today to get in like trying to jump  through ring fire ,is called Fire wall today 

Because it's still pretty much the same (with the added bonus of virtually no Covid cases).

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've yet to hear of a logical argument for forcing people who were lured to Thailand by the lies of TAT, who are no harm to anyone, who are spending money and supporting Thai businesses daily in shops, hotels/boarding houses, eating in restaurants and cafes being told to get out of the country. Getting the right visa would be good - how about offering one for an unlimited stay and thank you for wanting to spend your money in our country.

150,000 remaining "tourists" (out of 40M annually) are going to prop-up the Thai economy with their spending?

On 9/23/2020 at 5:39 AM, steven100 said:

Why are some complaining that the IO is telling people to make sure they have the correct visa.

The free visa period will cease .....    it's not rocket science  !!

Yeah that's not the problem, the problem is why have a picture with uniformed bemedaled nobodys and the SWAT team behind them when we all know that most ladyboys have seen more action than them......   Infact Thailands military record is probably one of the most ridiculous ones in the world.......... You're not so good at Muay Thai nowadays either ..........  Joke land......... without the laugh.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

150,000 remaining "tourists" (out of 40M annually) are going to prop-up the Thai economy with their spending?

Tourists aren't supposed to be doing any work, right? They came here for holidays of a couple of weeks but ended up spending over 6 months. I wonder what kind of tourists that aren't able to use pocket change to pay for Elite Visa would have savings to last 6+ months in a foreign country, living in hotels, and substantially support the local economy? To me, that would be someone coming for 2 weeks vacation with a million+ baht in the pocket. Such a person should be easily able to afford Elite visa, at least 5 year one which costs half that amount. And don't these people have jobs in their home country? If I told my boss that unfortunately I can't come to work for half a year because I'm stuck in another country I would get sacked after a week of absence. So really these people stuck here that are retired (and retirement age in other countries is higher than 50) you'd understand to have a problem but they aren't tourists. They came here for long stay, and should have applied for long stay visa like Non-O. Those that are younger, apparently have jobs - I'd like explanation how they perform no work whatsoever (and "work" would include all digital nomads, which I know has been lots of u-turns on whether work permit is needed or not), how are they able to support themselves? Lastly - I was told this by the tax department - if you live in country over 180 days in a year, you are considered Thai Tax Citizen. Which means you need to declare ALL your income, including your overseas income, to the Thai Revenue Department, and pay tax on it. So, are all these "tourists" that receive income from abroad declaring and paying taxes in Thailand? They've stayed here over 180 days this year by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Again...the Immigration Bureau is a POLICE agency...not a tourism promotion board. What other background should they have? If you need touchy feely pics of friendly officials and temples and beaches checkout the TAT website.

This is what happens when you don't have an action man as a kid..........  You grow up to BE one........ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Onrai said:

For the disgruntled, indignant-It might be wise to remember Thailand stands in splendid isolation as the only SE Asian country that offers a free 30 day tourist visa. Then there has been a visa amnesty, originally set to expire July 28, and renewed until September 26. I always try to compare what is happening here to what is common practice in other countries. My guess is if you were stuck in the USA-you’d be paying fines and penalties with no grace period. I think Thailand has been exceptionally fair. They could have charged for each month’s extension and didn’t. 

Wrong. Malaysia gives 3 months free on arrival.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Again...the Immigration Bureau is a POLICE agency...not a tourism promotion board. What other background should they have? If you need touchy feely pics of friendly officials and temples and beaches checkout the TAT website.

Believe me, You have not understood the bottom of my post, sorry for you. ????

Edited by Tarteso

It seems that the letter from the Embassy is not excepted by the immigration's, unless you collect it in person. It must have a boded stamp on it. 

To receive this letter by email and then print out to take to the embassy is no good what so ever.

1 hour ago, ray666 said:

It seems that the letter from the Embassy is not excepted by the immigration's, unless you collect it in person. It must have a boded stamp on it. 

To receive this letter by email and then print out to take to the embassy is no good what so ever.

At which location were you denied using a printed email from the embassy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray666 said:

Yeah...immigration are onto the fake letter scam...only have your fellow foreigners to blame for that.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

I PAID 25,000 BAHT FOR 15 MONTHS retirement visa now im thinking why did i bother i was rushed into it i could have just got the special 3 month visa for 2000 baht , immigration scammers 

Those 3 month visas are not available from within Thailand , you would need to apply from an Embassy abroad 

OMG!!!!!   What have these lazy dirty drinking sexpats been doing for 6 months???

Let me tell you what I've done:

1.  wrote a bestseller, made only 100 million baht.  sold well in Siberia

2.  saved 198 elephants

3.  built 11 houses with my bare hands

4.  created a school for 100,000 poor kids

5.  flew to mars, and back

6.  bought and sold gold, made an extra 11 billion baht

7.  created the slogan, "Black Lives Matter."

Thailand could give you 1000000 zillion years, and some people just don't get it...

note:  this was written by my AI secretary made from nanoelectricneutrons

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ray666 said:

I used an Embassy letter to get a visa extensions and I used a downloaded copy , get a colour photocopy done