Quarantine could be reduced to SEVEN days if STV plans successful: Tourism Minister

webfact

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

Why don't you let tourist already here be able to buy an extension inside the country?

AFAIK, with Agents you could buy a Voluntier Visa, also Education Visa could be had. Not cheap, but not expensive either imho. If somebody could not afford one of these, he probably would not contribute much to the economy anyway. 

• Sad 1

i got it i got it,we cut it to 7 days and double the price of the quarantine hotels,ahhh yu thought youd cheat us didnt you .well we are far too smart for dat.get your money out your dirty foreign swine and you gotta pay.like you know you should and stop whining and bleating as we know and so do you theres millions out der just banging the doors down and also theres loads with businesses and familys that have gotta come back so we got you right there by the short and curlies,you pay money now

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Meanwhile 1.000's of foreigners are preparing to leave next week as they cannot get permission to stay ...

Different arguement in entirety. In addition I hope they aren't leaving next week as the overstay will have already kicked in

TV readers with a decent memory will recall the articles here at outset of the amnesty that warned that when it was eventually terminated (tomorrow) those not leaving prior to that date would find the overstay was backdated to day 1

I'm amazed more haven't recalled it albeit many did here on couple threads last week

You can sell the 14 day quarantine as smart and following the science . The prepaid 90 day is just taking the <deleted> and should be forgotten as the embarassment that it is . 

Nothing worse than a government dealing with a crisis because it clearly exposes the fact that not many competent people actually run for office . 

1 hour ago, Flying Saucage said:

The government and the elite are not unified in their approach to handle the current crisis. Some of them lose a lot of money by keeping the borders closed and would like the country to reopen, others insist to keep it closed for political reasons and their own agenda, and for the later benefit of their generously bribe-paying Chinese friends.

It seems that Pipat and the TAT are at least trying to easy the situation. But their power to do so is very limited. It is Prayut and Prawit and likely some other more powerful people who block any attempt to reopen the borders. Soon their mouthpieces Yong and Thira of Chula University will announce again how dangerous and contagious we foreigners are, and this idea of Pipat will be buried. 

Do you know what, the borders are closed to save the health of the nation. The leadership do not want covid ripping through the people like in Indonesia next door.

They've made it this far and maybe this stance will change if the cavalry aren't in sight by year-end.

Otherwise, I'm expecting ultra-prudent evolution simply to keep the hoteliers in the cabinet quiet.

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Eh .! Did I not read somewhere the skies are still closed next mth and Oct 1st is next week .. hows that gonna work .. and are these like confirmed to arrive .. 

Its actually 15 days quarantine for the STVisa..I have a friend due to arrive Oct 02, chose to pay 88,000thb for his 2 weeks quarantine! but not on the STVisa, he is married to a Thai & has a work permit

• Like 2

Does this guy have some sort of cognitive disability? What he seems to be saying is that if our tried-and-tested quarantine procedures are effective, then we'll bin them and start taking short cuts instead. Either it's a poor translation or else he's feeble-minded.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

he is proposing to the government that 14 day quarantine comes down to just SEVEN days. 

Pretty sure there was some Thai 'super virologist' on here the other day claiming that someone had a 19 day issue and 14 was not enough. Now along comes the TAT with absolutely no knowledge on virology and declared 7 days ! Seems like the tail is wagging the dog ! again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eibot said:

Why don't you let tourist already here be able to buy an extension inside the country?

Furthermore what's the point of quarantine if you do it for 7 days. We already know due the the incubation time you need at least 14 days. You might aswell not quarantine since it will spread guaranteed within a 7 day window. 

The reason is only the money they want badly putting aside common sense, brain and logic and people’s life. 

• Thanks 1