"Domino effect" sees Phuket's tourism downturn affect all areas of the economy

webfact

On 10/3/2020 at 9:25 AM, ChipButty said:

Thai's never stop complaining about all nationalities over the years it's been one then another and when you can speak Thai it gets worse when you can hear the gossip I remember taking a couple of friends to the Similan islands it was full of Chinese and Russians I went to the cafe inside and the girl all she was doing was slagging them all off and pulling faces behind their backs, I bet she'd be on her hands and knee's begging them to come back now.

I remember sitting having my lunch in a place and 4 Thai's on the next table spent their whole lunch break slagging Farang off I didn't say anything until I got the bill when I asked for it in Thai then when I walked away I spoke to them in Thai.

Here in Bangkok, my neighbors complain 24/7, very loudly and in Thai (sometimes yelling at midnight), how the "falang" 'bring in Covid-19', even though the few Westerners who are still here haven't been out of the country since February. One can hear the same talk when eating out, shopping, etc. 

Xenophobia lives on, even more so in the pandemic. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, onebir said:

Are there any stats on how much gold the Thai population holds privately? (I think the population must be dipping into gold savings now?)

Those who have a chain might buy a few months more time only, even it be 6-12 months, nowhere enough. I actually think that is even the most scary part of this covid, people sell all their belongings off and use their savings, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Eventually that could only lead to a lot of crime and violence, I think.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Here in Bangkok, my neighbors complain 24/7, very loudly and in Thai (sometimes yelling at midnight), how the "falang" 'bring in Covid-19', even though the few Westerners who are still here haven't been out of the country since February. One can hear the same talk when eating out, shopping, etc. 

Xenophobia lives on, even more so in the pandemic. 

Sounds like the Fox news channel or the Fake President here in the states with the "China Virus" in reality the trump virus and his total and complete inaction and prevention, seems they openly encourage covid

• Confused 1