if i have cash saved up and want to deposit it in to my kasikorn bank account, what is the limit of how much i can deposit?

is there a limit of how much you can deposit to your account per day or something like that?

and can i just bring the cash to a local kasikorn bank and ask the office there to deposit it to my account for me?

Edited by thai boy

2 minutes ago, bellboy said:

I have often taken over £15000 [uk] after exchanging it. Deposited it Bangkok bank. With no problem.

do you deposit it through ATM machine or you bring the cash to the bank and ask them to deposit it for you?

I would guess the limit is more of how much money you have.
1 million baht cash per day is no problem. And if you can show where your money came from then even more is no problem at all!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Only problem could arise whenever you wish to transfer it out of Thailand again   if you do not have a proof of importing it by declaring it to  customs or by bank transfer 

do you mean if you wish to transfer it from your thai bank to the bank you have in your western country?

5 minutes ago, thai boy said:

do you mean if you wish to transfer it from your thai bank to the bank you have in your western country?

Yes but also in any transfer out of Thailand , not only to your home country , no problem if example you brought in cash by air travel and declared it by arrival to Thai customs  ( needed from 15000 USD  value in any foreign exchange value )

ThaiCashReportingForm.pdf

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, thai boy said:

is there a limit of how much you can deposit to your account per day or something like that?

There used to be a 2 million baht cash limit, I don't know if it's changed, it's a while ago I walked around with that level of cash, but a few years ago I had no problem with 800k baht in cash...????

Another question might be the individual bank's rules about "white washing" and "knowing customers"...:whistling: