Special Tour Train by TAT

rooster59

Special Tour Train by TAT

tat.JPG

BANGKOK, Oct 3 (TNA) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and partners have launched ‘new normal’ tour service on a special train. 

TAT, the Thai Hotels Association and tourism-related operators invited representatives of embassies in Thailand and chambers of commerce of many countries to board the special train from the Hua Lamphong station in Bangkok to Hua Hin district of Prachuap Khiri Khan.  

The guests traveled on special carriages where chefs from five-star hotels of the Dusit Thani Group served famous dishes of provinces as well as beverages all the way. 

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-553595

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-10-04

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

so many old bitter farang on Thaivisa everyday

Not old, and not the least bitter, just stating facts. As the Eastern & Oriental Express (E&O) is a luxury train operating in Singapore, Malaysia & Thailand, run by the same people who operate the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express to similar 5 star standards.  So if you ran these types of tours already, and someone else decided to try and copy the model would you not be the littlest bent.  However, this is Thailand and business models are always stolen and the originator forced out of business as they get undercut by the new competition.  

• Like 2

Just like in Mad Max having tied a person to the front of a car or truck, everyday they could pick a special member of the big boys to tie to the front of the locomotive to lead the way for each Amazing train ride. To make more funds they could sell tickets at every station for people who want to huck tomatoes at them having a winner chosen for the best hit. Now this is a winning idea.

Funning aside, good food sounds like a fun thing. Might be ok!

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, saakura said:

Why so bitter so early in the morning?

I was bitter last time I went on a Train here, window impossible to close, carriage doors tied back and the rear of the train just open to the track except for a bit of string, stopped at every station to let vendors on and (the express) took over 11 hours from Ubon. How many hours is it to HH, about 4?

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not old, and not the least bitter,

ha ha.. very funny... 

56 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

this is Thailand and business models are always stolen and the originator forced out of business as they get undercut by the new competition.  

you think this only happens in Thailand? Not bitter, except about Thailand... you just don't seem to be able to see it... 

7 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I do hope the vomit inducing term 'new normal' disappears fast. It will put me off everything with it in the name, much like 'boutique' did in the 90's.

Couldn't agree more, the phrase became a cliché almost as soon as it was coined.

'Craft beer' also has me looking for a pail. So too 'wild swimming' and 'wild camping'.

As for trains, give me the old open-air boneshakers of Thailand over those 250 km/hr aircon cylinders in China and elsewhere; they may be efficient but the fun factor is entirely missing for me.

Guess I'm just an old fudly-Dudley.

Edited by Pottinger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

ha ha.. very funny... 

you think this only happens in Thailand? Not bitter, except about Thailand... you just don't seem to be able to see it... 

Does not affect me one bit, just laying it out for a member who thinks this leader running this country is infallible.  I have no skin in the game, just think its funny someone would use a business model already out there and claim it as there own.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

so many old bitter farang on Thaivisa everyday

Yes indeed, maybe Thailand's "new normal" is getting at them! Over here in Cambodia "old normal" is still way of life despite borders being closed and sports events without spectators (eg. football).

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

That should get the tourists flocking back. After doing their 14 days quarantine where they have learned yoga and how to make a green chicken curry pizza, they can have a ride on a choo-choo train.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

....‘.new normal’ tour service on a special train...

...where chefs from five-star hotels of the Dusit Thani Group served...all the way. 

Yeah, that's how the "new normal" is seen by the leading class in this feudalist country.

• Confused 1

In the late 80's while working in Malaysia I travelled from K.L to Singapore by train, I must admit as it was quite cheap at the time I upgraded to first class, I found it a great experience and always promised myself that I would do Singapore to Bangkok one day when I retired and had the time.

I have never been on a train in Thailand yet but since reading that they have no beer onboard I don't think I will be taking the 3 day trip any time soon. ????

• Like 2