Ford Ranger service cost

9 minutes ago, happyaussie said:

Can anyone advise how much I should expect to pay for a 25,000km service on my Ford Ranger Wildtrack at a Ford dealer?

The service fees vary depending on the kilometres, so can range from 6,000 to 9,000 baht during the service warranty period. Your dealer should have a chart in the waiting room on the wall, take a snap next time your in there.

Once outside the 3 year or 100,000km warranty period do as I do and find a well known mechanic as your ongoing oil changes will be halved as will any part replacements.

Our ranger is 5 years old and apart from the usual 15,000km oil change, filter change, etc which costs us around 2,000 baht total for good oils being used and the other parts and labour are minimal when you require changing them,

Ford wanted 10,000 baht plus labour to replace the universal housing, the mechanic we use purchased the part (original) from his source in the Ford box for 3,500 baht and charged us 300 baht labour to change it, so Ford has a huge mark up on the product and labor, how else would do they survive.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ford wanted 10,000 baht plus labour to replace the universal housing, the mechanic we use purchased the part (original) from his source in the Ford box for 3,500 baht and charged us 300 baht labour to change it, so Ford has a huge mark up on the product and labor, how else would do they survive.

Whats the universal housing ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Whats the universal housing ?

I may have used different wording for the part, but that is how I used to know it, the old box sitting in the recycle bin shows it as a Damper Drive Shaft, it goes around the front of the drive shaft, they say you should change them around the 150,000 km mark otherwise they can break and cause you more damage, you will know when it needs changing as you will here a constant noise, well the wife did as I am almost stone deaf, but the eyesight for the eye candy still works just fine ????

Ford & Mazda Ford Ranger drive shaft vibration

FORD RANGER T6 / MAZDA BT-50 ('12 - '16) PROPELLER SHAFT DAMPER | Shopee  Malaysia

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I may have used different wording for the part, but that is how I used to know it, the old box sitting in the recycle bin shows it as a Damper Drive Shaft, it goes around the front of the drive shaft, they say you should change them around the 150,000 km mark otherwise they can break and cause you more damage, you will know when it needs changing as you will here a constant noise, well the wife did as I am almost stone deaf, but the eyesight for the eye candy still works just fine ????

Ford & Mazda Ford Ranger drive shaft vibration

FORD RANGER T6 / MAZDA BT-50 ('12 - '16) PROPELLER SHAFT DAMPER | Shopee  Malaysia

My 1973 Ford Granada had a similar gearbox end prop damper, but was mostly made of rubber, when they start to fail the car vibrates, similar to a UJ fail.

Not going to start a new thread, wastes time.

My Wildtrak has 40k on the clock, 3 years old.

Brakes are starting to squeak a little, & doubt the pads need replacing as I'm very gentle with braking.

Don't want to take it into Ford, until I have some idea of the issue.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing it?

@transam

Or anyone else.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Brakes are starting to squeak a little, & doubt the pads need replacing as I'm very gentle with braking.

@transam

Or anyone else.

Thanks.

Rotors may have become "polished", coupled with the pad "compound" can cause squealing.

If the pads are still good then I would suggest a good de-dust clean-up and copper grease or anti-squeal compound put on the back of the pads. Repairers like to promote skimming the rotors if the prob persists, which is not expensive to do because they have a machine that does the job without taking the disks off the ride..

• Thanks 1

My Wildtrak 3.2 is serviced at 15,000 km intervals. As is my 2.2 XLT.

Your post suggests a shortfall in the service periodicity. You could have an older model (which I believe should be serviced every 10,000 km) or a newer model with a service periodicity I'm unaware of.

There's also a recommended time periodicity stated in the handbook/service schedule.

Even so, lack of use can bring on defects/failures that would otherwise only be expected at a later date. Something I've recently experienced with my wife's sedan.

5 minutes ago, alacrity said:

My Wildtrak 3.2 is serviced at 15,000 km intervals. As is my 2.2 XLT.

Your post suggests a shortfall in the service periodicity. You could have an older model (which I believe should be serviced every 10,000 km) or a newer model with a service periodicity I'm unaware of.

There's also a recommended time periodicity stated in the handbook/service schedule.

Even so, lack of use can bring on defects/failures that would otherwise only be expected at a later date. Something I've recently experienced with my wife's sedan.

I purchased a PX1 Ranger the day they were released in Thailand in 2011, I purchased a 2020 PX3 Ranger 6 weeks ago.

Both had/have service intervals of 15,000km.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:35 AM, faraday said:

@transam

Or anyone else.

Thanks.

Have 2 Rangers.

Both squeal from the rear drums and have done so, for 3 years, toward the end of the monsoon season. Used to clean the drums. Now I live with it and it disappears shortly after the rains stop.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I purchased a PX1 Ranger the day they were released in Thailand in 2011, I purchased a 2020 PX3 Ranger 6 weeks ago.

Both had/have service intervals of 15,000km.

Thought the periodicity would be the same. Just couldn't be bothered checking.

What's your thoughts on the new(er) truck?

Had a test drive of a 'Raptor' a while back. Enjoyed the ride, but wasn't impressed by the drive train.

Just now, alacrity said:

Thought the periodicity would be the same. Just couldn't be bothered checking.

What's your thoughts on the new(er) truck?

Had a test drive of a 'Raptor' a while backwkildtrak). Enjoyed the ride, but wasn't impressed by the drive train.

Newer model definately more refined and "car like" versus the older one.

Had a Loaner Raptor for a few weeks, amazing pickup and loved it and whilst I could afford one I simply could not justify the price.

Would my 2 year old Ranger Wildtrack still be covered under warranty? If so, does that cover 25000km service? I expect to pay for consumables, oil etc. 

I like the idea of using independent mechanics but may as well warranty if applicable.