Thailand aims to become ASEAN’s No.1 herb exporter

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

This keeps the herb market growing significantly with little competition.

So why when I go to my local Big C why can I only find packets of ground chillies?

When I look for other natural herbs they are very limited in number, usually in a tiny over-priced bottle.

No fresh herbs at all.

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Aiming at a target and actually hitting it too are two completely different things.

And with a little retrospecting into all those past hubs that were aimed at but never achieved I have a pretty good idea how this one is likely going to pan out.

But we'll see.

I probably might be less cynical about these dreadful NNT news pieces if they'd finally do away with those over-used, annoying "hub" and "No. 1" words and instead resorted to terms like "intends to increase its exports of" or "more vigorously promote exports of" and similar constructs. 

Well he is supposed to be an Army General so he should be able to hit his targets if he practiced enough before!!! 5555????????????????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Price of chilli and coriander etc in India starting to drop due to falling demand being reported in the TOI.

Would that affect spice and herb exports from Thailand?

Well they are having a hard time selling their overpriced rice so the herbs will probably be overpriced. I buy most of herbs spices in Bangkok which are imported from India and cheaper than local Thai stuff

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

Well they are having a hard time selling their overpriced rice so the herbs will probably be overpriced. I buy most of herbs spices in Bangkok which are imported from India and cheaper than local Thai stuff

Best bargain prices for spices/herbs etc I found in the market in Penang. Might be a while before I get back there I reckon. ????

Lately I'm finding that I just can't handle chilli, even in small doses. I've never been able to eat corriander, I'm in the small % of people who get a horrible taste of soap from it.

Edited by overherebc