BBC World News

Gandtee

I've been streaming BBC World News for free using Livestream. Freeintertv and Easyview eu. for some time. This last week all three have either frozen or won't download.  I don't have a VPN. Is the problem because these sites have been blocked due maybe to reporting of sensitive subjects, or just blocked in Thailand? Is anyone here using these sites with no problems, or is it my computer playing up? Aljazeera no problem. Frustrated! 

14 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Any idea why I can't get it and a tip as to how I can?

Maybe try clearing cache/browsing history.  Could also try deleting the Cookies for those sites and re-accepting if required.

• Like 1

Stopped going to easyview.eu because when  clicking on the streams it was forcing a redirect to stream the bbc news on a webpage named ihavevirus.

Have seen there is also a website named planetnews.com/live which has BBC news live.

Edited by userabcd

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Stopped going to easyview.eu because when  clicking on the streams it was forcing a redirect to stream the bbc news on a webpage named ihavevirus.

Have seen there is also a website named planetnews.com/live which has BBC news live.

I did the same re ihavevirus. It seemed a fair warning. I've tried planetnews and I get the same thing, Stephen Sackur frozen in time. I think a trip to the computer shop is in order. Thanks for the suggestions. 

4 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Express VPN is USD 6 per month @ USD99 per year with 3 extra months. Why bother with all these 'free' sites.

6$ a month or 99$ for 15 months, I guess Express applies the Thai business logic, where you pay more per piece if you buy more pieces.

99/6 = 16.5

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

6$ a month or 99$ for 15 months, I guess Express applies the Thai business logic, where you pay more per piece if you buy more pieces.

99/6 = 16.5

Lets start again. $99 for 15 months = $6.60 a month. Sorry I was so inaccurate. OK, so $6.60 a month for a 100% safe VPN, voted the best one by many sites.

Edited by stouricks
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Lets start again. $99 for 15 months = $6.60 a month. Sorry I was so inaccurate. OK, so $6.60 a month for a 100% safe VPN, voted the best one by many sites.

The fact that you posted 6$ a month indicated to me that you could buy 1 month for $6.

Best is relative to how much they spend on "promotion" to the reviewers.

My VPN since 5 years cost 3000 Baht for lifetime on 5 devices, and has all the bells and whistles like WireGuard - Iplayer - Netflix - Amazon prime etc, and hasn't let me down once

Edited by Susco

Try Browsec free VPN, it has UK as one of its servers,

i used the paid version,and don't know if there will be

buffering with the free version, get it from google play store

and add it to your browser,easy to use.

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, Susco said:

The fact that you posted 6$ a month indicated to me that you could buy 1 month for $6.

Best is relative to how much they spend on "promotion" to the reviewers.

My VPN for 5 years cost 3000 Baht for lifetime on 5 devices, and has all the bells and whistles like WireGuard - Iplayer - Netflix - Amazon prime etc, and hasn't let me down once

Please go back and re-read my post as you may have got the wrong indication in your mind.

What does Bht 3000 for 5 years for a lifetime mean. You are only expecting to live another 5 years?   LOL

All the bells and whistles are OK if you subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime. That does not apply to iPlayer.

What is Wireguard. In 60s it was something to stop sparks from the coalfire shooting onto the carpet...............ooops sorry, that was a fireguard.

With Express I can be anywhere I want and get the geo sites.  

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Try Browsec free VPN, it has UK as one of its servers,

i used the paid version,and don't know if there will be

buffering with the free version, get it from google play store

and add it to your browser,easy to use.

regards worgeordie

OK, if it's free you'll get what you pay, or don't pay for, like security. Most VPNs are easy to use....you click which country you want to fool the Internet you are in, and it should do it's job.

I laugh when the VPN companies say 3000 servers in 100 countries. I personally would love one to say 10 servers in ONE country (UK).

Edited by stouricks

To go back to my original post as to whether the BBC streaming sites were working. I'm pretty sure it's my computer problem. Why? In a flash of inspiration I sorted out my old laptop and and could get easyview even though it's buffering. So it means a trip to the computer shop as I can't sort it. Without a VPN I've never had a problem up till now and I suspect I've interfered with things I shouldn't have. Thanks for all the suggestions.

12 hours ago, Gandtee said:

To go back to my original post as to whether the BBC streaming sites were working. I'm pretty sure it's my computer problem. Why? In a flash of inspiration I sorted out my old laptop and and could get easyview even though it's buffering. So it means a trip to the computer shop as I can't sort it. Without a VPN I've never had a problem up till now and I suspect I've interfered with things I shouldn't have. Thanks for all the suggestions.

My screenshot at Post 7 above was taken yesterday at 1800(ish) local Thai time without VPN!