Anguished trader posts CCTV footage of women defecating at night in Udon Thani market

webfact

Anguished trader posts CCTV footage of women defecating at night in Udon Thani market

By THE NATION

800_7b02f001d39f579.jpg?v=1601963040

A trader in Udon Thani province posted videos of women defecating before his stall in a market, saying it was unbearable for him that people visited the market in the night for vomiting or excreting.

Last week, three videos were posted in the Facebook group called "KumphawapiNews". The first two videos showed two women visiting a market at night at different times, and excreting in front of a stall. The last video showed a woman cleaning up the mess.

The video was posted by Mongkol Srivorakul, 49, a stall owner in Kumphawapi Market in Udon Thani. He said on Monday that the videos were recorded by his CCTV camera, and he had chosen footage where their faces were blurred, as it was not his intention to embarrass the women.

He added that there were people who visited the market at night for vomiting, urinating or excreting. And it was left to the traders to clean up the mess.

Mongkol said his aim in posting the videos was to raise awareness in people that this kind of action was not proper, and must not be repeated.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395697

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-06

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Was the trader's shop named "Poo Ping"?

I'm sorry, I'm not getting any of these jokes. In all likelihood these people are homeless (maybe you've heard Thailand's economy isn't doing too well at the moment) and simply have no other alternative for relieving themselves -- and they're probably doing so at night in the hope of having some privacy. I've lived in the lower Sukhumvit area of Bangkok for a number of years and witness daily how much worse the homeless situation has become. The difference is there's a place -- I think it's maybe the Nana gas station Mcdonalds -- that allows toilet and shower access for I've heard 10 baht.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Strange mentality; never mind about 'embarrassing ' the Women, that's exactly what's needed to make them realise how disgusting their behaviour is !

True really bad behavior, i would not do it but often a problem is that there are not too many toilets around. I doubt that people would choose to defecate outside if there were enough toilets close.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, donnacha said:

You should probably get that checked. Sense of humor loss can sometimes be a sign of more serious problems, such as incipient Alzheimer's.

More likely you should get your empathy checked if you think there's anything funny in these puerile 'jokes' about people in such desperate situations.

21 hours ago, Lodestone said:

I'm sorry, I'm not getting any of these jokes.

Edited by Lodestone
error

On 10/6/2020 at 12:49 PM, webfact said:

The video was posted by Mongkol Srivorakul, 49, a stall owner in Kumphawapi Market in Udon Thani. He said on Monday that the videos were recorded by his CCTV camera, and he had chosen footage where their faces were blurred, as it was not his intention to embarrass the women.

Maybe the market owners could invest a few baht in providing lavatories for their customers - which could be used even when the market is closed.

Q? - where do the market stall holders do their "business" and wash their hands during the day.