My Khon Kaen Marriage Extention Details

17 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

No need to give them extra unnecessary documentation.

You applied for a marriage extension. I think they care far more about proof of funds than whether you have a child or not. In the past, I never even heard of anyone suggesting they would ask for details about children. Besides, what if your children are all grown up and 30 or 40 years old? 

I had no idea on the documents they wanted as they never replied to emails, also if you look through the posts here on Thai Visa, one office wants this, the other doesn't. I would be happier leaving every 90 days. 

If my children were 30 or 40 years old, I would hope they did not live with me anymore or need support ????

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If using the 400k baht in the bank for 2 month there is no need for the proof.

I should have asked you Ubonjoe.. live and learn. Next year I will do children as dependents or this option.

Edited by CountryThai

21 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

My Bangkok Bank letters are always in English, and always accepted.

They will do them in English if you request it to be in English. 

I asked for mine to be in Thai to insure their would not be a problem with it.

3 hours ago, CountryThai said:

I did not know that and I searched for that information and I emailed the KK Office many times asking what would be easier. I should have asked UbonJoe. I will definately do this next year. Thanks for the information. 

You're welcome ???? 

On 10/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, CountryThai said:

I had no idea on the documents they wanted as they never replied to emails, also if you look through the posts here on Thai Visa, one office wants this, the other doesn't. I would be happier leaving every 90 days. 

If my children were 30 or 40 years old, I would hope they did not live with me anymore or need support ????

I understand. My point was never to volunteer such information. I've never heard of anyone being asked to provide evidence of having children when applying for a marriage extension. How can they even know you have children, unless some hint is given?

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 9:14 AM, ubonjoe said:

The standard bank letter is about the same at all banks. Here is an example of a Bangkok Bank letter. bank letter.pdf

Is it possible to get the bank letter and update within 24 hours of applying(afternoon before) or does it have to be on the day of going to immigration.

8 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Is it possible to get the bank letter and update within 24 hours of applying(afternoon before) or does it have to be on the day of going to immigration.

Most offices will accept a bank letter done the day before you apply (some will allow them to be older). But most want the bank book updated on the day you apply.

• Thanks 1

Is Ubon OK with that, and do you need a copy of the bankbook pages when applying for the 1 year extension at Ubon..?

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices will accept a bank letter done the day before you apply (some will allow them to be older). But most want the bank book updated on the day you apply.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks for that.

More questions,what size do the photo's(house pictures) have to be.

And road map to house(A4)?

Edited by farmerjo

25 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

More questions,what size do the photo's(house pictures) have to be.

And road map to house(A4)?

If print them yourself you can have 2 on one A4 paper. If individual photos (4 X 6") you need to glue them to a A4 sheet.

Hand drawn map on A4 paper.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If print them yourself you can have 2 on one A4 paper. If individual photos (4 X 6") you need to glue them to a A4 sheet.

Hand drawn map on A4 paper.

I downloaded an A4 Google map and marked my house on it....Thought it better and easier for me...????

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Does anyone know what is require for child extension? @ubonjoe

It varies from office to office but if married you would just need their birth certificate and copy of it, copies of their house book registry.

Also include them in the family photo showing the house number.

50 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This has to be done every year?

You need a printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry done at any Amphoe every year. Most offices want them to be recent not 6 months old. Some want to be no older than the day before.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need a printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry done at any Amphoe every year. Most offices want them to be recent not 6 months old. Some want to be no older than the day before.

Is this needed for the dependent extension? 

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not if your are applying for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai (a dependent extension does not exist).

OK thanks. 

I'm a bit confused as my wife was asked to go last year. But, I never had to keep the funds in the bank. 

I expect I could go without my wife, but will take her just in case. 

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

OK thanks. 

I'm a bit confused as my wife was asked to go last year. But, I never had to keep the funds in the bank. 

I expect I could go without my wife, but will take her just in case. 

If it’s a marriage extension, yes your wife needs to attend KK immigration office, it, like Udon, requires that the KR2 is less than 7 days old. The bank deposit can be used after your extension is granted for the marriage extension, you may be asked to keep it in the bank during the under consideration period.

for an extension based on Thai child/children the conditions are different.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not if your are applying for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai (a dependent extension does not exist).

Well my office asked for the kor Ror 2.

I said forget it and they grudgingly gave me a 2 month extension, which should hopefully be the last one I need. 

On 10/6/2020 at 5:46 PM, CountryThai said:

This is a rundown of my trip(s) to Khon Kaen Immigration for an extension by marriage. (The first time I have done this. Usually we leave every 90 days and go for a holiday, to Laos, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam and such but with Covid, I thought this was a good idea).

Firstly, all of the officers I dealt with were professional and courteous. Things seemed to be done by the book, with all “i’s” dotted and “t’s” crossed.

I also tried to call their office in excess of 50 times over a few weeks, I emailed around 20 times and received one generic reply with the most basic information that did not cover what was really needed.

I did mine using income (more than 40,000 baht a month transferred from abroad)

The documents needed were; (Once you have all these, photocopy them)

TM7 – filled in, signed and a photo attached.

Kor Sor 2 (Marriage certificate certified and dated no older than 6 months from local office)

A copy of your original marriage certificate.

Bank book, updated on the day I was applying for my visa. (Found that out in the office)

A letter from the bank (guarantees you bank with them and the amount transferred into the account.)

12 months of official statements from the bank (stamped and signed each page)

House book- copy of first page and wife’s name (also children if you have like I do)

And a rental agreement for the property you live at if you are not living at the house-book address of your wife.

Photos (6 in all) – One or two outside the property, showing the entrance, (Most important) a picture of you and the wife with the house number showing clearly. Some pictures inside the house in the living room, kitchen, dining room, (some will want bedroom, mine wasn’t needed ”I didn’t offer it”) I gave 6 in all.

Map or maps on how to get to your home from a major road.  (I used a good map and then drew the way using “Paint”.

Extra Paperwork she took from me.

Birth certificates of the children.

My foreign bank statements showing transfers to Thailand. (I was asked where my money came from, like what I did, I told her I was self-employed, I make my own money and transfer to myself. She asked if I had a letter from the company, proof of my work. I again explained and showed her the transfers from abroad and that I pay myself. Eventually this was fine.(So I thought)

Then you sign nearly all the paperwork (wife signs her documents and the photos).

I was then asked “Where/when did we first meet? How long have we been together? Was I working, a tourist when we first met?” She was completing a form in Thai. (I asked “What has this got to do with this visa, and she said it is information gathered for immigration.)

Eventually, I was asked to come back in 30 days to pick up the extension.

Then I got a call from the lady at immigration, late in the evening, she asked to speak to my wife and asked about my employment again. My wife was trying to explain to her. I took the phone and spoke to the lady and again explained, what I do to earn money, how I make and transfer money to myself. I work on the internet, I get paid in American dollars and other currencies at times but usually I only take US dollars. (I am sure she thinks I work in Thailand). I work on my computer in Thailand, but I pay taxes abroad, not here.)

Fast forward, 4 days, another phone call. I was asked to provided two witnesses at immigration in two days’ time at 10am, I explained I had clients and it would have to be the following week, preferably as early as possible. (I asked them about witnesses in my emails many times.) I took two people from the area I live, their house-book address must be the same area as you and their and ID cards (2 photo copies). Also, the name of your local Phu Yai Ban (Village head), and phone number. I went and he wrote something in Thai and also gave me a copy of his ID card. (On the day, it all went smoothly, they interviewed the witnesses and we went home.)

6 days before picking up my new visa, another call, we need proof of your employement, a letter from your company that you are employed and paid by them. (F#S). So, I typed a letter up on company stationery, stating I was employed by the company I own and run with my ABN number, printed it, signed it and sent it to them by registered email.

I eventually got a visa. I transferred 2.7 million baht into the country in the yearly statement from the bank, one month was only 45K and she mentioned that it was just over the minimum amount. I asked, why it mattered if one month was less than 40K but then the others were say 60, 80 or 100K, and the simple answer was “It is the requirement by law” (To me that is a little foolish).

I cannot do a retirement visa as I am too young; I could have brought 400K in 3 months before but apparently the paperwork in nigh the same.

It was a pain in the butt, but finally done. Sadly with Covid, I do not think the option of just flying out of Thailand or crossing a border for a few days or a week will be a normal thing for a long time to come. I would much rather do this, so much easier.

A follow up on Country Thai's report.

I went to Khon Kaen today.

Was the quietest i've ever seen there.

All the docs as above,but did the 400K in bank.

Took the Pui Yai Ban and his wife,at first the officer said not required as will call you to bring witnesses in a few days.The wife could see me boiling so she mentioned how far away we live.

Signed all the docs,officer said next time do retirement as less paper work(30 pages of visa's and stamps in passport lol)

Told to go have lunch and come back.

Went back and boss saw Pui Yai Ban and wife,told to go home and Line through pictures of them with us at our house.

Done and accepted so all going well go back on 12th December to pick up.

A pleasant experience in the end.Thanks to all who have helped with process here on TV. 

• Like 1