Foreign property owners now allowed to return to Thailand

rooster59

2 hours ago, Ganesh108 said:

The message is clear:

Never ever invest in property in Thailand. NEVER. You'll get screwed over one way or the other.

Or don't leave your country of residence (especially if it's not your country of citizenship) during a worldwide health pandemic and expect to be able to waltze back in at your own convenience. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Stay away your not wanted that’s the clear message that I’m reading . When I came to Thailand 14 years ago I was aware that things could go belly up but I took a gamble Yes that gamble could cost me 200k if I have to leave but I will bulldoze my property and just leave it as rubble if that’s my only choice .

The only message I get is Covid isn't wanted...what makes you think otherwise? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Money......????

So condo owners went from cannot return to can return if requirements are met.....Not really the Thai Governments issue if those foreigners are skint.... infact they are better off not coming back !!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Let me look into my crystal ball....

So, next they'll stop granting extensions to permit to stay, kick all the farangs out and force them to sell their inaccessible condos at rock bottom prices to the CCP buddies that get in without restrictions. 

The writing is on the wall.

Paranoid much?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I'm living in and enjoying my Thai property right now; nothing is stopping people from using their property except their own travels during a pandemic. And of course, they will certainly be able to use it again once the pandemic subsides.

I suspect things will change dramatically in the future that could scupper peoples plans ....virus or not.

Personally I normally travel each year outside Thailand to see family at home, now been here 18 months its safe (ish) but painful

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Let me look into my crystal ball....

So, next they'll stop granting extensions to permit to stay, kick all the farangs out and force them to sell their inaccessible condos at rock bottom prices to the CCP buddies that get in without restrictions. 

The writing is on the wall.

That would be awesome,I would buy a few for sure !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, poohy said:

I suspect things will change dramatically in the future that could scupper peoples plans ....virus or not.

Personally I normally travel each year outside Thailand to see family at home, now been here 18 months its safe (ish) but painful

It is unfortunate but the times are unprecedented in out lifetimes. I agree that the era of carefree (and cheap) international travel may be gone for awhile. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Seems like that plan is to screw you over in a big way or keep you out.   And if you do do it how long do you have to keep your 3 million in their dodgy bank? 

Exactly! This requirement is covid related ! Just a hunch, when will covid conditions be considered finished and when they are who's to say they will lift the 3 mill requirement scheme for another clawing of money excuse 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

So there wont be any applicant's then!

Why don't they just say, this group not yet included!

Because for some number of people, these requirements are not financially onerous and therefore it is an option for them to return. I am mystified why they set the amount at 3M baht, why not make it around 1M, which is at least close to the figure for annual retirement extensions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Farookin' ridiculous! Three million Baht earning 0.1% in a Thai bank plus another half million doing nothing in your home country - just how anxious do they think people are?

Expect a lot more condos to come up for sale.

No problem. I don't have any assets anymore in Thailand, all invested. But enough pension to annual extensions of stay.

I'm an orphan in Europe anyway, so no reason to go there for sentimental reasons. I can even celebrate Christmas here in Pattaya if I want. 

So I don't need another visa, and I never will. I have and will keep multiple entry in my passport even if I need a new one, so I can just travel around once the neighbouring countries are as successful in fighting the pest as Thailand is. 

In the meantime I can travel inside of Thailand. I'm sure my Thai lady will find places where I never been before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pi2005ni said:

They really are intent in getting rid of the dead beat foreigners. If you are genuinely retired here 3 million baht is not a fortune to have in the bank . 

Winner!!!

It took 5 pages and 66 posts but there it is. 3 million is but a p.iss in the ocean. 

How much is a foreigners family and home worth to you to be able to come back and live with them.?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

So absolutely <deleted> stupid, who puts baht in cash on a bank account, only idiots see their money being wasted by inflation, <deleted> do they not accept stock portfolios etc, oh yeah because thailand.

I do monthly, I suspect many others.

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

Exactly! This requirement is covid related ! Just a hunch, when will covid conditions be considered finished and when they are who's to say they will lift the 3 mill requirement scheme for another clawing of money excuse 

Or one can just wait until entries return to normal...I'd say 9-12 months. (Of course, depending on one's situation in farangland, they may save money returning to Thailand and not spending on rent/hotels, food, "entertainment," etc costs of where they are now).