Soi Dog Foundation Co-founder John Dalley awarded MBE in Queen’s Birthday Honours List

rooster59

What they do is good and it must be done, but it is a waste of time when most dogs are never adopted.

What need to be done is start teaching Thai about adoption and maybe make breeding business illegal.

No respect for any breeder, they should all be jailed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Totally preposterous.

Unless someone can post a link to a sensible population control policy they would be committed to. Soi dogs are a public health issue, which must be handled just as unemotionally as COVID, for instance.

Soi Dog sterilized more than 300.000 dogs in Thailand already ...

• Like 2

I suppose you're either a dog person or you aren't. Whilst all dogs are intellectually challenged, the emotional intelligence gets me. I can identify with their feelings of fear, love, loss, loyalty. There's a lot of humans find dogs add something to their life. Cats are a different kettle of fish, mostly a female thing, one I don't understand, but there you have it Mars and Venus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nausea said:

I suppose you're either a dog person or you aren't. Whilst all dogs are intellectually challenged, the emotional intelligence gets me. I can identify with their feelings of fear, love, loss, loyalty. There's a lot of humans find dogs add something to their life. Cats are a different kettle of fish, mostly a female thing, one I don't understand, but there you have it Mars and Venus. 

There is absolutely no problem with dogs as long as they are not allowed to roam freely and without any owner wherever they want. In many Western countries there are laws to avoid this and if a hunter sees a dog running around in the fields or forest he will kill it. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Oldie said:

There is absolutely no problem with dogs as long as they are not allowed to roam freely and without any owner wherever they want. In many Western countries there are laws to avoid this and if a hunter sees a dog running around in the fields or forest he will kill it. 

Except for them attacking and sometimes killing kids, the noise, the mess and the diseases they carry and spread and being a traffic hazard, no problems there at all ????

I've lived in Phuket for 20 years. When I first lived here there were far more stray dogs than there are now. The Soi Dog Foundation's method of sterilisation and release, plus their adoption scheme is the reason for the reduction in stray population.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chainsaw said:

I've lived in Phuket for 20 years. When I first lived here there were far more stray dogs than there are now. The Soi Dog Foundation's method of sterilisation and release, plus their adoption scheme is the reason for the reduction in stray population.

It works on an Island but not in the country at large with millions of them already roaming almost every soi, shop front, and food cart. The foundation claim to have done over 100 dogs every day for 16 years, obviously it has not worked.

• Like 1

The problem we have if we are led to believe that 30k to 40k dogs are sterilised every year there is about 75k dogs released onto the streets by uncaring owners, how can sterilisation work when more dogs are being released than being sterilised, it is like plugging a leaking dam that has a six foot hole with a Liebfraumilch wine cork.