Do Covid Extensions Need Stamped to be Valid to November 30?

Ok.  We paid for the covid extension that was to be good till end of Oct.. BUT, they gave the odd consideration stamp requiring a revisit for another stamp for your additional 2 weeks by Oct. 16.

THEN they provided more amnesty after we got the ext.

My question:  Since they have since said every covid ext is now good to Nov 30, do we need to go to immigration and get this second stamp still?

or is it automatically amnestied to NOV 30?

EDIT:  and if we have to go, do we have to go by the 16th still? or am I good to take her later in the month?

Thanks!

Edited by Dart12

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

Can you verify which date I need to get her to immigration by, by chance?

You need to go on the 16th if that is your report back date on your under consideration stamp.

The extension will end on November 30th.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to go on the 16th if that is your report back date on your under consideration stamp.

The extension will end on November 30th.

well.  Glad I asked, even though not happy with the answer.

Thanks guys.

dart12 - you need to go back to immigration to get and confirmed your extension ( second stamp) of stay coz there might be a chance of you not being extended and that will land you in overstay status. so by going on the 16th oct you will know for sure. amnesty extended till end oct but your applied extension still need to be confirmed. ( i personally had seen someone who did not go confirmed his extension and was actually denied )

• Like 1

I know someone who did their covid amnesty extension at the k counter of muang thong thani after the date and they were fine, as long as it is before the 31st of October.

I also asked an immigration officer about my under consideration return date they said any time on or after that date (october 28th) and before the 31st.

• Like 1

Hi Man - you might be better phoning first.

I say this, because I finally applied successfully for a covid extension on the 18th Sept at my local immigration office - to be given an under consideration stamp until the 8th October.

I am currently on Koh Chang.

Now, because going to immigration involves a ferry trip and driving, and because it took me 4 attempts and many hours wasted, just to satisfy their bureaurcratic demands for an extension in the first place, I did phone multiple times on the 7th and 8th with no answer, so I went back on the 8th, only to be told the approval hadn't come back yet, and to wait until they phoned me. Said it should be this week, but it's Wednesday already, so not holding out much hope. As this is interfering with travel plans, I asked if it was imperative that I return on the day they phoned, and they said no - could come later.

They didn't seem too clued up on current legislation, and were a bit vague. They even told me I should have phoned first, and then proceeded to all sit there in a virtually empty office, telling me how busy they were, when I showed them my phone log.

I would hope your district has the "approvals" already, or will have by the 16th, but I would recommend phoning first to check, to save yourself wasting time - and keep phoning until they answer.

After all the scrutiny I was placed under to apply for an extension, I really don't understand the necessity or the amount of time taken to further consider anything, other than blanket approval for stamps until 30th Nov for all those that applied successfully before the deadline, and the right to receive the stamp at any immigration office Nationwide.

Edited by Pla Simon
Grammatical error
  • Like 1

I'll just take her on that date to be safe.  Bad week for it, but it is what it is.  Better safe than sorry (although that seems to work against you in thailand...doing the right thing).  I paid 20k to get me what we got her for 1900 basically.

21 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

@ubonjoe or anyone else...

How much money do I need to provide her? if any?  Is this covered with the original 1900 correct?

If you are going back to get the final stamp after an under consideration period, there is no money to be paid. You are not making a new application for an extension.

• Like 1