Nam Oon sentenced to 8 years over ‘Lunlabelle’ case

webfact

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Wish you'd wait until you're sober though, before posting your 70's macho medallion man misogynistic tripe. Whatever drives that is your problem.

Not all pretties are hookers - far from it. Not all women are predatory. Women don't deserve to be raped or sexually assaulted because of the way they dress. Try reading about drinks spiked with drugs, vodka etc. Read about the case before spouting nonsense.

Sad you appear to be British from your avatar. You'd be more at home on the Indian sub-continent with your views on women.

A string of random and inaccurate insults from someone now on my ignore list.

Where did I post all pretties are hookers?

Where did I post all women are predatory?

Where did I post anyone (male or female) deserves to be assaulted (sexually or otherwise)?

Whats wrong with you?

No need to answer, I can't read it.

As for Nam Oon ....... it appears he was innocent of everything except being really stupid and dragging a dead body home with him. As Impulse previously stated, she was dead at the party, before he dragged her home.

From Coconuts ........

"Attention in the closely scrutinized case has turned to the smartwatch she was wearing on Monday. Biometric information obtained from it indicates that her heart stopped at 5pm, which would have been just after Rachadech Wongthabutr posted a video of her passed out at a private party. If she died at 5pm, it would mean that she was dead the entire time he took her home, and up to his room where he kept her for six hours."

Edited by BritManToo

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Sad you appear to be British from your avatar. You'd be more at home on the Indian sub-continent with your views on women.

I can tell you from experience he is far better off here in SE Asia same me

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you mean don't drag home a dead body, I'd agree.  Autopsy results showed she was dead between 15:00 and 19:00.  Her smartwatch says her heart quit beating at 17:00.  Which is before he "took her back home".  Apparently she was dead at the party.

Coconuts Bangkok has an extensive group of articles about the whole sordid mess.

thanks for these details.

the article gives no reason at all for the sentences, it would be nice to know the whole story behind the sentences which seemed at first rather harsh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bander said:

... Another nail in the coffin for Thailand as tourist destination? 

Bit of a stretch, no?

I don't think the much heralded "special" tourist will be hiring 'pretties' as hostesses for condo parties.

1 hour ago, khunpa said:
2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

'Party entertainers' ........... did you mean hookers?

I learned early on in my adventures in Thailand not to take girls home that are so drunk they can hardly stand, I wasn't worried about them dying in their sleep, but I wanted to avoid cleaning up the vomit all over my room the next day.

Don't get me wrong, it's really sad she died, but I'm not sure it's anyone's fault except her own.

Nobody held her down and forced the alcohol into her.

In Thailand it is always somebody’s else’s fault, when things go wrong.

Brake failure again.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tgw said:

the article gives no reason at all for the sentences, it would be nice to know the whole story behind the sentences which seemed at first rather harsh.

I'm not claiming the details are correct.  Just as reported in Coconuts Bangkok over the period from when it happened to the current time.  Quite a few articles, nicely organized and easy to follow if you click the links on the bottom of one of them.  I'd post a link, but I don't know the TVF rules about Coconuts.

Edit:  I'd add that I didn't know she left behind a 3 year old daughter...  Sad.

Edited by impulse

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

There's some arcane laws in some US states that prohibit transporting dead bodies between county jurisdictions without the proper permit.

I recall early on this case, there were two Bangkok police jurisdictions sitting on their hands as the actual place where she died was undefined. Sort of, "She died before she got here so it's the other cops case."

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As for Nam Oon ....... it appears he was innocent of everything except being really stupid and dragging a dead body home with him. As Impulse previously stated, she was dead at the party, before he dragged her home.

And you don't think it's all a bit unusual for a guy to take a dead (attractive female) body back to his flat?

Drunk in charge of a penis isn't a crime but his behavior smacks of something a bit more than simply being drunk and "really stupid."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And you don't think it's all a bit unusual for a guy to take a dead (attractive female) body back to his flat?

Drunk in charge of a penis isn't a crime but his behavior smacks of something a bit more than simply being drunk and "really stupid."

Not to mention another "pretty" at the party who reported to police that she came to, naked and probably raped.  In addition to the injuries that indicated the dead victim was also sexually assaulted.  Coconuts BKK.  Worth a read.  The whole thing is sordid and sad.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

He's a bodybuilder ......... not a group of people widely known for having brain cells.

If you read the series of posts he made from his phone during the events, it appears he didn't have a clue she was dead.

Even though her body was cold, her lips were blue and her internal muscles had let go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

how about just don't get recklessly drunk at all ever in Thailand? For a thousand good reasons? I was once a heavy drinker, now just a couple beers once in a while, nice and safe. And I don't go anywhere NEAR drunk women, I just don't like drunk people period. Each to his own of course. 

There where some times you think different, with other words, it can happen to anyone, isn't?

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What if I pass out and die while we are sleeping?

Will she be going to jail?

How about the other guys at the party that didn't take her home, they still went to jail.

Your warning should be extended to 'never attend a party where girls get drunk', if they die in the next 12hrs, you could get 5 years in jail.

I think the jail was more about him running around trying to dispose of her dead body, than her dying in his bed in her sleep. Can't imagine why the other guys at the party got jail sentences, it's inexplicable.

Inexplicable ?  nah, just Thailand, my mate got three months in Bang Kwang for suspicion, not a shred of evidence ....... His girlfriend was selling gear on the side for a bit of extra cash and when she got busted the cops of course went for the farang ATM machine first...... Sadly for them he was broke and thanked them for the free board and lodge for three months....... let him out after three without a sorry we've <deleted> up.....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Wish you'd wait until you're sober though, before posting your 70's macho medallion man misogynistic tripe. Whatever drives that is your problem.

Not all pretties are hookers - far from it. Not all women are predatory. Women don't deserve to be raped or sexually assaulted because of the way they dress. Try reading about drinks spiked with drugs, vodka etc. Read about the case before spouting nonsense.

I love the irony -- go after someone else for their supposed misogyny, then cap it off with a touch of casual racism. I'm old, but the world keeps me entertained!  

• Haha 1

If I recall correctly, some messages between the various suspects somehow got out on social media. I'm not sure if they were verified as real, but I think the suggestion was that she may have been intentionally drugged with the intent to sexually assault her. I may be wrong here, but I also seem to remember there being some evidence of sexual assault. If this is the case, then 8 years (at least) is certainly justified. If, otherwise, it was 'simply' a matter of a girl getting herself too drunk/high at a party and a guy panicking about how to deal with the situation, then 8 years seems pretty harsh. Intent is key.   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

They won’t serve the whole jail time here I think it’s like half if you started trouble while you’re in jail

I think you'll find it's the rich, wealthy and influential that get reduced sentences.

My daughters real dad got 25 years in jail for being a drugs mule ......... that was 23.5 years ago, and he isn't out yet.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think you'll find it's the rich, wealthy and influential that get reduced sentences.

My daughters real dad got 25 years in jail for being a drugs mule ......... that was 23.5 years ago, and he isn't out yet.

Drug offenses can be pretty harsh in many countries.. especially with an intent to sell or distribute. In many cases more jail time than murder!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

With a name like "Nam Oon" I can only imagine how he'll be received in prison.

He'll be passed around for the whole stretch, just as he deserves.

"Nam Oon"  ? What does that mean?

Sorry not every TV member is perfect in Thai language

• Like 2

He's a bodybuilder ......... not a group of people widely known for having brain cells.

Being a bodybuilder is no more a robust legal defense than simply brushing it off as being "really stupid."

On the other hand, if he was lucky enough to have a Yoovidhya or a Na Ayudhya somewhere in the family tree...

41 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Being a bodybuilder is no more a robust legal defense than simply brushing it off as being "really stupid."

Did you bother to read his online posts during the time he was carting her dead body around?

There certainly didn't appear to be any intent to do her harm.

Not that it would have made any difference as she was already dead.

"She peed on me"

already dead..jpg

Edited by BritManToo

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Why did that guy react in that way ?

If she did of alcohol poisoning in her sleep , the normal reaction would have been to just call for help , an ambulance or the police ...

Why did he need to carry her lifeless body down to his condo's lobby and dispose it there ?

Stupid thing to do , or was he still drunk ...?

He didn't remember the phone number. 555555555

• Sad 1

A string of random and inaccurate insults from someone now on my ignore list.

Where did I post all pretties are hookers?

Where did I post all women are predatory?

Where did I post anyone (male or female) deserves to be assaulted (sexually or otherwise)?

Whats wrong with you?

No need to answer, I can't read it.

From Coconuts ........

"Attention in the closely scrutinized case has turned to the smartwatch she was wearing on Monday. Biometric information obtained from it indicates that her heart stopped at 5pm, which would have been just after Rachadech Wongthabutr posted a video of her passed out at a private party. If she died at 5pm, it would mean that she was dead the entire time he took her home, and up to his room where he kept her for six hours."

Where did I post all pretties are hookers----Post  #6 You said 'Party entertainers' ........... did you mean hookers?  At the least insinuating "Pretties" are hookers.

Your attitude/bias toward women including your own daughter because she originally took her mother's side in your diviorce is well known. Men or women can be predatory and how many guys have seen other guys plying women with drinks to get them drunk so they can have their way with them. That was even on a tv series in US called Veronica Mars.  It was mentioned in old articles that they were chalenging/paying her to take drinks so they could get her drunk. Anther prettie woke up  naked she didn't. When you ply someone to a state of unconciuosness with drugs or liquor you have a legal (moral) responsibility to make sure they don't die. There have been cases in US where at college parties people have been charged with manslaughter because they did not call police/ambulance when student became unconcious because they may have been able to be resuscitated if emergency services called.

I have never drunk but I have in younger days taken home ex girl friend and female  cousin who got wasted and passed out and stayed with them woke them up so they didn't choke or regurgitate into their lungs because they were drunk.

Just because the smart watch didn't show a heartbeat after 5PM doesn't mean she was already dead could have malfunctioned or beats to slow to register. Plus he was taking naked pics of her at his place and posting on internet, real class guy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

snip ......... Your attitude/bias toward women including .......... snip

Another weird post from someone who appears to have basic comprehension problems.

I'll just put you on ignore, all you appear to offer to the discussion is mindless hate.

I already posted I didn't take drunk women home, no fun in that.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What if I pass out and die while we are sleeping?

Will she be going to jail?

How about the other guys at the party that didn't take her home, they still went to jail.

Your warning should be extended to 'never attend a party where girls get drunk', if they die in the next 12hrs, you could get 5 years in jail.

I think the jail was more about him running around trying to dispose of her dead body, than her dying in his bed in her sleep. Can't imagine why the other guys at the party got jail sentences, it's inexplicable.

Why inexplicable?  Don't rely solely on a news report on Thai Visa to articulate every aspect of the investigation.   

There could have been various levels of complicity in regards to negligence, recklessness, concealment of evidence and not reporting a serious crime, accessory after the fact lying and making false statements perhaps (pervert course of justice), etc.  

• Like 2

Just now, aussienam said:

Don't rely solely on a news report on Thai Visa to articulate every aspect of the investigation. 

I was relying on the reports and timeline published on Coconuts.

As she posted (boasted) on her phone she had been drinking for 2 hours (3hrs before she died), and the autopsy found no evidence of other drugs, it's entirely feasible to conclude she willingly drunk herself to death with alcohol.

In the west if you tried to stop a strong independent 25 year old woman from drinking as much as she wanted, you'd probably be arrested and charged. You're damned if you try to protect them from themselves, then arrested if you don't.

As far as I can see the only crime anyone could really be convicted and convicted for was dumping a dead body, and that was only the guy that took her dead body home. What's that worth, 2 weeks in jail? How long does a Thai court give you for deliberately killing a policeman?

Obvoiously  more to this  than just a drunk poor girl  dies

What do they do to her  to panic to  dispose of the body ......drugs ?  

We will never know  but  5-8 years  for  a  death ....

Get  more for   having a few drugs on your  person  ...yes I  think  also  ...Pathetic

Life is  cheap in Thailand  look at the  road  toll  know  one cares 

Good Luck Thailand