Proposal to cut tourist quarantine to 10 days in pipeline

webfact

7 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Every time these fools conjure up a new idea and it hits Thai media my Mrs thinks I'm coming back and then I have to take a day explaining it's the same idea that's why no one is coming back ????  

At least it is not the other way around ... explaining to you why you cannot come back ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

It had been determined that almost no virus cases would fall through the net if it was reduced from 14 to 10 days.

Completely in contradiction to what these two so called "experts" Dr. Yong and Dr. Thira of Chulalongkorn University always babble in their weekly move to boost Covid-paranoia and xenophobia in Thailand, and who tell the people that foreigners are still infectious even after four weeks quarantine. These two well paid, biased, xenophobic junta mouthpieces.

:cheesy::clap2::post-4641-1156694572::thumbsup:

No tourists will be interested anyway, though. 10 days quarantine are still 10 days too much for a holiday.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Not really sure what all the hoopla is about, Replacing 14-days in a comfy ASQ with 10-days in a pipeline?

They want to get millions in, so I suppose there's a need for a pipe hotel.

210370625.jpg

Cook at 180 degrees for 10 days. Remember to check the temperature daily from the meter stuck up the esteemed tourist's --------.

• Haha 2

The world is or would be beautiful and perfect without these sickening and disgusting societies ruling it and it’s only money focusing inhuman politics. This way we are ripped off of our freedom and under the seamless brainwashing process what we don’t even realize. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I used to come for a month, once or twice a year.  I would not have come if there was even a week's quarantine.  For 3 months, yes, but lie most working people that wasn't possible.

Tha magic word is vaccine.  TAT should just dose on their desks until one is available, then let anyone who can prove they've been vaccinated straight in.

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

I used to come for a month, once or twice a year.  I would not have come if there was even a week's quarantine.  For 3 months, yes, but lie most working people that wasn't possible.

Tha magic word is vaccine.  TAT should just dose on their desks until one is available, then let anyone who can prove they've been vaccinated straight in.

Since they've never managed to develop a vaccine for SARS (SARS-CoV) that was first identified about 17 years ago, I won't be holding my breath for a vaccine to fix Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:
7 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

Thai's are good at copying. They should just copy everything Singapore does re tourists a month later. Things down there seem mostly sensible.

Copy Singapore?

2 September 2020

Singapore’s borders are now reopening gradually to allow safe travel in limited numbers, with the necessary safeguards in place to ensure public health considerations are addressed.

General Advisory for Visitors

1. Short-term visitors are not allowed entry into Singapore, except those coming in under the Green/Fast Lane arrangements, the Air Travel Pass or with special prior approval. 

https://www.stb.gov.sg/content/stb/en/home-pages/advisory-on-covid-19.html

The aforementioned "Green/Fast lane arrangements" are solely for mainland Chinese.

I did a bit more reading and found out how Singapore has been pretty proactive in getting travel bubbles going. The latest agreement will allow Singaporean and Hong Kong leisure travelers to travel between their airports without quarantining.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/spore-hk-set-to-launch-air-bubble-which-may-allow-leisure-travel-without-need

Existing arrangements as follows.

"Singapore has unilaterally opened its borders to travellers from Brunei and New Zealand (from Sept 1), as well as Vietnam and Australia excluding Victoria state (from Oct 8)."

This follows on from their Bilateral arrangements for business and a tight selection of others that they set up a few months back.

China (from June 8 )

China was the first country to establish a green lane with Singapore. The arrangement applies to Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing, Guangdong, Jiangsu and Zhejiang. It will gradually be expanded to other provinces and municipalities.

Malaysia (from Aug 17)

Two schemes are in place: The Reciprocal Green Lane, for short-term essential business and official travellers; and the Periodic Commuting Arrangement, for longer-term travel for work and business-related travel.

There are also reciprocal green lanes with Brunei (from Sept 1), South Korea (from Sept 4), Japan (from Sept 18) and Indonesia (applications to begin on Oct 26).

Discussions are ongoing for certain places, such as Thailand and Hong Kong."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/opening-up-singapore-to-travellers-from-abroad-what-arrangements-are-in-place-so-far

The key to all this is the Air Travel Pass which is something that's issued by respective governments, their health ministries or their civil aviation authorities. So far nothing about this from the Thai government or CAAT, just the endless, conflicting smoke and mirrors about STV's and high-end tourists from TAT or the Ministry of Sports and Tourism.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Because 7 days would miss a significant number of infections.

10 days on the other hand will catch 95% of them.

Very big difference.

The bigger questions is why only for "tourists from "ow risk countries". Would make sense IMO to reduce it to 10 days across the board.

"10 days on the other hand will catch 95% of them."   The 5% could become a significant number of infected people as the number of travellers/tourists increases.  

14 days is barely enough time.  To add a safety factor it should be 21 days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It doesn't really matter how long the quarantine is for tourists because they aren't currently allowing entry for any tourists in the first place. The quarantine might as well be 100 days. Until they let any planes with actual tourists in, it doesn't make any difference how long the quarantine is.

I wish they would stop making meaningless pronouncements and actually implement something.

• Like 2

Well if we need to have a clean bill of health before leaving our country to go to Thailand

plus 10 days quarantine in Thailand, that would be about 12 days of clean health, wouldn't it.

In Canada a woman was arrested for going back to work at a senior care home only

4 days after she returned from another country. I hope she gets a year in jail for that

stunt. There is also a pompus A** in the USA government who thinks that the

Canada/USA border and Mexico border should be reopened to all Americans. What a knob,                   as that toxic country still has way too many people catching the virus to even consider 

opening the border until sometime next year, maybe in Spring if the vaccine is being given

to lots and lots of people. Stay healthy and cautious Thailand.

Geezer

At risk of sounding sensible, always resented everywhere, why not certify hundrfeds of hotels, add a fee for police supervision for the 14 day lockdown, and open up the country while staying safe?  Local food vendors make delivery lists for each hotel, hotels get occupancy, and the cops get overtime--while incoming people get to have an indoor camping experience?  It really would be a win-win-win situation.  Just sayin'

23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Copy Singapore?

2 September 2020

Singapore’s borders are now reopening gradually to allow safe travel in limited numbers, with the necessary safeguards in place to ensure public health considerations are addressed.

General Advisory for Visitors

1. Short-term visitors are not allowed entry into Singapore, except those coming in under the Green/Fast Lane arrangements, the Air Travel Pass or with special prior approval. 

https://www.stb.gov.sg/content/stb/en/home-pages/advisory-on-covid-19.html

The aforementioned "Green/Fast lane arrangements" are solely for mainland Chinese.

Sorry you quote old info, Australia except Victoria, NZ, Vietnam, Brunei are in now,https://www.caas.gov.sg/who-we-are/newsroom/Detail/singapore-welcomes-visitors-from-australia-and-vietnam-from-8-october-2020/ 

On 10/15/2020 at 9:26 AM, steven100 said:

another bird brain suggestion .....  absolute circus.   lol

Keep posting , guys .. 

Clicks mean cash , business .

I prefer watching , Corrie playbacks, on You Tube .

Nuff is more than, enough ...

Edited by elliss

• 2 weeks later...