Well heeled "Elite card" holders to "fly in on private jets from UK and Germany"

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

One told us that they could not even get a lawyer as a proxy to release their funds in Thailand and they are now desperate for money abroad.

Really!!! Either the one who could not do this or the writer is an imbecile. It's just a matter of following some procedures. A pain though they might be.

Edited by Ketyo

8 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Because some people refuse to be held at ransom when they have everything to get there and their families and homes there . Why all the hoop jumping and pay this and buy that etc when they have lived there for years !

Those in charge are just using it to help their rich mates who own hotels etc to line their deep pockets . 

How is being compelled to stay in a quarantine being “held at ransom” when whole counties are shut down? 

Are not Thais compelled to stay in quarantine when they return?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

How is being compelled to stay in a quarantine being “held at ransom” when whole counties are shut down? 

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yeah Thais get it free as far as I am aware . Anyone else pays and has to take out the Covid insurance, tests , COE paper , have correct visa , have good reason , pay flight at higher rate . Bargain ????

• Haha 2

I really think Thailand needs to build up it's info structure more to get more tourists and help the young adults have a better life as drugs are becoming the new norm. With this great weather things should be a lot greener like having parks [I haven't seen one yet] up north. And places where families can go and have some fun together. Seeing Thai people enjoying life would make tourist feel more at home.

So, if you want to bring covid in go for broke. UK and Germany? A very good chance of hitting the jackpot. But why Chinese from those countries? Are they fleeing the scene?

Edited by Gandtee
punctuation

9 hours ago, actonion said:

First it was China, now U.K., & Germany, looks like we're going around the world before the truth happens

There was a movie once called "Around the World in 80 Lies" starring Somchai someone or another.   It was a tragic comedy! ????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

On the subject of being locked out of your bank in Thailand : Don't these incredible high rollers with private jets coming out of their ears, have a thai debit/credit card like i have that you can use worldwide to withdraw money and pay for purchases ?

Not to mention your banking app and deemoney to transfer from thailand to European countries.... 

Sorry no time to type more, i am going from my home in Hua Hin to the beach in my private helicopter to spend my 300 baht per day.

Mate, you should stop riding  your bicycle while you are wearing virtual reality goggles.  Your helicopter bicycle may have an accident!  ????

Edited by Grumpy John

Ha ha.........and once again the usual grinning face from the Usual suspects pops up again.......  It's not been China's year .........  The writing's on the wall though, but sadly i don't see an Indonesian response to the problem.....   Sad to see Thailand in such a mess.......  

19 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I tried to make a new post but I can’t do it for some reason I’m just asking why on TV the sensors are blocking out the students were protesting in Bangkok

they do the same when you write something about the Chinese.

Scared that the webpage will be ordered to close.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, webfact said:

They are increasingly claiming that the Thai authorities are only interested in money, not legitimate humanitarian concerns.

You're kidding?

Who woulda thunk it.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have read so many times of the unelected "PM" having a personal fortune of billions of Baht, this guy as far as I know has been a soldier all or most of his adult life, right up until he led his soldiers in a coup and appointed himself as a "PM", so where did all his fortune come from?

It is highly unlikely any of it was inherited.

I thought I read in a thread on this forum a couple of years back Prayuth got a 600 million plot of land after his father died.  Was some buzz in the press about it.

So, making the claim "It is highly unlikely any of it was inherited. " is a long way off the mark.  But I do understand the point you are making.  Not too many filthy rich soldiers in Australia or the USA!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

I thought I read in a thread on this forum a couple of years back Prayuth got a 600 million plot of land after his father died.  Was some buzz in the press about it.

So, making the claim "It is highly unlikely any of it was inherited. " is a long way off the mark.  But I do understand the point you are making.  Not too many filthy rich soldiers in Australia or the USA!

Yes, it is hard to imagine a young guy joining the army coming from such a rich family, as you say, not too many, if any, sons of multi millionaires in any western countries.

Edited by possum1931