Well heeled "Elite card" holders to "fly in on private jets from UK and Germany"

webfact

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

I am wondering just who is the "well heeled" person from Germany who only flies in for visits and has his own private jet.

I'll give me 3 guesses, let me dwell on it, I'll get back to you when I work it out, maybe Google could shine some light on this 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I'll give me 3 guesses, let me dwell on it, I'll get back to you when I work it out, maybe Google could shine some light on this 

But that person does not need an Elite Visa, and neither do the others in his party, but then maybe he is bringing friends home to meet the family, just saying.

5 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

:cheesy: High Roller's! Where Thailand put all that money?

More subs,thanks,helicopters, personal carriers. But what monies going the Thai people's way directly. My Thai friend and his wife both worked in a large sized G House both temporary laid off .Due to the fact tourists aren't allowed in the country under the Government's policies G House closed .Applied for The 5000Baht Government hand out and were informed they didn't qualify.

All thought the Government won't except it from the Amnesty visa hand out corona virus is here to stay like the cold and flu virus . The latest Virus though is more server and needs awareness.

5 hours ago, Logosone said:

Either you have something "completely under control" or you do not. You can't have something "almost completely under control".

Thailand certainly does not have the virus "under control". No country on earth can control this virus. Certainly not the UK, Italy or Spain with extreme lockdowns.

In Thailand we have seen excess deaths of 2800 to 8200, more or less the same figure of covid deaths as in Germany.

The virus has just not exploded in Thailand and Germany, but for some reason it has in the UK. 

You can't say Thailand has the virus "completely under control". That's a nonsense. A second wave may yet prove devastating in Thailand.

that's why the door needs to remain closed, many other countries have seemingly good intentions but their populace lack the intelligence to keep vigilant..

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

In love with initialism ,  Thailand has now proudly proclaimed its new   DDD  or  3D  announcements:

Daily Drivel of the Day  !

note:  I tried explaining that daily  and  day   were repetitive,  only to be told " Duhhh"

Edited by rumak

44 minutes ago, johng said:

There was a lot of "Viral Pneumonia" deaths reported at the start of the year  then abruptly the website stopped updating the information..the website was listed somewhere on here (Thaivisa)

low numbers of tests = low numbers of cases    but even better if you can call "it" something else.

There were some 3,600 + reports of an unknown Viral Pneumonia reported, as far back as early November 2019

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Somchai said that the 500 are loaded with money and willing to spend 80,000 to 100,000 baht on the 14 day state quarantine.

While accepting that Elite card holders may have put down anything from 500,000 to 2 million for the privilege, some point to the fact that being locked out they cannot access similar large sums in Thai banks deposited for visas and multi-millions in investments in property especially condos. 

They are increasingly claiming that the Thai authorities are only interested in money, not legitimate humanitarian concerns.  

Yea That's the word Money ,Money ,Money Nothing else matters.

So it looks like that Money Can't Buy Everything in Los.

We all Know that their Concern  is THB ,Humanitarian concerns  Zero.

• Like 1

A bit off topic, headlines today in France that China has released the vaccin and has vaccinated half a million Chinese, mainly students and business Travellers. Cost 25/ 28 $. Apparently, they have been accepted into the international medical corps as being  * ok* sorry cant remember the term they used. If so, be prepared to have many Chinese tourists in the near future. Of course, the proof of the pudding ........

• Like 1

I don't know what this guy's been smoking but I want some.

Reading all the stories and comments from the likes of him and the Thai government over the last few months has been like reading the script from a comedy show.

What was it Charnvirakul said yesterday? "Thailand is ready to open up to foreign tourists" - yeah right! You really couldn't make this stuff up.

????????????????????????

6 hours ago, yang123 said:

Source?

https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data/blob/master/excess-deaths/deaths.csv

Do an average of earlier years and superimpose 4/2019-4/2020 on it.

Source is the civil registration system in Thailand. https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data/tree/master/excess-deaths

Edited by DrTuner

The thinking is probably like this:
Foreign commoners like retirees and those with Thai families are like dogs.  Let them into the house once and they think they can come in whenever they want.

So now. 
"Rich foreigner!" <finger snap, finger snap>  "Heel.  Good dogs."
Thailand's new "Best Friends."

Have no idea what's going on with all this visa stuff. My friend has just arrived from Uk via Dubai. and is staying at the royal suite hotel in bangkok. he has wife and a son here he now just told me he has 2 weeks quarantine then can join his love ones  has a non o b visa . If he can do it why can't the others who are stranded in the Uk?